Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Missing files and folders

vlgraphics opened this issue on Jan 25, 2019 ยท 6 posts

vlgraphics posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 10:19 AM

Just got a new PC, one with both an SSD and HDD. Installed P11, and when I start Poser, I get three messages regarding missing files. One is for "inLite", the second is for "construct.obz" and the third is for "Andy". There is no Primitives folder in the Geometries folder and there is no Additional Figures folder under Characters. The only thing I did different was to put the main Poser program on the SDD and the rest of the runtime folders/files on the HDD. Any ideas as to why these necessary files are missing? Do I need to uninstall Poser and reinstall it? If so, should all files go on the SDD?

The PC specs are: 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, Intel i7-8750H, Windows 10 Home

Boni posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 12:14 PM

I have no idea what your Poser level is ... so bear with me. As far as the core runtime for Poser I keep it together and have never put items on another drive from a single runtime. I think this might be the problem. IF you want to keep these separate you need to build another runtime for those items on the HDD and "add" that runtime (give it a unique name) in your libraries and you will find your remaining items there. Poser, as far as I know, cannot recognize items scattered for a single runtime.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

vlgraphics posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 1:30 PM

Thank you, Boni. However, Poser just never installed the Additional Figures folder or files, and apparently the construct.obz or infLite either, even though I ran all the installers for Poser 11. I guess that I'll just have to run the installer(s) again and hope that this time around it gets everything. I do want to mention that Poser reads the runtime from the HDD that I told it to add upon installation, so that what makes me a bit confused as to why the missing stuff never got installed.

Boni posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 5:52 PM

Those 2 files are a quandry. I suggest opening a ticket at SM on this ... if a re-install doesn't work. IF you don't get a response in a reasonable period, site-mail me and I'll see what I can find.

Boni

vlgraphics posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 6:00 PM

The re-install worked. Thank you again, Boni!

Boni posted Mon, 28 January 2019 at 7:03 AM

That is great!! Glad the re-install worked out for you!!

Boni