Forum: Community Center

Subject: A Commentary from a customer's point of view

eportscreations opened this issue on Jan 24, 2018 · 27 posts

eportscreations posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 5:39 PM

First off, I am not a merchant of Poser or Daz Studio content. I am a customer and a hobbyist of both Poser and Daz Studio programs. And have being for well over 10 years. I also do not post a great deal on the forums. But I do read them off and on.

So, one of the things I have noticed over the last few years is a division of my favorite hobby and the community that is part of it.

That division is, as we all know it, is the parting of Daz and Poser content. One does not (simply) work in Poser any more. That is fine! I just had to go and learn how to use the Daz Studio program, it is a fine tool, I should have learned it sooner. As you can guess, I like both programs, they both are excellent tools that help me reach my final product. And that is the creation of creative art images.

Ok! So, lets take a step back. The point of this commentary and my reason for writing this. Today I saw in another thread, two well know merchants fighting about a (new stand-alone model) the other had created for Poser. (Yes! Another well made model for Poser.) A model that is (“needed and wanted”) by the community that will work in Poser.

And from a customer’s point of view. I don’t care what those merchants are fighting about. Yes, I am sure it is important to them (their disagreement). But what I am looking for is a popular new supported stand-alone model for Poser. And the merchant above that created it has done a fine job. And the other merchant should be making content for it, because he is a very good as a content creator. I know, because I own a lot of his products.

Merchants, content creators! You work for your customers, they give you money for well made products that they have a demand for. You know the term, supply and demand? How about the other phrase, the customer is always right? How about being professional and supporting your customers and their community and desires. It is your source of income, is it not? Put yourself in the customers shoes, is it how you would like to be treated? No! So, don’t get mad at me for complaining a bit. All I want is your excellent well-made products. Your reward for doing that is my money and my high ratings on your products. In the end you make more money. We can agree, it is the right thing to do, right?

So, in the end, could we just support this new stand-alone model for Poser? And make it go right for the Poser and Daz community / customers? We will all win in the end, in some way or form.

All I want as a paying customer, is a new supported stand-alone Poser model. It is that simple!

That’s all.