Wed, Sep 18, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue going subscription

KukuIcan ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2020 at 6:49 AM

Please tell me if I get this about right. If I decided to go for 10 month Creator for modeling and 2 month professional for rendering in serious resolutions I would need:

• 10x $20 = $200
  • 2x $75 = $150
  • 1x $250 (for plant catalogue, as Creator version won't cut it).

That's $650 a year (instead of $990) and about $9750 until I get my old age pension ;) I think I'll pass and switch to C4D as long as they offer their perpetual license.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2020 at 2:37 AM

KukuIcan posted at 9:30AM Fri, 17 April 2020 - #4384269

Please tell me if I get this about right. If I decided to go for 10 month Creator for modeling and 2 month professional for rendering in serious resolutions I would need:

• 10x $20 = $200
  • 2x $75 = $150
  • 1x $250 (for plant catalogue, as Creator version won't cut it).

That's $650 a year (instead of $990) and about $9750 until I get my old age pension ;) I think I'll pass and switch to C4D as long as they offer their perpetual license.

That’s about right and that’s why I don’t understand people that do this. I refuse to buy any software that’s subscription bases. First of all you pay more than what you used to pay, secondly no more skipping versions. You keep on paying.

Vue going subscription based forced me to rethink my way of doing art. I decided to invest some time and money into learning how to actually make real art. I now render my scenes with a paint brush. Cheaper than upgrading my expensive software and hardware. Way more fun and relaxing too.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.