Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Poser 11, can't find "areaLite.obj"?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Jan 30, 2017 ยท 5 posts

MikeMoss posted Mon, 30 January 2017 at 9:47 PM

Hi

Every time I open anything in Poser 11, it says can't find "areaLite.obj". I have to go through the cancel, not don't look, and then it runs fine.

I have searched both my Poser 2014 Pro, and my Poser 11 directories and neither one has this file in it.

How can I stop it from asking for it every time I open something.

I've had things like this before that it asks for even though the item is not part of my project and I'd like know who to get rid of these things when they start.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

donnena posted Mon, 30 January 2017 at 10:49 PM

it should be looking for areaLite.obz, which is located in your poser 11 Content folder> geometries > Lights.
The OBJ is inside the obz.
This is one of the default lights, that Poser knows is located in the default runtime. Did you possibly unmap this runtime? Or maybe not install the basic content?

;>

Andy!

MikeMoss posted Tue, 31 January 2017 at 5:01 AM

Hi

Poser 11 crashed and gave me a blue screen that forced me to reboot and then reinstall Poser 11 because it wouldn't launch after the crash. Once I did that I found that it showed that my Runtime file was empty.

So I removed and reinstalled again.

When I opened Poser 11, it showed that the Runtime was empty again.

I couldn't get it to see where the Runtime was, so I copied a backup runtime file into the Poser Contents, Runtime location (this is where it thought that the Runtime was). After that it saw the content of my Runtime.

However it doesn't see the location of my Runtime in my C: Users folder, not where I wanted it to put it.

I think I'm going to reinstall again for the 3rd time, but I need to know how to get it to put the Runtime in the Poser Content folder. I've tried selecting both of the options as to where to put the Runtime during the install process.

Which is the correct one, I'm running Poser 11 from a different drive then C:.

I also have Poser Pro 2014 installed and it is working normally and has the Runtime in the Poser Pro 2014 folder.

I've had Poser 11 installed and working since it first came out, and I have the install files downloaded so it's not a big job to reinstall but I want to get it right the next time.

I never had any problems like this before, it always put the Runtime under the Poser 11 directory.

So how do I make sure it puts the Runtime in the Poser 11 Directory not on my C: drive?

I must be missing something when I do the install, my memory isn't what it was when I was younger. LOL

Mike

MikeMoss posted Tue, 31 January 2017 at 7:49 AM

Hi

I think I finally got it figured out.

I missed the point where you have to type in where you want the content installed and then I had to manually tell it to put the data in that location for each install. It still didn't show up in Libraries as the default location, but I was able to add it as an alternate location and have everything show up.

I don't remember having to do all this when I installed it before, but it's working.

Mike

donnena posted Tue, 31 January 2017 at 8:19 AM

Yay!!!!!

;>

Andy!