Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 48 posts

jennblake posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:03 AM

Renderosity is pleased to announce Tuesday, June 18 the acquisition of Poser, 3D Character Art and Animation Software. Renderosity began as a place for Poser users to build a community around their shared interest in digital art. Now Renderosity has become the place for Poser.

Smith Micro Press Release

Renderosity Announcment

gypsyangel posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:20 AM

Holy moly!! Did not see that coming. Congrats!! Now it won't die an ignoble death... 😀

PenelopeFlynn posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 9:54 AM

Absolutely!! Congratulations!!

Miss B posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 12:46 PM

Now if we can just get the old dev team back!!

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

3Drendero posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 2:36 PM

What happened with the dev team in the Poser sale?

PanzerEmerald posted Thu, 20 June 2019 at 7:41 PM

Find a way to integrate Genesis 3/8 content into Poser, and then maybe I'll finally use it.

mmitchell_houston posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 2:29 AM

I wish you well! This is excellent news and I'm looking forward to seeing great new things from Poser. BUT, if you really want to succeed, you guys really need to accomplish the following:

1. Full support for Genesis figures and poses (support for all .DUF files would be great).
  2. Full Iray support.
  3. A fully integrated, one-click installation solution for all Renderosity content (like Daz's Download Manager).
  4. An inexpensive, entry-level version of Poser.

Here's hoping for the best. I, for one, am EXCITED!

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

samsiahaija posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 4:39 AM

Sort of hard to get an answer for this question, as I already asked about this in other threads, without getting any sort of reply...

Renderosity seems to have discontinued regular Poser 11; Poser 11 Pro is currently the only version on sale. Is regular Poser 11 (the version I own) still supported, as in service updates? From what I read, you can't even upgrade to Poser 11 Pro from regular Poser 11. (Not an issue for me as I have Poser 7 as well, but I do think it is a bit odd....)

DarksealStudios posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 3:25 PM

Will you update the current version of Poser to add superfly support to RTX graphics cards? Currently it does not render, blackscreen.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

pgtyner posted Sat, 22 June 2019 at 7:59 PM

Jennblake that is highly unexpected and great news! As a former Turbografx-16 owner and Amiga 1200 owner, I have been in situations where things I love faced some uncertainty. Now since you guys have some great experience, I am looking forward to the updates that Renderosity will be making to keep Poser in the game. I started using Poser 4 back in late 2000, and have updated several times through to version 9. I wanted to upgrade when La Femme came out but the sale went off before I could update, I injured my back in October 2018 and have been out of work since then. I am currently going through tutorials that I have picked up over the years to learn to produce content, so this announcement is exciting!

I think La Femme is a good start, I think that working to develop the market with characters that would compete with Daz's recent iterations is important. I think developers tools and resources vitally important as well as updates to the clothing room fitting to make it closer to Daz Studio's abilities. I also think your leadership to cultivate content from your vendors to build forward and make Poser the flagship that it was in the past.

ruscular3d posted Thu, 27 June 2019 at 12:00 PM

I just upgraded to Moho 13 and saw that the poser plugin was drop because of license issue. Will there be a poser fusion for Moho in the future?

ATILLART posted Sat, 29 June 2019 at 10:50 AM

I run Poser 11 on a Mac under Mojave and I am starting to get warnings that the application will not run on future versions of the OS, I presume they mean Catalina due in the autumn of 2019 and the dropping of all 32 bit support. Having checked Poser 11 is 64 bit but the Poser Library app shows as 32 bit are updates likely to be in the pipeline now Renderosity are taking over?

DarthJ posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 2:42 PM

Where do I find Poser updates ? I have to reinstall Poser Pro 2014 and the best I can find on either Content Paradise or my own computer results in a Poser without Superfly rendering.

Miss B posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 3:00 PM

I believe that's because SuperFly was introduced with P11/PP11. It wasn't available with P10/PP2014.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Joe@HFG posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 10:22 PM

So now that some of the dust has settled, there are a few major question I have about Poser 11 pro. Did Renderosity get the source code for Poser 11 pro with this deal? If they did, are there any plans to port Poser to Linux?

Poser is THE only piece of commercial content creation software I still use. I would happily buy it again at full price for Native Linux support.

If you DID get the source, but have no plans to update it for profit, would you consider a bounty to Open Source it?

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Netsurai posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 5:52 AM

THANK YOU! Today i start again with "La Femme", I bought PP11 years ago and also use it together with a MS Kinect 2.0. PP11.1 is a fantastic software, but needs a bit more developer love again. 😅 :

What can bring Poser to the next Level? A cloth simulator(shrink wrap, is allready there in the fitting room) but what about some universal cloth patterns like in MD? ^^ Or what about a Real Time Render like EEVVEE? Whatever it is, maybe a Poser 12 update is comming... soon(TM) ;) Poser11 needs also a Free Version like DAZ3D, to go viral, to have more user (means more customer in the long run). But that's not my business, it's just suggestions you probably already know. I just wish that the Poser software and updates would continue this time.

patlane posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 3:30 AM

Hello. Does anyone have any idea about the new update for poser 11 pro posted on facebook recently. Saying all PP11 users will be informed of a re-install required? Here is the link. Poser Transition Update

Thanks, Pat :)

movida posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:45 AM

Uh...why do we need to redownload and reinstall an updated version? What if we're happy with what we have now. Does this have anything to do with my Markdc software suddenly telling me my license is expired? (After 15 years).

Nails60 posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 9:55 AM

As I read it, this is due to the plan to change the product activation system and its "phone home" about which many people have said they are unhappy. I assume that this is "hard wired" into the poser exe to make it difficult to hack, so if they change this it will probably require a new Poser exe, But this is just my guess, and what happens to poser installations if they are not updated, well that's anyone's guess.

movida posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 10:50 AM

Thanks Nails, I'm just overly suspicious of big brother watching and accessing machines with so much as a please or thank you

movida posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:18 AM

For the record Markdc is a seriously fast responder and problem solved. Thank you Mark.

thomasrgriffith posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 3:45 PM

Really looking forward to an Update for poser pro mac. Hope there will be some improvement with importing models and rigging from apps like Blender. I love using poser for animating scenes now if it was more streamlined to bring my own rigged peoples and stuffs in, life would be so great.

McGrandpa posted Wed, 31 July 2019 at 2:38 PM

Hi folks! I am really looking forward to "official" answers to these questions posed here. There are some good ones.
One I am also very interested in seeing is PP 11 going "native" with DAZ only content!

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

Faery_Light posted Fri, 02 August 2019 at 6:24 PM

I hope I get the reminder for the update, sometimes they slip past...lol.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

dhawk0948 posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 1:36 PM

Hope I'm in the right forum. I bought the Poser 11 update, but when I try to install it, I receive an error message that it can't verify my software serial number.

DocPhoton posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:23 PM

I got the notice today & running the Download manager now. There is an installer for 11.1.1.35540 as well as an Updater. Download speed is pathetic so have some time yet.

But, should I run the Installer or the Updater? Currently have 11.1.1.35510 installed.

an0malaus posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:58 PM

@DocPhoton The update must be downloaded from here. The Download manager is Smith Micro only and since both it and their licence servers will cease to function shortly, if you don't update an existing Poser 11 (or Pro) installation to 11.2 (without a Permanent Licence locked to one computer), it will cease to operate when those SM servers go down. Once you've upgraded to Poser 11.2, it will contact the Bondware licence servers instead. Your existing serial numbers should be valid, as they've all been transferred from SM.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

DocPhoton posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 8:55 AM

No, I did that. I downloaded both installer & updater & just ran the updater & Poser reports it's 11.1.1.35540. I wanted to get that step out of the way in case the 11.2 gets delayed as I'll be out of town for a few months.

fonpaolo posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 1:17 PM

Hi, long time no see...

Just received a mail, telling me to upgrade my Poser 11 Pro, but I've a few questions:

First of all, after a very bad and disappointing experience with Poser Pro 11, I uninstalled it, so, now if download and install it, where I can find my SN, or do you've it already in my account?

Second, the reason why I uninstalled it: no library at all!

There may be a solution with the newer version?

Thanks.

DocPhoton posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:54 AM

I managed to get the Bondware version of Poser to install, but let's just say I'm extremely Underwhelmed at how this conversion process was addressed to be honest.

I get the initial message and get the new Download manager. After the install, there's only on Serial # in the list now. No readme, no add'l instructions. There's both an updater and what appears to be a full intaller. I went with just the updater & that seemed to work as the new version of Poser launches.

I get a 2nd message the day before the offical launch:

How to download the update

The 11.2 update must be downloaded from PoserSoftware.com/downloads.

Except the link doesn't work. I finally find the downloads area & proceed.

And don't forget to download your new assets by clicking on "Download Additional Content Files (License required)" This will also require entering your serial number.

OK. So why are these assets NOT downloadable through the new Download Manager?

Instead you have to D/L a number of Zips, which in themselves have zips. So now do you have to manually install all of this new content? No notes. No Read-mes.

You just know Tech support is going to be up to their armpits with questions.

tvining posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 8:53 PM

Is there a way to download PoserFusion for Cinema 4D for Windows?

licool posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 2:27 PM

I have worked at a major software company and one of our guiding principles was do no harm with any update. Have never heard of a company shutting down valid licenses and forcing users to install a new version to accommodate their new licensing servers. I got work to do and now I got install 11.2 and now work at getting everything running once again for minimal benefit.

My time is worth something.

structure posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 3:55 PM Forum Coordinator

This was a bridge release - FORCED on you by the loss of SMITH MICRO licence servers. Legal valid licences are not being shut down, you should really make sure of your facts before posting false information. ALL valid licences are receiving the update / bridge release, to the more powerful poser PRO for FREE.

Poser 11 standard, Poser pro 11.1 and poser PRO gamedev 2014 are all upgraded for free with a legal, valid serial number.

Locked Out

licool posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:37 PM

Without an upgrade to 11.2 they cease functioning so I stand by my original statement. To your point, the existing license was accepted by 11.2 but my argument is that forcing such an update within such a short period of time is an unreasonable demand upon licensed owners. As to your legal issues with Smith Micro how is that my concern?

What stated facts did I get wrong? Keep in mind I have been using Poser Pro since the 2012 version so I have some loyalty to the product, so much so I'll provide you another handy tip I learned at a much larger software company: you always first apologize to the customer even if you think they are wrong!

structure posted Sun, 06 October 2019 at 7:58 AM Forum Coordinator

The stated facts you got wrong, is that your content no longer works in 11.2pro - it does. And you are free to not upgrade, that is your choice, nobody is forcing you, if you want to continue using poser, you will upgrade. Also You stated that bondware shut down valid licences, also wrong. The licences that smith micro issued are now at renderosity in a searchable database..

Locked Out

licool posted Sun, 06 October 2019 at 8:44 AM

It's silly to continue to argue with you, clearly you are not comprehending what I wrote. Hence, you win, I'll just move my more of my rendering work to Daz Studio going forward.

Have a good day!

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:12 PM

Will you tell me why something i paid for in 2017 now requires some crap from you to work? How dare you mess with my product canceling the validity of my serial number. Who the hell do you think you are?

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:18 PM

Will you tell me why something i paid for in 2017 now requires some crap from you to work? How dare you mess with my product canceling the validity of my serial number. Who the hell do you think you are?

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:21 PM

I tell you if i have any effin issues with your worthless little update or if it messes with my current poser 11 stuff you can refund me all my purchases since may 2017.

What are you going to do for costing me hours of my lesiure time trying to sort your rubbish out?

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:31 PM

Right ive downloaded the crap, now i bet this crap messes up my stuff or wont load or something..

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:38 PM

Yep doing absolutely nothing right now doen't even look like it can get past setup

daron316 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:57 PM

Well are you just gonna sit there jenn or are you gonna get your crappy thing to work. My poser is not frelling working after your frelling update. Sort it the hell out

patlane posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 6:28 PM

On an upbeat note, Poser 11.3 is due out in December with a new male figure to follow. Poser 11.3 Pat.

Bichworth posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 6:38 AM

I am (or was, until recently) running Poser 9 on a Mac. It stopped working, giving me the "Poser Content Library cannot be displayed because it requires the Adobe Flash Player" message. This correlated in time with SM's transfer of Poser to Bondware. While I get mixed messages from different sources, based on the number of people with identical issues it seems like the one was somehow related to the other. While I sympathize with daron316's comment, I want to get this fiasco behind me and have a functional version - ANY functional version - of Poser. In that regard, it also looks like if I pay the $99 upgrade fee, all I will get from the sole available link (https://www.posersoftware.com/store) is a non-functional SM version of Poser 11.0, and will have to upgrade from that point (for free, I think) to the Bondware Poser 11.2 from another link (https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads), which should work on my Mac. Am I correct?

Kerya posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 7:10 AM

Bichworth posted at 7:02AM Sat, 28 December 2019 - #4374769

I am (or was, until recently) running Poser 9 on a Mac. It stopped working, giving me the "Poser Content Library cannot be displayed because it requires the Adobe Flash Player" message. This correlated in time with SM's transfer of Poser to Bondware. While I get mixed messages from different sources, based on the number of people with identical issues it seems like the one was somehow related to the other. While I sympathize with daron316's comment, I want to get this fiasco behind me and have a functional version - ANY functional version - of Poser. In that regard, it also looks like if I pay the $99 upgrade fee, all I will get from the sole available link (https://www.posersoftware.com/store) is a non-functional SM version of Poser 11.0, and will have to upgrade from that point (for free, I think) to the Bondware Poser 11.2 from another link (https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads), which should work on my Mac. Am I correct?

Sorry: if you really want to buy PP11 (you do know that it needs an internet connection, because it phones home every 9 days or so or it stops working?), go here:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/poser-pro-11-upgrade-from-poser-10-9-8-7-6-or-poser-debut/112661/

If you want to go on working on the Flash Player problem, it seems it has to do with Catalina ... did you try to download the newest version of Flash Player?

Bichworth posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 7:32 AM

Re the Flash issue, yes, I tried that. Nothing changes - the new version is not recognized by Pose. I am running El Capitan (10.11.6) at this point (after changing from some earlier version so that I could install the latest version of Flash for Poser). Catalina is 10.15 and I have never had it installed. I am resigned to buying a later version of Poser at this point.

Please explain the comment about it phoning home every 9 days or it stops working. As far as I know, this was not the case with any prior version of Poser (i.e. 5 and 9). Why would SM or Bondware incorporate such a feature?

Lastly, if I do the upgrade, doesn't that just get me to Smith Simth Microsystems Poser 11.0, which will not work unless I do the upgrade to Bondware's Poser 11.2?

Kerya posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 7:54 AM

SmithMicro incorporated it as a security measure against thieves beginning with PoserPro 2014 GameDev ... and Bondware decided to keep that feature and make it phone home more often. There are a lot of threads about this here in the forum. I prefer not to voice my opinion.

Upgrade: I just tried it with my (luckily non GameDev) PoserPro 2014 license key, got to a validation page and back to My Cart here at Rero. Even proceeding to checkout I am staying here at Rero ... so I would probably simply get Bondware's PoserPro 11.2 (or 3 nowadays).

Richard60 posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 3:13 PM

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Here is the link to download 11.2. You can try it for 21 days after which you need to buy a valid license. Since you have Poser 9 then you can get it for the upgrade price $99 or there about. As far as Flash at the college I work at we just got rid of the last 2 Mac labs due to issues with them running (or not running) software and they are no where close to being the current version. A lot of the programs they won't run are from Adobe, so it could be a wide attempt to improve security by preventing older software from working?

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13