Forum: Community Center

Subject: Any way to block certain vendors from appearing on my marketplace view?

glossedsfm opened this issue on Apr 08, 2019 · 33 posts

glossedsfm posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 6:07 AM

Hi,

I've look for filters and even on vendors profiles but all i see is a follow option. Is there any way for me to set it so that when i click on marketplace and new products/best selling/on sale that certain vendors do not show up?

-renapd- posted Mon, 08 April 2019 at 7:08 AM Site Admin

I"m afraid what you are asking of is not possible.

However, if you follow the vendors of your liking you will be getting notification emails each time a new product of theirs is being released.

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

glossedsfm posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 1:10 PM

-renapd- posted at 12:55PM Tue, 09 April 2019 - #4349707

I"m afraid what you are asking of is not possible.

However, if you follow the vendors of your liking you will be getting notification emails each time a new product of theirs is being released.

OK thank you for the info...i guess no plans on adding in a block feature in the future?

I just noticed something today too when i clicked on marketplace>new products and marketplace>best selling. At the top of the list i'm seeing duplicate listings and unfortunately for me its for one of the vendors i want to block. I'm just not a fan of people who use the same exact character in all of their product advertisements. I prefer it when vendors use a wider range of characters and hair products because it generates interest in those other things too. I've seen it a few times on the rendo forums and a bunch of times on the daz forums where a person will release a new clothing item and people will ask "what character is that" or "what hair is that". When a vendor uses the same character of theirs in all their pose or expression pack it just seems like a lot of self promotion. Like are they advertising their pose/expression pack? or the character itself. Also it doesn't really get me interested in their expression product if their character has unique facial features not common to other daz models or if i dont have or dont plan on owning their character at all. Which means the expression pack might look completely different on a different characters. Thats one of the reasons why i dont buy expression packs from people who use weird looking characters but instead prefer expression packs from people like Zeddicus who i believe uses the standard V7 or V8 or at least a regular looking character.

anyways sorry for the long rant

glossedsfm posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 3:02 PM

This is basically what led me to asking for this feature. I clicked on marketplace>best selling and this is what i see. Before i would see two different entries from that vendor each entry being for different products. But now i'm seeing up to 4 entries per marketplace page from the same vendor and with duplicate entries the same product being listed twice or in the case of the pic i posted the same product 3 times.

list.jpg

Raindroptheelf posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 8:50 PM

People do have different tastes and, I for one like it when a vendor has a custom character that he/ she uses for product promotion. You can tell easily see what they are selling. I never had to guess what a vendor is selling. I think the promos speak for themselves. But this is only my humble opinion.

-renapd- posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 1:16 AM Site Admin

The top items in the blue frame as vendor ads - you may NOT block those! The vendor has paid for them.. if it shows duplicate sometimes it's because the views are random and perhaps there were not many ads in the specific day to fill up all spots! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

glossedsfm posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 2:02 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 1:47AM Wed, 10 April 2019 - #4349821

People do have different tastes and, I for one like it when a vendor has a custom character that he/ she uses for product promotion. You can tell easily see what they are selling. I never had to guess what a vendor is selling. I think the promos speak for themselves. But this is only my humble opinion.

How's the saying go? "too much of a good thing can be bad"? the first time i saw the character i was like she looks kinda cute. But seeing it more and more and more and now with my sponsored ads and product page having the same 3 product with that character model i'm just like ok i think i just hit my limit. I used to be the same way with pretty3d and how they always used the same character with the angry look in her eyes. I was getting to the point where i just didnt want to see another angry pretty3d product ad. But then i saw different variations of that character, the ones in the links below. I still wont use angry pretty3d character in one of my scene cause she scares me hehe. But approachable pretty3d and wants-to-rip-my-pants-off pretty3d i dont mind so much, i've even been thinking of messaging pretty3d to see if those two character will ever be available for sale.

Maybe if Hameleon did something like that with their character to change it up every so often. Make the cheeks skinnier, give her different hair, change her eye color to something other than the overused "when everybody is special nobody is special" eye color that everybody likes to use.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/basic-instinct-for-genesis-3-females/113038/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/night-fever-for-genesis-3-female-s-/112771/

Torquinox posted Wed, 10 April 2019 at 7:33 AM

It's not what you say; it's how you say it. You could try sending the vendor a private message. Maybe they'll change it up for next time.

PanzerEmerald posted Sat, 20 April 2019 at 3:17 PM

Ad Block or the Brave browser helps. I block every LaFemme ad possible, but it’s like whack a mole lmao

Fauvist posted Sat, 20 April 2019 at 6:18 PM

I can't stand to see certain vendors products, and it is especially awful when one of those vendors is producing a ton of products that you have to wade through. I too would REALLY REALLY appreciate some way to block seeing anything from the vendors I don't like. You know, it's like seeing the same TV commercial for the same manufacturer, over and over and over again.

Torquinox posted Sat, 20 April 2019 at 8:26 PM

The vendors paid for the ads, and what @PanzerEmerald said.

Fauvist posted Sat, 20 April 2019 at 9:32 PM

Torquinox posted at 10:31PM Sat, 20 April 2019 - #4350383

The vendors paid for the ads, and what @PanzerEmerald said.

You mean to say that every product by every vendor that shows up in any and all search results is a paid ad? The banner ads, and the right side of the screen ads are not what I'm talking about.

Torquinox posted Sat, 20 April 2019 at 9:56 PM

As @Renapd says above, blue frames are paid by vendors. Search results are search results. The vendors are not the problem here.

TarAntanamir posted Sun, 21 April 2019 at 2:02 AM

Yeah, i can relate to this. Lately more and more i avoid coming here and Daz. I hate wading through all those fetish style "clothing". I don't mind skimpy wear, nor slutty things. But to have almost every character, female ofcourse, dress in the same way, with the same look and the same plastic character, is getting tiring. So a block option would be very usefull.

Torquinox posted Sun, 21 April 2019 at 1:42 PM

I doubt a block feature will happen.

SilentWinter posted Sun, 21 April 2019 at 6:55 PM

As a vendor here, I'm a little torn on this.

On the one hand, if someone's decided they'll never buy my stuff for one reason or another, I'd rather not waste my ad 'impressions' on them - prefer it to go to someone else who just might click it.

On the other hand, you never know when I might release something different that makes that customer go 'oh, I might need this one... click ' 😁

Sounds like it's not doable with the site software anyway (I don't know of any other stores that let you block specific vendors either)

Silent Winter's Facebook Page:

TarAntanamir posted Mon, 22 April 2019 at 4:13 AM

SilentWinter posted at 4:05AM Mon, 22 April 2019 - #4350440

On the one hand, if someone's decided they'll never buy my stuff for one reason or another, I'd rather not waste my ad 'impressions' on them - prefer it to go to someone else who just might click it.

On the other hand, you never know when I might release something different that makes that customer go 'oh, I might need this one... click ' 😁

Sounds like it's not doable with the site software anyway (I don't know of any other stores that let you block specific vendors either)

Well, just looked at your store and although there aren't any products i want to buy, it's not so obnoxious as some of the vendors. If you're let's say looking for a normal dress, or something, you have to muddle through items, some vendors see as a dress and label it as such. Same goes for almost every single piece of clothing. Armor, well, 3 triangles and shoelaces, impossible heels, does not qualify as armor, but is sold here as such. And all the freaking models look the same damn way. No variety, same big eyes, same pouty lips, same plastic look. More and more the fetish look is taking over. There might not be a way to block some vendors, but a possible solution might be to have those "clothing" in there own seperate segment.

SilentWinter posted Mon, 22 April 2019 at 4:23 AM

More specific categories / sub-categories might be doable. 'Skimpy armor' and 'historical armor' for example (but 'fantasy armor' could be open to interpretation).

I struggled to find a category for my last product.

Silent Winter's Facebook Page:

CHK2033 posted Mon, 22 April 2019 at 11:04 AM

Fantasy armor' would be anything other than historical armor. (working armor which barely protects chest and crotch area is a fantasy) So you're right, Fantasy could be a sub for anything other than historical. A few other items as well need subs.

This should be closed anyway. The OP got his answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

glossedsfm posted Mon, 22 April 2019 at 12:09 PM

SilentWinter posted at 11:55AM Mon, 22 April 2019 - #4350440

I dont have a problem with vendors who have a little variety in their stores, and i like it when a storefront has a variety in what vendor products they advertise. But you saw my other post about getting 3-4 ads from the same vendor right? i even included a screenshot which showed 3 ads of the exact same product on my one page. I'm not going to tell vendors how to run their own store. But when a particular vendor has an obsession with one character or a particular look or feature then it starts to become noticeable on the storefront. Like if Outoftouch were to have 5 ads showing up on the same storefront page you probably would not notice because they use a different character in each one and i like that. But when someone like this https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vendor/hameleon gets 5 of their ads up on one page, you're gonna notice. And its because of that character that they keep reusing. And for me that goes for any vendor, not just the one i linked, that reuses the same character or the same facial features or the same body shape in all the different characters they make.

Torquinox posted Mon, 22 April 2019 at 1:35 PM

@glossedsfm: Your photo shows that Rendo's code allows the exact same ad item to be repeated on the page. Then, as it turns out, that item is also a result on the page. That's a problem but that's not the vendor's fault!

glossedsfm posted Tue, 23 April 2019 at 2:08 AM

Torquinox posted at 2:00AM Tue, 23 April 2019 - #4350497

@glossedsfm: Your photo shows that Rendo's code allows the exact same ad item to be repeated on the page. Then, as it turns out, that item is also a result on the page. That's a problem but that's not the vendor's fault!

I didn't say it was the vendors fault...

I just happen to be talking about them because their ads are the one that is filling up my page right now AND because their character is almost front and center in all their products whether that product is for a set of poses, a clothing item or a carton of orange juice. So even if it ends up being different ads its still her face thats still there.

Torquinox posted Tue, 23 April 2019 at 7:30 AM

I feel your pain. No one is going to like every product from every vendor, or even the work of every vendor. This is how I see what I want to see: In browser, I have links in a folder to my wishlist (price low to high), the Deals page, and the forum. I check prices on wishlist items, check out deals that interest me, look in forum, and make forum posts. I periodically open Recent Free Stuff, look at Prime flash sales, and buy stuff. Next, I must start loading my gallery.

glossedsfm posted Tue, 23 April 2019 at 12:58 PM

Torquinox posted at 12:45PM Tue, 23 April 2019 - #4350533

I feel your pain. No one is going to like every product from every vendor, or even the work of every vendor. This is how I see what I want to see: In browser, I have links in a folder to my wishlist (price low to high), the Deals page, and the forum. I check prices on wishlist items, check out deals that interest me, look in forum, and make forum posts. I periodically open Recent Free Stuff, look at Prime flash sales, and buy stuff. Next, I must start loading my gallery.

I might just start setting vendors as my favorites both the ones i really do like and even ones that i only kinda like but who i feel might eventually release something i might want. Then i'll just periodically check their storefront instead of checking the general marketplace. There's actually a lot of vendors that i do like and only like 4 maybe 5 that i dont like. The ones that i dislike, i dont just dislike their style but also because their frequent reuse of certain things makes me feel like the marketplace isnt getting any new products. It's like "oh wait is that a new product? or one that i already seen before? or a rehash of an old product?" because their stuff looks so similar you know.

I think i might have mentioned it but i'll just reiterate, i like it when vendors use different characters to promote their products. How many threads have you guys seen on here or on daz forums where someone will put up a product that is like a pair of shoes... but then people will start threads asking "whats that character they used?" or "what hair does that character have?". I've bought a lot of products that same exact way where i go to look at one product but i come away buying two or three. The one I originally came to look at and the character and a hairstyle.

Torquinox posted Tue, 23 April 2019 at 8:39 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Ok :)

TwiztidKidd posted Fri, 26 April 2019 at 9:39 PM

Once... years ago, I asked ebay support how can I filter my search results so the sellers with 100% positive feedback show first. It was the shortest chat ever with their support team. There are some requests a marketing website just cannot fulfill. It wouldn't be fair to start blacklisting any of the vendors that struggle to bring their latest releases to the marketplace and on the other hand they'd have to pay a software support person to test and make changes in their website's programming language.

glossedsfm posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 10:43 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 10:29AM Sun, 28 April 2019 - #4350789

Once... years ago, I asked ebay support how can I filter my search results so the sellers with 100% positive feedback show first. It was the shortest chat ever with their support team. There are some requests a marketing website just cannot fulfill. It wouldn't be fair to start blacklisting any of the vendors that struggle to bring their latest releases to the marketplace and on the other hand they'd have to pay a software support person to test and make changes in their website's programming language.

Do you also think that its not fair to vendors for me to simply not buy their stuff? Cause i wont buy anything from anyone who i feel is just rereleasing the same stuff but with slight variations in it. I'm no vendor, but i imagine that if you want people to keep buying your stuff then you need to keep coming up with new stuff. You know how PC games with a yearly release like FIFA have become a joke? i was watching a YT video and someone made a crack about it saying "here's the new FIFA 17 game, its just like FIFA 16 but this year we put a 17 on it". That's kinda the same feeling i get when i look through some vendors pages. Its usually specific to the ones who create characters. They'll start with the same base face all the time and alter other parts of the face. But its usually pretty easy to tell who made a character because they'll always have the same distinguishing features that are a part of a base face. I can list out like 5 people who create characters who do this. Their characters will have tall foreheads, or the same angular noses/makeup look, or the same slightly oversized eyes or the same puffy cheeks. There's even one that i've seen who doesnt even have a specific feature but the whole face just looks similar between all their character creations, probably because of the same face/eye poses they use. If a vendors choice in how they present their products or their storefront leads people to not buy their stuff, or in my case to want to blacklist them then thats on them not me. If they want to avoid that situation then they need to innovate.

glossedsfm posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 10:46 AM

And i dont really buy the "well they have to pay someone to test and support it" line. AFAIK website admins who run the site have the power to do that kind of stuff with the tools that they are given. But if it is true then i'd be bit worried because that means any change to the sites layout or functionality means that they have to "pay someone to test and support it". I'm just asking for this feature because i want to avoid situations like these:

Wolfie's isn't a big deal because to me because i rarely see them doing repeat ads. It looks like they just released a product for different versions. But once it becomes a weekly occurence where its a new product but for V4, G3, G8, G5, G14classified then i might start to get a bit annoyed.

RS1.jpg

RS2.jpg

TwiztidKidd posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 11:24 AM

You're pretty much asking to remove the ads that they've put in place... it's like asking a Home Depot or a Walmart... to take off their lit up sign off of their building 'cause you're disoriented by the light emitted by their sign and you cannot find the main entrance. As to what vendors sell I have no comment, you should not either... they are allowed to sell whatever they feel like they want to sell. Start following the vendors from the store you do like, they give u that option so use it.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread... best of luck with ur issues

glossedsfm posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 4:46 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 4:26PM Sun, 28 April 2019 - #4350881

You're pretty much asking to remove the ads that they've put in place... it's like asking a Home Depot or a Walmart... to take off their lit up sign off of their building 'cause you're disoriented by the light emitted by their sign and you cannot find the main entrance. As to what vendors sell I have no comment, you should not either... they are allowed to sell whatever they feel like they want to sell. Start following the vendors from the store you do like, they give u that option so use it.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread... best of luck with ur issues

Not only do i think your examples are wrong, i think that your whole argument is making me out to be the bad guy.

When you cover up that sign at Home Depot or Walmart who does that affect? everybody. It affects anybody who walks past that store and has to see the lack of a lit sign. If the ads are removed from this site who does that affect? again...everybody. But that's not I asked for...I asked for the a block function so that users can block certain vendors if we wanted to. Who would that affect? only the person using it. So Home Depot and Walmart get to keep their signs and everybody gets to look at them while I walk past them as one of the store employees holds their hands over my eyes.

And as for what vendors can sell? i'm not commenting on that either. I'm just pointing out what happens if vendors refuse to innovate or adapt and instead try to keep rehashing old stuff. In some cases it might be ok like a restaurant maintaining the same theme or having the same food throughout the years. But in other places its a good idea to keep updating the products you sell. Look at the clothes you wear, how you style your hair or stuff like that. If it wasnt for people innovating and trying out new things we'd probably still be shopping for loincloths at Cavemanmart and using dirt for makeup while looking at advertisements written in chalk on the cave walls.

TwiztidKidd posted Sun, 28 April 2019 at 9:48 PM

You're funny... I like you! I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad. I really am, that was never my intention... hope you'll figure out what's the best way for you to browse RMP and have a wonderful shopping experience.

Torquinox posted Mon, 29 April 2019 at 8:56 PM

Wow! TwiztidKidd, that's hands down the nicest counter-post I've ever read!

hemi426 posted Sun, 05 May 2019 at 3:36 AM

Just stumbled over this thread, had the same question. Hameleon Ads are the equivalent to Carglass and Seitenbacher (the most annoying german Radio Ads to me).