Forum: Carrara

Subject: IClone As Carrara Replacement: Mature And Ready For Instant Gratification..

dr_bernie opened this issue on Mar 24, 2018 ยท 29 posts

dr_bernie posted Sat, 24 March 2018 at 2:31 PM

There shouldn't be a doubt in anybody's mind by now that Carrara is dead. As dead as John Lennon, as dead as JFK. Never to be resuscitated.

Fortunately there are many replacements to make you not regret uninstalling Carrara. One of them is IClone by Reallision.

Carrara may be OK to quickly put-together a scene with a half-naked V4 and press the render button to get a so-so image, but to create professional Maya-like animations at a bargain price, Carrara simply doesn't cut it, and if you insist on creating animations with Carrara you must have really fallen on your head.

If you are a one-man 3D team and you wish to create believable animations without spending a fortune and finish your project in a reasonable amount of time, then IClone (and some support software) is what you need.

I have been following IClone ever since its version 2 when it was merely a cute toy to play with. But while during the years Carrara has stlaled and stalled and stalled and (well you get the idea), IClone has made steady progresses and steady progresses and steady progresses and (well you get the idean too), to the point that its latest version, which is version 7, is a near-professional 3D animation package with excellent support for DAZ/Poser contents (extra software required).

An exhaustive review of IClone would be too lengthy in one article, so I will divide it into multiple segments.

The greatest feature of IClone, as I said above, is its ability to let you finish a near-pro animation very quickly without the need of a full-blown production studio, although you might need some well endowed computer equipment.

But first things first. Here are a few interesting examples of movies made with IClone. You will notice the use of Daz/Poser contents in a few of them.

Aria Redux The Legends Of Auria The Realm 1 The Realm 2 Dance 1 Dance 2 Dance 3 Dance 4