Forum: Community Center

Subject: Monitor

sheedee3d opened this issue on May 30, 2017 ยท 3 posts

sheedee3d posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 12:39 AM

I am currently in the market for a new monitor.

I would appreciate any ones input on which monitor out there will give me nice bright crisp and solid colors that really pop off the screen...i know for a fact that i macs reproduce outstanding vivid sharp and bright colors...but sadly enaugh these babies are way out of my price range!. image.png

I guess my real question is...is there a monitor out there that can more or less match the display quality of an imac?...or at least come a bit close?...

Or...on the other hand...which monitor is currently the one that can reproduce the best color range and brightness and sharpness and black levels...etc...etc...

In short...which one would you guys recommend out of experience?... image.png

hborre posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 9:34 AM

You would need to research this a little further, but, to my understanding, the reason Mac monitor displays look crisper is the Gamma Correction setting. If the Apple standard hasn't changed, those monitors were set to 1.8 Gc as opposed to the industry standard of 2.2. Again, this information is based on numbers published years ago, everything may have changed by now. Please correct me if this is true.

Steve K. posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 2:52 PM

I've always liked ViewSonic, but it's been a while since I bought one. Maybe just stroll through Best Buy or Fry's?