Forum: Virtual World Dynamics

Subject: Mac OS

platnumk opened this issue on May 16, 2017 ยท 7 posts

platnumk posted Tue, 16 May 2017 at 2:00 PM

Is there any chance of there being a MAC version of the DAZ Studio bridge

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Tue, 16 May 2017 at 7:26 PM

I know it is a problem for the Mac users. I want to create a MAC version of the program but It is not easy because I use a library which is not compatible with MAC, for now. Perhaps it will become compatible in the coming months, I don't know. If this library stays not compatible with Mac, I have to rewrite all the interface part of the program. A lot of work. In all cases, I promize you I will continue to think to this.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

DocMatter posted Tue, 04 July 2017 at 8:44 AM

Has anyone tried using this with Wine or another windows emulator so it will work in a Mac?

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 1:30 AM

Hello DocMatter,

I know some persons made tests with windows emulators but the result was not good at all.

Have you made some tests with the Demo version?

DocMatter posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 8:32 AM

Not yet. I haven't downloaded the Demo yet. Maybe I'll give it a try with Wine and see what happens.

Fauvist posted Mon, 17 July 2017 at 3:52 PM

Do you need the Poser or DAZ Studio software AND the VWD software installed on a Windows PC? Or just the VWD software?

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Tue, 18 July 2017 at 5:32 PM

Hello Fauvist,

You need to have the Poser or DAZ Studio software AND the VWD software installed on a Windows PC. If you use Daz Studio, you also need to have the bridge for Daz Studio written by Philemot.