Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Victoria 7 animation

westcat opened this issue on Jun 10, 2017 ยท 7 posts

westcat posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 1:29 PM

I have been doing some animation with V4 in Poser for some time now. I have made a lot of motions and bought and modified dozens. I do notice that V7 seems here to stay, but can only be worked on in DazStudios. OK that is fine, but I have heard that animating in Daz Studios with V7 is an absolute night mare. This I learnt from a forum rant on the Daz site. Can anyone here set me straight, and provide some links to details of how to do animations with V7 and do them right. I am looking to do wrestling boxing judo ground fighting which requires parenting especially when doing a classic roll of two characters trying to get the top pin position. I was told this animation is very difficulat to do in DAZ with V7 genesis 3 .click for animation >>>
Rolling fight

wolf359 posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 5:34 PM

Hi it is entirely possible that you read one of my many rants on this issue.

Long story short. Victoria & or any Genesis 3 based figure has a new bone structure that makes it non compatible with any motion file data used on previous figures from Genesis 2 all the down the generations to poser dork.

The good new is that problem has been effectively solved with motion retargeting scripts where you create& perfect you motion with a genesis 2 or even a V4 . And then you run the script to transfer the motion to G3.

I cannot Link you to any Daz forum discussions from this site but Google the following terms:

zaz777, Genesis3

Your results should lead you to the many discussions on using the scripts in Daz studio.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 7:37 PM

How easy though is it to make animations in DazStudio?

wolf359 posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:11 PM

Much easier than poser.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 9:18 PM

Thank you Sir. It does look like the renders are of a much higher quality.in Daz

wolf359 posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 7:02 AM

Keep in mind Daz studio has the IRay render engine that is very hardware intensive and may not be suitable multi-frame animation renders unless you have a very powerful system with a Nvdia graphics card.

My website

YouTube Channel

westcat posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 10:23 AM

thank you. Yes I was told DAZ is really intense that was.