Thu, Sep 19, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 11.2 Update Questions

mr_phoenyxx ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 8:31 AM

erogenesis posted at 7:26AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362683

mr_phoenyxx posted at 5:53PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362668

For the record I really do support Bondware/Rendo's upgrade, and if you can, definitely upgrade , but yes some of us might not be ready to upgrade just yet. An upgrade can change up a lot of things unexpectedly and is not recommended smack in the middle of a very intense project.

So for now I recommend you make your licenses permanent at SM while they're still up: https://pgportal.smithmicro.com/authentication/signin

Just fill in your license info and if you see this: Poser Pro License type: permanent License state: enabled then you're in business.

Then block Poser from accessing the internet using Advanced Firewall just to be sure. That way you can keep using Poser the way you wish until you're ready to upgrade to 11.2. Obviously, unblock Poser when you do this.

PS: if you by chance have to move your installation to another PC in the next month (you never know), if the SM server is still active you can unblock Poser, deactivate the license in Poser, and then install and activate on the other PC. Then go back to the pgportal and make permanent again. But that will only work if SM is still active.

I expect this should work... hopefully. This is the road I am taking for now, until I'm done with my comic end of this month / beginning of October.

If the other option was for Poser to completely disappear forever, then I am happy that someone purchased it instead of letting it die. I am just very gun shy at this point because of the many, many problems that have occurred with Poser over the last 5 to 10 years or more. I truly hope that Bondware and Poser are successful, but I won't believe it until I see it.

And I don't feel this is a good start. Maybe I just missed it. Maybe this has all been talked about for months. But to me, this all seems like it's coming totally out of the blue at the last minute. That doesn't bode well. I feel like another option besides forcing everyone to upgrade should have been possible. Giving us options and choices would have been the customer friendly thing to do.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 8:55 AM

I would disagree a bit and let me state my reasons below for asking you to take this in its proper context.

An entire software changed hands. I'd say so far Bondware was about a hundred times more communicative in the past two months (remember, the purchase was in JUNE, it's now September) and they managed not only to pull of a free upgrade but an agreement with Hivewire to include content from them, and updated La Femme build separately and a safe for educators version and a ton of new content.

The entire process has been communicated here and in emails and newsletter. I kept with it because it is my hobby and I use the software daily. I checked here and was critical a few times of the lack of communication when the purchase news came out. Things got much better since then. Again, remember the purchase was on June 18, 2019.

The upgrade HAD to happen because due to the purchase the previous owner is shutting off the servers the authentication was run so they had to get everything over. It is a perfectly normal procedure when rights change hand to rebrand and ensure everything is with the new owner.

I don't pretend I can convince you to my side of seeing things, but perhaps I helped giving you a few points of view to consider?

feedesneige ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 8:52 PM

I have a problem with poser 11. the document window size is 2552 by 126. and it tell me 'la palette de scène est contrainte par l'amrrage et ne peut être redimensionnée numériquement. Wow! That's a real problem! What can I do with That?!?

Poser11Pro.jpegPoser11Pro.jpeg

feedesneige ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 8:57 PM

Poser 11.2, The upgrade from bondware, doesn't work well for me. I have poser from poser pro 2012. update to poser pro 2014 and upgrade to poser 11 and now upgrade with bondware. It doestn't work and I'm unable to open a ticket. They don't recognize my email. What can I do?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:06 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:09 AM

feedesneige posted at 7:05AM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365317

I have a problem with poser 11. the document window size is 2552 by 126. and it tell me 'la palette de scène est contrainte par l'amrrage et ne peut être redimensionnée numériquement. Wow! That's a real problem! What can I do with That?!?

It seems similar to a problem of another user that's being discussed in this thread: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2938250

You might want to follow the discussion there, and try the possible solutions that people have suggested there.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:08 AM

feedesneige posted at 7:07AM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365318

Poser 11.2, The upgrade from bondware, doesn't work well for me. I have poser from poser pro 2012. update to poser pro 2014 and upgrade to poser 11 and now upgrade with bondware. It doestn't work and I'm unable to open a ticket. They don't recognize my email. What can I do?

Before anybody tries to help you, we need to know how exactly it doesn't work. Did the update install? Does Poser simply not load? Does it show an error message?

If the update installer doesn't start at all, you might have a corrupt download, I've seen several people with that problem. Try redownloading the installer.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.