Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Issue with Gen3 Female

Vially opened this issue on Mar 12, 2017 ยท 40 posts

Vially posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 2:06 PM

Okay, so my issue is with Gen3 female - It appears to have not installed correctly and I cannot get it to do so. According to Daz Install Manager it recides in: (C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library) /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf

These are cut and paste information from Daz Install Manager, when I select the link and open the folder. the Only file shown is the DSON support file and 4 folders. Morphs, Projection Templates, Tools and UV sets. Each folder has it's own respective sub-folders and each DOES have items in it.

However, when I load Daz Studio, Gen3 Female is blank when I navigate to where she should be for import. Files> Figures> People> Female> Genesis 3> this shows as blank, nothing in it. (there is a line that states "Where are my files?" - which is exactly what I am trying to figure out.

As an interesting side note: Files> Figures> People> Female> Real World> shows Victoria 6, which appears to load without issue. Not much in the way of Morphs; however, the ones that are there work just fine. This is interesting simply because V6 is based off the Gen3 base model correct? So Daz Studion knows "something" about where that information is, just not where it is to load the base figure into it's own catagory.

So, this started by my attempting to make a hair prop for V6 in Poser - I am unable to get the polygon surfaces I am selecting to highlight, (thereby allowing me to see what I am doing.) I know I am not doing the process wrong, because, well it works for every other character I load, even Daz characters. So it's an issue with the V6/Gen3 character. I am going on the assumption that since Gen 3 does not exists as far as Daz Studio is concerned in base format, this could be why DSON cannot translate the Polygon surfaces... Whew, still with me?

Okay, so in trying to find the files that make up G3 Female, I went to G3 Male: Files> Figures> People> Male> Real World> and G2 and G3 are listed - as well as Basic Male and Surfer guy... I select Genesis Male, right click and "Browse to file location" and it opens in: C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryPeopleGenesis 3 Male

So... following logic, I back out of that path and go into the Genisis Female Folder: There are 3 files and 4 sub-folders Files are the DSON user file and 2 PNG - JUST Exactly like G3 Males folder content...

So, since G3 Female is where she is supposed to be in order to load into DAZ, I try to load bty double clicking on the file: G3 Loads into DAZ Studio just fine and there are a couple extra Morphs associated with just her (ears and whatnot.)

I should note here that according to Daz Install Manager the G3 Male content files are located in: (C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library) /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf

If I open the link, I get teh exact same type of file listing I get for G3 Female, the DSON Support file and 4 folders.

So both Models are loaded, both are default, both the files are exactly where the system is thinking they are and are exactly the same in terms of the type of data they contain. One loads and one does not.

the issue appears to be that ANYTHING associated with Genesis3Female is not read, or "folders" within the treee structure are just ignored and not loaded. Any help with this would be great, and before it is suggested I have un-installed and re-installed G3 Female essentials multiple times to no resolution.

Thank you, V