Wed, Sep 18, 10:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2020 at 6:47 PM
Online Now!

EClark1894 posted at 8:46PM Tue, 04 February 2020 - #4379083

Also, I knew Graphic Design as an industry didn't originate on the Computer. Mac or otherwise. I was talking more about the software. I remember using Photoshop, QuarkXPress, and Pagemaker on the Mac, just to name a few.

I was a wee bab - just know the history from college ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember using Photoshop 4 on my uncle's PC as a child to draw pictures.

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2020 at 8:23 PM ยท edited Tue, 04 February 2020 at 8:26 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 9:22PM Tue, 04 February 2020 - #4379085

EClark1894 posted at 8:46PM Tue, 04 February 2020 - #4379083

Also, I knew Graphic Design as an industry didn't originate on the Computer. Mac or otherwise. I was talking more about the software. I remember using Photoshop, QuarkXPress, and Pagemaker on the Mac, just to name a few.

I was a wee bab - just know the history from college ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember using Photoshop 4 on my uncle's PC as a child to draw pictures.

I used a pencil and paper. Macs had all the graphics stuff then. Microsoft was still using MS-DOS across the hall. I didn't touch a PC until Windows 3.1 ๐Ÿ˜

Retrowave ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 5:20 AM ยท edited Wed, 05 February 2020 at 5:25 AM

EClark1894 posted at 5:04AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4379083

I don't think so. Before I saw and used my first Mac I hated computers. I had to take a programming course in college.. Can't remember whether it was Fortran or Cobol. Never did learn any of it.

To be fair, I quite liked the idea of getting a Mac all those years back, but at the time, we were pretty much all Commodore 64 users, and when a friend of mine moved up to a Commodore Amiga 500, I was seriously (and I do mean SERIOUSLY) love-struck and basically nagged my parents on a non-stop basis, wouldn't take no for an answer despite how expensive it was. In the end, I actually started selling stuff to try and fund it, and since I actually had business ideas around owning one even that young, my uncle helped out as well, and I finally got one!!!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2020 at 3:12 PM

Moving from OSX to windows 10 is easy.

I picked up an HP Z210 workstation from Goodwill for $47. It was good to practice with and will be a nice home theater PC at the end of the month.

Cmd is Ctrl

An AMD system can be inexpensive and powerful.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.