Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Walk Designer: Multiple Characters

mmandala opened this issue on Oct 19, 2018 ยท 6 posts

mmandala posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 11:54 PM

Have a big project requiring multiple characters walking in scenes where they'll be ascending and descending wooded trails. The PZ3 file of the wooded area is already huge with a lot of plants and foliage which has caused a number of crashes already. I dread adding more character ploys to this already unstable build, but it's what the client is paying for. Question: should I design my character's walks in a separate file and import them OR render them with an alpha and composite them in AE or Motion? Thanks in advance!

Boni posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 6:33 AM Online Now!

Well, I would backup everything ... build each walk path and save it ... then slowly add each to your scene. IF and only if that crashes then I would composite it. When you composite it you will lose proper lighting and shadows, unless that is unnecessary. May I suggest you use a comic book style? I know that sounds weird, but it uses fewer resources and yuo may be able to do more. Your client might even enjoy the idea.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

mmandala posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 7:49 PM

Thank you, Boni! All good advice. I'm about to hit the Poser Manual to review animating walks, but off chance, can a walk path be made to go in the Y axis (up/down)?

Boni posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 8:34 AM Online Now!

That I am unsure of. But you can test it ... and "drop to ground" MIGHT help with that ... never tried it, though.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Richard60 posted Wed, 24 October 2018 at 9:02 PM

The walk path does not do Y, however you can manually go in and add the amount of Y need per frame or every some many frames depends on how curvy the terrain is.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

mmandala posted Fri, 26 October 2018 at 3:01 PM

Richard60 posted at 3:01PM Fri, 26 October 2018 - #4338170

The walk path does not do Y, however you can manually go in and add the amount of Y need per frame or every some many frames depends on how curvy the terrain is.

Thanks Richard!