Forum: Bryce

Subject: WIP/Just flew in for dinner

picnic opened this issue on Sep 02, 1999 ยท 6 posts

picnic posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:08 PM

This is totally a WIP, but just to keep the forum moving along. I built everything with boolean modeling in Bryce except for the chairs, the napkins and the roses in the glass vase (which I did make). I created the palm from ferns I found on the net. (I'm especially proud of the silverware since I'm sort of a neophyte at Bryce and Poser). The peacock is Anton's superb model. I had a bit of a time with the tail-using the trans map-tried to do it in material lab, but finally decided the only way was to create an alpha channel (in PSP)-its easy in Poser, BTW. That worked great, as you can see. The eagle is Zygote's new eagle model-wonderfully poseable. I have the same chair in Poser as a prop so I could pose the eagle on it to get the talons grabbing the chair correctly and then place the eagle on the chair in Bryce (I didn't import the chair from Poser). I have decided to delete or move the window with the exterior scene because its too busy behind the tail, have more figures to add (one 'may' be humanoid), 'food' on the plates, work more on the lighting and the camera placement. Just more work all around. However, wanted to contribute something to the forum. I have several WIP's going on, but evening time doesn't go far when you are working with Bryce and Poser, as you all know LOL. Diane