Check out all the reasons here!

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Dave-So posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:26 PM

does this mean those of us that use Poser 11, or back, standard edition, not Pro, will have to BUY the pro version? will the standard version even be supported going forward?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomokatu posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:57 PM

I ALREADY have Poser 11 and PPro(2014) installed. I looked at the offer of Poser 11.2 but did not see a quoted price.

1. What will it cost?
  2. Will the upgrade accept my existing serial nos from the Smith Micro installations or will the installer require that I purchase a new Poser 11 (& PPro (2014)? I still have an active installation of Poser 7,
  3. Will I still be able to use this if I don't use the installer and buy a new Poser 11?

MikeMoss posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:56 PM

Hi

I have the same questions, for a rollout they are pretty vauge. I don't really know where, when, or what I need to have.

I read the part about changing my serial number etc, but why not handle the change through the normal updater?

I'm not sure what's going on here, I haven't been active on the forums for a while and didn't know that Poser was going to some other company until I got the email.

So, anyway where, and when am I suppose to get this update, I'm at ll.1.1.somethiing that I think is the latest version. I also have Poser Pro 2014.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

samsiahaija posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:25 AM

I am now heavily assuming stuff, based upon things implied in the email I received.

1 - Happy, happy, joy, joy, a trainload of new content included in Poser Pro 11.2

2 - The pending problem: Smith Micro stops their online licensing system, that had Poser phone home on a regular base to keep it running. Without this, Poser Pro 14, Poser Game Dev, Poser 11 Standard and Poser 11 Pro will no longer function. At all. (I wonder if Poser Debut 10 is also affected, as it has the same installer.)

3 - The solution to the problem: one free update that serves all.

It is heavily implied that we all get a free update to Poser 11.2 Pro. Also those on P14 Pro, P14 Game Dev or P11 Standard. One that we are being told we MUST download and install. As it would be not very nice leaving us without a working version of Poser. (It is probably quicker and cheaper then creating new patches and installers for all the affected versions of Poser) But it will mean waving goodbye to Poser 14 Pro, Game Dev, P11 Regular, etc, as they are all phased out. Unlike earlier versions of Poser, they will stop functioning, due to the Smith Micro licensing system. (So blame Smith Micro, not Renderosity. If these assumptions are correct, they're really rather generous.) To soften the blow, we will have new content to play with.

Kerya posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:11 AM

The free update is only for Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 owners.

I am wondering about PoserPro 2014 too - it didn't need activation, only PP2014 GameDev started that. As far as I know ... but I AM worried. I wrote a ticket asking the new support, but some weeks later still didn't get an answer (which does not make be positive about the whole move). PLEASE?

parkdalegardener posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 7:07 AM

@ Kerya. The update is for PP2014 GD, P11 and P11Pro. Those versions of Poser use the SM license server which will stop working for those particular programs only. That means that if you have one of the three versions I've listed, your software will crap out when the SM license servers stop listening to Poser requests for authorization. Other SM programs will continue to function with the SM license server as they always have.

The version of Poser you use has always been tied to the SN. The same download that gave you standard also gave you Pro. It just required the correct SN to unlock the extra features. Bondware's new license server will simply stop issuing dumbed down serial numbers. All Poser features will unlock with your new upgraded sn. That is what all versions moving to pro is all about. Everything is in your Poser. It just may not have been unlocked before due to the serial number being a non-pro number.

Only Poser users from Game Dev onward need worry about this. PP2014 without the GD upgrade will work as normal. Versions previous did not require a "call home" then and will not require one now. Patches and tech support for PP2014 and lower will stop. There will only be a single version of Poser from now on. You've had everything all along anyway. It was only your serial number that artificially made more than one product.

Kerya posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 7:25 AM

Thanks for answering! I do like my PP2014 (NO Game Dev). There were no patches for PP2014 anyway since Poser 11 came out (and that is ok).

New question: if I decide to upgrade somewhen (next year or so) in the future, will Bondware recognize my "old" SmithMicro serial?

wfbp1w posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 8:26 AM

As long Poser 11.2 doesn’t support Genesis 2 without fiddling around to get Gen. 2 to work I will keep Poser pro 2014.

OldCode posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:08 PM

I hope my version of PP2014 keeps working too. I use Poser a lot with Lighwave. The PoserFusion extension does not work well with Poser 11 Pro, and would probably be even worse in Lightwave 2018/2019. Being able to bring my Poser scenes into Lightswave is the heart of my workflow and I don't know what I'll do without it. The FBX exporter from PP11 does not work very well.

Rhia474 posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:56 PM Online Now!

I personally think the link above is pretty clear.

'Poser Pro 11.2 is a "bridge" release. It does not contain epic new features, but rather bridges differences between the old Smith Micro version and the new Bondware version of Poser. This means things like license management, software distribution methods, branding, asset store search and so on, have been updated.

But the main reason for the update is the depreciation of Smith Micro's licensing system and implementation of Bondware's licensing management for versions above Poser 10 (Poser 2014 Game Dev, Poser 11, and Poser Pro 11).

If you do not update, your Poser may not work if you have a version above Poser 10 because the licensing system will not be able to complete the over-the-internet check needed to confirm your license key.

If you want your Poser to continue to work properly, you must update.'

The above indicated versions were applying SM's 'phone home' licensing system which will now not work due to SM no longer owning Poser. Bondware is providing a free update to be compatible. It's a bridge release to fix the SM server to Bondware server issue that the above indicated versions faced. Bondware is, I personally think,. pretty clear that those owning the versions described should update because the previous owner's licensing system will no longer function and they'd like us to keep using Poser and they're giving us some nifty new content to sweeten the pot the inconvenience of uninstalling and re-installing means both in time and work on our side.

For what it's worth, I find this reassuring for the future of Poser and for my own desire to continue to use the software. I am not a content provider, a Python guru, or a software expert. I am an user, who tinkers with digital art and has some little disposable income to spend on her toy she uses almost every day. Your mileage, of course, may vary. But I'd like to express my gratitude here for those who worked behind the scenes or published communication to us, end users. Thank you.

Giana posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:03 PM

i'll second that, Rhia. i'll bet there has been heaps of hours & work put in to this whole thing that we don't even know about. so yes - many thanks to Bondware, admins, beta testers, early adopters, etc. that have all come together as a community to give us something of this magnitude in what really has been such a short amount of time.

tho' a ways off, i'm guessing, if this kind of thing is indicative of what may come for say a P12, well, i'm just exceptionally chuffed for EVERYONE!

PilotHigh posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 2:27 PM

I still don't quite understand this. I have working installed copies of 10, 12, 14P and 11P which I still use. Are they saying that my older versions of Poser will not work anymore?

GuernseyMan posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:02 PM

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

PilotHigh posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 3:04 PM

GuernseyMan posted at 2:03PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362441

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

Thanks.

OldCode posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 4:41 PM

PilotHigh posted at 4:41PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362443

Thanks.

Yes, thank you! :D

quietrob posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 6:02 PM

Nova era adest.

Downloading now.

seachnasaigh posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:52 AM

I've been out of circulation due to losing hard drives, so I'm behind the curve. It's not if I'll update/upgrade -I definitely will- it's a question of how to go about doing so.

I have four workstations. Each has PPro2014GameDev. All of them have been running P11Pro on a beta license. I have five PPro2014GD licenses, two purchased P11Pro license (never installed), and the P11Pro beta license.

So, what do I need, to update/upgrade my four workstations to P11Pro 11.2? Obviously, I'll need to buy at least one upgrade for a PPro2014 Game Dev license. I see where/how to buy an upgrade. How do I handle the existing P11Pro licenses?

On a relatively trivial note, if there is no way to keep my PPro2014 Game Dev installs functional, that prevents me from doing P10 compatibility testing. Not hugely important, but a minor irk. What's the verdict on PPro2014 Game Dev?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

wimvdb posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:32 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 2:29PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362571

I've been out of circulation due to losing hard drives, so I'm behind the curve. It's not if I'll update/upgrade -I definitely will- it's a question of how to go about doing so.

I have four workstations. Each has PPro2014GameDev. All of them have been running P11Pro on a beta license. I have five PPro2014GD licenses, two purchased P11Pro license (never installed), and the P11Pro beta license.

So, what do I need, to update/upgrade my four workstations to P11Pro 11.2? Obviously, I'll need to buy at least one upgrade for a PPro2014 Game Dev license. I see where/how to buy an upgrade. How do I handle the existing P11Pro licenses?

On a relatively trivial note, if there is no way to keep my PPro2014 Game Dev installs functional, that prevents me from doing P10 compatibility testing. Not hugely important, but a minor irk. What's the verdict on PPro2014 Game Dev?

PPro2014 GD needs to update to P11.2, Same for all P11 versions. Updates are free, Your SM serial numbers will work. Your beta serials will not work. If you can downgrade 2014 one of them to non Gamedev (if still have those installers) you will be able to use PPro 2014. The earlier 2014 poses do not use the licensing server.

seachnasaigh posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:51 AM

Thank you for the information, Wim!

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

12rounds posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:41 AM

I've been running Poser in Ubuntu linux successfully since Poser 7 (if I remember correctly). I was going to skip Poser 11 entirely in favour of my PoserPro2014 but then this ownership thing from SM to Bondware happened. I upgraded to P11Pro and downloaded the 11.2 version. I'm happy to report that it installed without a hitch and seems to run (as far as I tested and fiddled some basic things) just fine. I had to upgrade Wine from version 3 to version 4 (still a stable release and even available to my old Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installation) for P11.2 to actually run but other than that I had to do absolutely nothing for it to work.

Just a FYI report for anyone that might be interested/curious about linux compatibility with Wine.

InfoCentral posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:59 AM

So does this mean going forward there won't be a perpetual activation requirement like the SM license system required?

Dave-So posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:14 PM

appears servers at posersoftware.com are overloaded. just get the circle of nothing loading wheel.

MikeMoss posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:27 PM

Hi

Well it upgraded to Poser Pro and I finally got it to use the Runtim in the Poser directory.

Be careful installing the optional content, a lot of it just takes you to a page to buy things in Poser not actual content, I think I'm going to start over and be more selective from the start.

I would have preferred to leave the old install but it forced me to uninstall it in order to go ahead even though I was installing to a new directory.

It wants to put your Runtime in your Users folder on C: no matter what you do.

So I have some work to do before I can open my old files in it.

Mike

Miss B posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:32 PM

MikeMoss posted at 2:31PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362697

Well that's not going to work for me, that's for sure. Hmmmmmm, it's definitely going to be interesting.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:42 PM

I would have preferred to leave the old install but it forced me to uninstall it in order to go ahead even though I was installing to a new directory.

If Poser 11 detects a previous version installed it will prompt you to uninstall it. It has always worked this way.

During setup, you will encounter a number of screens. This screen asks you where you want to install the new Poser installation. By default it should install to c:Program Files| Poser SoftwarePoser 11

2019-09-19_14-14-59.png

The components screen checks the Application Support Files automatically. These support files install the Poser reference manual, the face room files, and other support files (I can't remember if Kinect Capture files are also included in this, or in the main installer).

2019-09-19_14-19-55.png

The screen shown below is the one you will be most interested in. This is where you specify the folder into which the Runtime folders will be installed. For this, choose the radio button under "Other Location."

2019-09-19_14-20-06.png

For example, I usually just select my D drive. The installer automatically appends a folder named "Poser 11 Content" to whatever location you select, and then the Runtime folders are installed beneath that.

2019-09-19_14-20-20.png

If you want to choose a location where your Poser content is already installed, select the folder DIRECTLY above the folder named RUNTIME. For example, if you have your content installed in D:/My Poser Content/ Runtime .... choose the My Poser Content folder.

After you choose your folder, go back to the Select Custom Content Location screen. Make note that Poser will automatically add the "Poser 11 Content" folder to whatever you select. So if you do want to overwrite files in your previous location you will have to backspace to remove the "Poser 11 Content" text in the file path.

2019-09-19_14-20-27.png

The other alternative is to install the new Poser content into a different runtime, and then add your old runtime in as an external library.

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 1:43 PM

(oops my apologies, I forgot that my screen caps would be in hi res LOL ... sorry they are so big)

inquire posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:23 PM

Kerya posted at 4:20PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362372

The free update is only for Poser 11 and Poser Pro 11 owners.

I am wondering about PoserPro 2014 too - it didn't need activation, only PP2014 GameDev started that. As far as I know ... but I AM worried. I wrote a ticket asking the new support, but some weeks later still didn't get an answer (which does not make be positive about the whole move). PLEASE?

IS there a free upgrade for owners of Poser Pro 11.1.x whatever? I do have this version. Am I still supposed to pay $99 to get to version 11.2? (I do NOT care about the extra content. I've got too much content already.)

Also, I do have Poser Pro 2014, which, I guess, is Poser 10. I did not get the Game Development feature. So, from what I'm reading, it sounds like Poser Pro 2014 will continue to work even if I do not upgrade. Is this correct?

inquire posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:28 PM

PilotHigh posted at 4:27PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362443

Thanks.

Uh, as I read it, I would not call this a "Free Upgrade." It says that "after 21 days you will be prompted to purchase a license." So, I think they will deactivate version 11.2 after 21 days.

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:31 PM

IS there a free upgrade for owners of Poser Pro 11.1.x whatever?

Yes, the update is for Poser 11.x (whatever) to Poser 11.2

Also, I do have Poser Pro 2014, which, I guess, is Poser 10

Poser Pro 2014 without the Game Dev features should continue to work OK. GameDev WILL need to be updated to Poser 11.2

inquire posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:35 PM

But is it "Free" for Only 21 Days? Or, is it a free upgrade for as long as you like? Where can the free upgrade for as long as you like be downloaded from? When I follow the link given above, I read: "The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number."

DarksealStudios posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 4:38 PM

I installed it... and now it will not open

Capture.PNG

Now I have to uninstall and try again. I hate this.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:06 PM

If you did install from the download page, then there might be something in your registry that is holding things up. Perhaps using something like Revo Uninstaller (paid) or Geek Uninstaller (free) might help resolve your issue. The Poser uninstaller leaves things behind in the registry and wiping those things out might get you past that. You'll need to re-register the program with your serial number in that case, because it will probably see it as a completely fresh install.

mdbruffy posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:44 PM

Are you guys aware that the PoserSoftware.com/downloads page isn't working??.

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:46 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:45PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362783

Seems to be working ok here ....???

mdbruffy posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 5:50 PM

Deecey posted at 5:49PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362784

It seems to be now. But the first time I went to it, I got a 404 Error-Page could not be found. But like I said, it seems to be working now.

willyb53 posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:01 PM

image.png

The cant connect to internet sounds like a firewall problem

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 6:16 PM

I think it's more likely that it's looking to connect to the Smith Micro activation server, which is probably no longer on line at this point.

mdbruffy posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:08 PM

Why would it try to connect to Smith Micro? I used the link in Yesterday's e-mail. But it's working now. That's what counts- in fact I've already downloaded everything and plan to spend Saturday installing it.

DCArt posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 7:58 PM

There may have been some preferences or something stuck in limbo in the registry that pointed to old information. He appears to have resolved the issue as he mentioned in another thread that his second attempt at installing fixed it.

mdbruffy posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:19 PM

Deecey posted at 10:19PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362808

There may have been some preferences or something stuck in limbo in the registry that pointed to old information. He appears to have resolved the issue as he mentioned in another thread that his second attempt at installing fixed it.

Okay.

hmatienzo posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 11:45 PM

Well, that was easy. It installed right over my old P11, no problems at all. I gotta say, I am very impressed by the new content… Thank you to all merchants who gave such marvelous products for this update!! Good to know that Poser is in good hands here at Rosity.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Miss B posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:46 AM

mdbruffy posted at 1:45AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362787

Deecey posted at 5:49PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362784

It seems to be now. But the first time I went to it, I got a 404 Error-Page could not be found. But like I said, it seems to be working now.

It kept giving me blank pages a few times during the day, but I just kept going back and downloading what I could each time. Eventually I got it all.

I suspect the server was inundated with everyone trying to download at the same time.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:00 AM

Miss B posted at 3:59AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362840

mdbruffy posted at 1:45AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362787

I suspect the server was inundated with everyone trying to download at the same time.

That's possible, too.

fatmess posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:17 AM

Hi all. I also did the upgrade yesterday night and I got the same as below. I have uninstalled Poser, reinstalled, checked my firewall. Everything is as it should be. I have contacted support and not heard anything back.

Does anyone have a fix for this or know a way around it. Thanks in advance

willyb53 posted at 4:15AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362790

image.png

The cant connect to internet sounds like a firewall problem

Bill

OhWee posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 7:58 AM

For those of us with offline Poser installs, is there an opton for an offline install update at this time?

I purchased Poser 11 Pro through Renderosity, if that's relevant.

RAMWorks posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:00 AM

I am a casual Poser user but I wanted to make sure I'm up to date. From what Deecey it's not matching what happened for my update. I think the update went into the old Smith Micro folder as I think that's where the installer found the current installation for Poser 11 Pro. So should I uninstall the whole mess and have it install to the path that's screen shot above? Looking in my Program Files folder there is no Poser folder, so I ASSUME it all went into the Smith Micro folder. Thanks so much

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 10:05 AM

RAMWolff posted at 5:04PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362914

I am a casual Poser user but I wanted to make sure I'm up to date. From what Deecey it's not matching what happened for my update. I think the update went into the old Smith Micro folder as I think that's where the installer found the current installation for Poser 11 Pro. So should I uninstall the whole mess and have it install to the path that's screen shot above? Looking in my Program Files folder there is no Poser folder, so I ASSUME it all went into the Smith Micro folder. Thanks so much

It'll work anyway if you installed on top of the old one.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Dave-So posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 11:46 AM

mdbruffy posted at 11:44AM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362798

Why would it try to connect to Smith Micro? I used the link in Yesterday's e-mail. But it's working now. That's what counts- in fact I've already downloaded everything and plan to spend Saturday installing it.

wonder why I am not getting emails from Rendo ... I get wishlist stuff but have not gotten any of the recent emails on this upgrade stuff. |

BTW .. I did finally get into the site and downloaded the 11.2 and all content. Installed 11.2 and it stated trial good for 21 days. I then put in my serial number and nothing was said about it being 21 days or forever ....

SchelleFire posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:01 PM

inquire posted at 3:01PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362766

But is it "Free" for Only 21 Days? Or, is it a free upgrade for as long as you like? Where can the free upgrade for as long as you like be downloaded from? When I follow the link given above, I read: "The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number."

This probably means that your license key didn't take. It should be an update to Poser Pro 11.2, not a trial.

quietrob posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 3:56 PM

While I did backup my preferences, it wasn't necessary. I just followed the prompts, hitting next and it installed perfectly. You will not find a folder that says Bondware. I still see that my PP11 is in the Smith Micro folder. It even saved my 3rd party scripts and my external runtimes. This is only a guess but if you try again when the traffic is less, you might see success. I had a few network failures in downloading but I believe it was simply due to the sheer volume of people all upgrading AND gaining the free content. If you check the other threads, Darkseal had a similar error but it worked for him. Personally I chose, USE YOUR EXISTING PREFERENCES. It might make a difference.

When was the last time you tried?

consumer573 posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:00 PM

I operate Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer on a stand-alone machine. If we did it right (we'll know in six months), in theory I have a 'permanent' license from SM that doesn't ever have to go out to the web to be updated (there's a whole thread devoted to this saga, with thanks to Jen B and John Csaky). I also own a physical version of Poser 11 pro that I never installed.

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer?

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in? My high powered graphics machine and all its software is NOT allowed to go out to the web. Ever.

RAMWorks posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 10:08 AM

ghostman posted at 8:08AM Sat, 21 September 2019 - #4362917

RAMWolff posted at 5:04PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362914

It'll work anyway if you installed on top of the old one.

Thanks. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled to get the proper path and Smith Micro folders out of the equation.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

MikeMoss posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 11:43 AM

Hi

For anyone having the problem I did with it insisting that it use the Runtime in the User folder, (I did tell it to put the stuff in the Poser folder but it didn't) I just added the Runtime in the Poser folder as an option in the Poser Library. It shows only that Runtime when you have it set up that way so it doesnt make the screen busier.

So far everything is working OK I don't see a lot of differences but some of the UI is a little different.

I've opened a lot of my old files and a few of them don't work but 98% of them do, I just deleted the ones that don't. If I find something imortant that I want to keep I'll try harder.

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:43 AM

Is there a FREE UPGRADE for users of POSER PRO version 11.1.x, the latest version released by Smith Micro? If there is a place to upgrade from Poser PRO 11.1.x to Poser Pro 11.2, where is it?

It's a bit confusing for me, because the emails I got contain links that say it's $99 dollars. But, it also says I'd be upgrading from Poser 11 STANDARD. Also, on Renderosity's Market Place Pages, it has 3 Poser listings. One for the full purchase price, one that says upgrade from Game Developer, etc., and one that says upgrade from 10, 9, etc.

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:46 AM

SchelleFire posted at 6:44AM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362963

inquire posted at 3:01PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362766

This probably means that your license key didn't take. It should be an update to Poser Pro 11.2, not a trial.

My "license key" didn't take? Does this mean that I can enter my old SmithMicro license key for Poser Pro 11.2, and that will make it free? Or, do I have to pay $99 to get a new license key?

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:53 AM

inquire posted at 6:50AM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362764

PilotHigh posted at 4:27PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362443

Thanks.

Uh, as I read it, I would not call this a "Free Upgrade." It says that "after 21 days you will be prompted to purchase a license." So, I think they will deactivate version 11.2 after 21 days.

Is this a free upgrade? Because on the web page that opens when I click on the link, it says ```

Thanks for your interest in Poser. You can download and evaluate the app at any time. The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number. You will need this serial number to register and download the additional content included with Poser. Please protect your serial number. Usage of the serial number beyond the allowed number of seats or excessive content downloads may temporarily disable your ability to use the software.

So, this seems to be saying that I cannot use my SmithMicro license key, but that I can use the new Poser 11.2 app for 21 days. Then, I will have to purchase a license and receive a serial number. Is this correct?

CobraBlade posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:33 AM

Either that or all the Pro features will be disabled after that time. Not sure.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

Nails60 posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:56 AM

inquire

No it is not, if you have a poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev licence it will accept that serial number. It won't accept poser 10, poser 2014 (non-game dev) or older poser licenses but these versions of poser will continue to work normally

Richard60 posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 10:37 AM

@inguire Download the Poser Program from posersoftware.com/downloads. Anyone can download the program. If you DO NOT have a valid serial number license for Poser Pro 2014GD or Poser 11 or Poser Pro 11 then you will have to purchase one as listed. This allows anyone to test the program for 21 days, If you had one of the above listed programs then simply enter your current 11,x serial number into the serial number box when asked. If the first part of the Serial Number says CUD instead of CRD also put in the serial number of the prior Poser into the Upgrade Serial number box as you need both for the program to allow the number to take.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

ByteFactory3D posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 12:11 PM

Just to give a small feedback, to avoid rumors: I just updated my Poser 11 Pro to the new Bondware version. It worked amazingly well. I made sure to select "external drive" during the installation procedure. This way, when it proposed some funny location for a Poser 11 Content directory, I was easily able to change this path to my formerly existing Poser 11 Content path. Second thing I made sure, was to check "use existing presets" (NOT backup existing presets and NOT overwrite existing presets). This way, all my initial startup scene, positions and sizes of open panels which I have open as default when starting Poser, all my library of around 70 differend content directories, everything remained in place, as if nothing had happened at all. I was even in doubt if the installation had really done something, opened the "about" window, but found the new ownership "Bondware" there, indication that I had indeed re-installed Poser. During the installation process I had to enter my license code which I had formerly purchased from Smith Micro (had stored the related mails about the purchase, which is recommendable in any case), and entering this everything worked just fine.

I also appreciate separate zip folders for individual contents, because I had some of it (which I had formerly acquired) already organized in separate folders a while ago, now I could simply use my old locations and am not forced to do a second installation of the same stuff in the Poser 11 Content folder.

Only thing I am currently insecure about: Did the files in the LEGACY content change? Because if they are exactly and unchanged the same like in Smith Micro Poser 11 installation, then I would rather not download all of that again and overwrite existing files. But If something has changed about them as well (license readme files?) then I will need to re-download all that stuff again? Does anyone have reliable information on this matter? In my understanding, the word LEGACY files indicates that they remained unchanged and are only included for those who first time install Poser 11?

MikeMoss posted at 6:53PM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362697

Hi

Well it upgraded to Poser Pro and I finally got it to use the Runtim in the Poser directory.

Be careful installing the optional content, a lot of it just takes you to a page to buy things in Poser not actual content, I think I'm going to start over and be more selective from the start.

So I have some work to do before I can open my old files in it.

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't render faster than your artistic Guardian Angel can fly... ;-)

Poser 5 to Poser Pro 11, Lightwave 11.6.3, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Substance B2M, Filter Forge 9, Blacksmith3D 6 Pro, Easy Pose 2, UV-Layout Pro, UVMapper Pro, Paintshop Pro 2019, Python, Pz3editor, PHI Hierarchy Builder, Headshop 12, Lux-Render, Reality3D, numerous utility programs

structure posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 1:58 PM Forum Coordinator

The LEGACY files did not change, they are in separate zips because they will not be supported, they are there merely as a courtesy for those people who need them. There were some minor changes made to the props, moving the OBJ's and PMD's to the geometries folders, which means that older saved scenes may need to search for them, the legacy files will put everything back where it once was so that your poser will not have to search for them.

Locked Out

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 3:48 PM

Thank you very much for the clarifications. I downloaded and (This is a Macintosh version, by the way), it installed on top of Poser Pro 11.1.1x, but it also left my Poser Pro 2014, or Poser 10, I guess they're calling it now. So far, everything looks good. It also automatically took my license number. I had it saved, but it did not ask me to enter it. It does say the Bondware version, and it opened with La Femme as the standard figure. After checking out the new version a little bit, I am now downloading some of the additional content. For that, I did have to enter my license number. But, again, thank you everyone.

inquire posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 3:59 PM

Oh, yes, and it IS Poser 11.2.276, in the About Poser box, so it definitely is the 11.2 version of Poser. Still downloading the extra content.

ByteFactory3D posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 9:26 AM

As a content developer I still have my 2014 Pro Game Dev and my very old Poser 5 installed for testing purpose, side by side with Poser Pro 11. My update for Poser 11 worked well and after this all my 70+ runtime libraries were still in place, also all initially open panels were in place as usual. The update installed in the old original Smith Micro folder, so it was not renamed to Bondware or whatever. But thats okay for me, I don't care, as long as it keeps running.

The side installations 2014 Pro Game Dev and Poser 5 up to now have not suffered after the P11 update. Only I will be curious to see if the 2014ProGD version will cease or continue working when the Smith Micro licensing server will be shut down... I guess Poser 5 will continue running anyway, there was no such thing like "call home to check my license" existing by that time... Good old days ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't render faster than your artistic Guardian Angel can fly... ;-)

Poser 5 to Poser Pro 11, Lightwave 11.6.3, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Substance B2M, Filter Forge 9, Blacksmith3D 6 Pro, Easy Pose 2, UV-Layout Pro, UVMapper Pro, Paintshop Pro 2019, Python, Pz3editor, PHI Hierarchy Builder, Headshop 12, Lux-Render, Reality3D, numerous utility programs

mdbruffy posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 12:47 PM

inquire posted at 12:45PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363405

Oh, yes, and it IS Poser 11.2.276, in the About Poser box, so it definitely is the 11.2 version of Poser. Still downloading the extra content.

Wait-a-minute! When I downloaded the new program Thursday night, it was 11.2.272- NOT 276. Wish they'd settle on one verison and stay there. Can I go back and get 11.2.276?

DalekSupreme posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:44 PM

The latest newsletter states that unless we upgrade poser will stop working... so unless we hand over $99 our expensive software stops... that is extortion is it not? Isn’t that illegal in the USA it is in Australia.

I will have a licence upgrade and bug fixes as option please... and it should be free. In my humble opinion this is not a great way to start a relationship with Poser users.

The licence change is Bondware’s issue not mine to sort out and the developer has a duty of care to fix bugs... as for the new content bundle... great... ask us if we want to pay for that as thats fair. I already own all the headlined content so I don’t need it.

Please can someone clarify the situation as the newsletter and commentary is contradicting itself.

1: the upgrade is compulsory? 2: we have to pay $99 even with the latest version of poser? 3: you can keep your existing preferences?

Some clarity on this would be welcome.

inquire posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

As regards the new content, I would like to see a store page somewhere before I install, for example, Tree House. It sounds good, but is there a link somewhere to where this product was sold? Were these products all sold here at Renderosity? Or, were some or all sold at the SmithMicro Poser store?

Nails60 posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

If you have poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev the update is free. All other versions of poser will continue working as normal. This has been explained many times in these forums.

inquire posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:51 PM

For the new content, I haven't installed any yet, and I haven't unzipped all of the downloaded files, either, but I was hoping for some modifications of the Construct, such that the Construct might be turned into various scenes. Is anything like this included in the new content?

inquire posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:52 PM

mdbruffy posted at 3:51PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363582

Wait-a-minute! When I downloaded the new program Thursday night, it was 11.2.272- NOT 276. Wish they'd settle on one verison and stay there. Can I go back and get 11.2.276?

Well, that was the Macintosh version I was speaking of. Perhaps the Windows version has a different version number?

DalekSupreme posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:54 PM

Nails60 posted at 6:52AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363624

If you have poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev the update is free. All other versions of poser will continue working as normal. This has been explained many times in these forums.

Thank you. Of course that assumes all people read these forums all day and no one just reads the Bondware/Rendo newsletters that don’t state this... and contradict this statement.

inquire posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:57 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 3:53PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363622

The latest newsletter states that unless we upgrade poser will stop working... so unless we hand over $99 our expensive software stops... that is extortion is it not? Isn’t that illegal in the USA it is in Australia.

I will have a licence upgrade and bug fixes as option please... and it should be free. In my humble opinion this is not a great way to start a relationship with Poser users.

The licence change is Bondware’s issue not mine to sort out and the developer has a duty of care to fix bugs... as for the new content bundle... great... ask us if we want to pay for that as thats fair. I already own all the headlined content so I don’t need it.

Please can someone clarify the situation as the newsletter and commentary is contradicting itself.

1: the upgrade is compulsory? 2: we have to pay $99 even with the latest version of poser? 3: you can keep your existing preferences?

The information given me in this thread (see above) seems correct. If you have, that is, one of the qualifying versions of Poser, you should be able to download it and you will NOT have to pay the $99 fee. The email that was sent out was confusing, at least it was so to me. In my case, for the 11.1.1 Pro Macintosh version that I had, the download installed 11.2.276 right on top of it and picked up my license key during the install. I only had to enter my license key when I wanted to download the additional content zip files. It was all free. No payment was required by me at all. This link should take you to both the Windows and Macintosh download page, and the Additional Content Files link is right there, too: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

inquire posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:15 PM

inquire posted at 4:13PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363623

As regards the new content, I would like to see a store page somewhere before I install, for example, Tree House. It sounds good, but is there a link somewhere to where this product was sold? Were these products all sold here at Renderosity? Or, were some or all sold at the SmithMicro Poser store?

Answering in Part my own Question: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aj-tree-house-2/109494/ This link will take you to the Tree House 2 by AppleJack.

Any information that could be provided, such as store links to other included content, will be greatly appreciated.

mdbruffy posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:17 PM

inquire posted at 4:16PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363626

Well, that was the Macintosh version I was speaking of. Perhaps the Windows version has a different version number?

I think I or somebody needs to find out- especially if the later version has fixes the one I downloaded doesn't.

DalekSupreme posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:22 PM

inquire posted at 7:21AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363630

DalekSupreme posted at 3:53PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363622

The information given me in this thread (see above) seems correct. If you have, that is, one of the qualifying versions of Poser, you should be able to download it and you will NOT have to pay the $99 fee. The email that was sent out was confusing, at least it was so to me. In my case, for the 11.1.1 Pro Macintosh version that I had, the download installed 11.2.276 right on top of it and picked up my license key during the install. I only had to enter my license key when I wanted to download the additional content zip files. It was all free. No payment was required by me at all. This link should take you to both the Windows and Macintosh download page, and the Additional Content Files link is right there, too: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Thank you. Yes that newsletter was scary to say the least! Thanks for clearing that up.

inquire posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:32 AM

mdbruffy posted at 5:27AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363643

inquire posted at 4:16PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363626

I think I or somebody needs to find out- especially if the later version has fixes the one I downloaded doesn't.

OK, in Poser (the Macintosh version, at least), go to the Poser Menu>Preferences>Misc>and you'll find a Software Update box. Be sure "Check for Updates on Launch" is checked, and you can also press the button "Check Now." I'll try to upload a screen shot. I would not be worried if the Windows version and the Macintosh version have little differences in the numbers at the end, such as 11.2.276 and 11.2.272. You're probably fine if there's no new Windows update when you check.Check for Updates.png

ockham posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 9:45 AM

Downloaded and installed, quick and smooth.

This bit:

"One of the fixes is a refactoring of the minimum basic runtime's file paths, "

seems to have caused an odd issue. I had been lazily keeping some of my often-used resources inside the Downloads folder in my runtime, which has always been outside of the ProgramFiles nonsense. After the update, Poser doesn't recognize the Downloads in my external location. I never put anything real inside ProgramFiles, so I just moved the few items I really use from Downloads into more specific locations, where they should have been anyway!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

mdbruffy posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:01 PM

OK, in Poser (the Macintosh version, at least), go to the Poser Menu>Preferences>Misc>and you'll find a Software Update box. Be sure "Check for Updates on Launch" is checked, and you can also press the button "Check Now." I'll try to upload a screen shot. I would not be worried if the Windows version and the Macintosh version have little differences in the numbers at the end, such as 11.2.276 and 11.2.272. You're probably fine if there's no new Windows update when you check.Check for Updates.png

I've done that several times and every time it says my software is up to date. So apparently, Macs have a different version count than PCs do.

consumer573 posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 3:20 PM

consumer573 posted at 4:19PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4362970

Try again....

I operate Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer on a stand-alone machine. If we did it right (we'll know in six months), in theory I have a 'permanent' license from SM that doesn't ever have to go out to the web to be updated (there's a whole thread devoted to this saga, with thanks to Jen B and John Csaky). I also own a physical version of Poser 11 pro that I never installed.

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer? I believe I have a permanent license for PPro2014GD.

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in?

EClark1894 posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:39 AM

Hey, Wheatpenny! I should point out that some of the confusion is being caused it seems by the Title of the Thread. It is an UPDATE, NOT an UPGRADE.

Kerya posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:51 AM

EClark1894 posted at 4:50AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364136

Hey, Wheatpenny! I should point out that some of the confusion is being caused it seems by the Title of the Thread. It is an UPDATE, NOT an UPGRADE.

Depends ... if you had PP2014GameDev or P11 (not Pro), you get an upgrade. If you had PP11, it's an update. Sooo, it is both. LOL

EClark1894 posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:58 AM

Technically, but my point still stands.

Miss B posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:56 PM

inquire posted at 1:54PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363640

inquire posted at 4:13PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363623

Answering in Part my own Question: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aj-tree-house-2/109494/ This link will take you to the Tree House 2 by AppleJack.

Any information that could be provided, such as store links to other included content, will be greatly appreciated.

Acctually, since I always install content manually, I had the Renderosity store open in my browser the whole time, and went looking for each and every piece of content in the numerous zips, and EVERYTHING is from content providers here in the Renderosity store.

Butterfly Dezignz

structure posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:06 PM Forum Coordinator

consumer573 posted at 8:01PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363914

consumer573 posted at 4:19PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4362970

Try again....

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer? I believe I have a permanent license for PPro2014GD.

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in?

Poser 11 will overwrite your current poser since it is an update, and not an upgrade ( which is a new version number, ) in the case of PP10GD it is an upgrade, but a forced one due to the licence server for SM no longer existing, if you ever have an issue with your game dev, and need to reinstall it, it is possible that it may not work. Permanent licence or not. In order to preserve your game dev version, you will need to change to folder name and backup your preferences before installing p11 on the same machine. And P11.2 does not require a periodic check-in so it will happily run on your firewalled machine.

Locked Out

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

This morning, I applied the update over my existing installation of Poser Pro 11.1.1, which is on a computer not connected to the Internet. Unfortunately, now the software won't launch at all. All I get is the "unable to contact license server" popup.

My questions for Poser's new owners/developers: Is there currently any way to manually activate Poser 11.2 on a machine without Internet access, as was possible with previous versions of Poser 11? And if not, may we expect such an option to be offered in the near future?

structure posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:00 PM Forum Coordinator

little_dragon : I will make enquiries for you on this toopc

Locked Out

PandaB5 posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:26 AM

Backups and Updates

Will these downloads be there forever - i.e. if I need to install Poser on a new PC or hard drive, would I be able to download them again or do I need to keep my own backups?

I downloaded this on the 25th and today it's telling me there's an update available. Do I need to re-download the entire 1.2GB file and the Poser support.exe file again to apply the update?

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

hudengnorf posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:33 AM

Since this might affect somebody thinking about updating:

Can somebody explain where to find the queue manager installer for remote nodes?

Before I used the SM download manager to download it. Since there is no separate download link for QM on posersoftware.com/downloads, I looked at the reference manual on page 24, which states: "When you install Poser Pro, it will also install the necessary files for Queue Manager that you need on the installation computer. The separate Queue Manager installer is intended for remote nodes [...]" without giving a hint where that installer was put.

If I am missing something obvious, it's not obvious to me :)

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:41 AM

hudengnorf posted at 3:37AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364316

Can somebody explain where to find the queue manager installer for remote nodes?

Run the P11.2 installer, but when you get to the select components window, change the default (full installation) to Queue Manager only. You won't need a serial number for the Queue-only installations.

Queue-only install.png

The build number for Queue is different than P11.2 but they still work together.

Poser 12, in feet.  

hudengnorf posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 4:32 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 11:16AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364317

hudengnorf posted at 3:37AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364316

Run the P11.2 installer, but when you get to the select components window, change the default (full installation) to Queue Manager only. You won't need a serial number for the Queue-only installations.

Thanks for the lightning fast answer seachnasaigh, much appreciated!

On a side note, for me personally, this is the optimal solution offering great control. Unified installer, no download manager, plus no need to bother with the qm license anymore? Well done.

The build number for Queue is different than P11.2 but they still work together.

And thanks for that too, you anticipated what my next post definitely would've been about.

structure posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 7:59 AM Forum Coordinator

@4364224 from the top:

There is currently no mechanism for off-line activation and no immediate plans to add it. We do have the ability to set a lease/grace-period on a license as an arbitrary number of days. So the current process to enable a computer for offline use would be:

Contact support & request an extended lease/grace-period on your license Connect your computer to the Internet Register with your SN After registering, you should then be able to use your computer off-line for the duration of the lease.

Locked Out

structure posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:00 AM Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

raven posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:03 AM Online Now!

Little_Dragon, now there's a name I've not seen for a loooong time!

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:35 AM

structure posted at 8:34AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364335

4364224 from the top:

There is currently no mechanism for off-line activation and no immediate plans to add it. We do have the ability to set a lease/grace-period on a license as an arbitrary number of days. So the current process to enable a computer for offline use would be:

Contact support & request an extended lease/grace-period on your license Connect your computer to the Internet Register with your SN After registering, you should then be able to use your computer off-line for the duration of the lease.

Just a second. Are you saying that if we happen to lose our internet connection- which has happened to me on occasion-That I won't be able to use Poser? I'm not crazy about being so tied to the internet that my programs depend on it in order to function.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 9:47 AM

Okay, just installed 11.2.289. And I'm not getting any error messages. I have my Libraries panel set for both the Tree and the Item list panel and I have it set for my Number Two runtime- which is actually my primary runtime. The tree is showing up, but the item list is blank, Any ideas?

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 12:10 PM

mdbruffy posted at 12:10PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364379

Okay, just installed 11.2.289. And I'm not getting any error messages. I have my Libraries panel set for both the Tree and the Item list panel and I have it set for my Number Two runtime- which is actually my primary runtime. The tree is showing up, but the item list is blank, Any ideas?

Never mind. The list came up after I turned the tree off.

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:42 PM

Thank you for your response, structure.

As I have no means of connecting my Poser computer to the Internet right now to complete re-registration, I'll simply make do without Poser 11 for the time being.

SamTherapy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:48 PM

Anyone installed the latest verision update yet? I got a notification - through Poser - that a new one was available.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:20 PM

SamTherapy posted at 3:18PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364440

Anyone installed the latest verision update yet? I got a notification - through Poser - that a new one was available.

I have- 11.2.289 and it did NOT solve my issues with KinectCapture or PythonShell. It worked fine for 2 starts, then the exact same error messages started popping up again.

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 4:58 PM

mdbruffy posted at 5:57PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364449

I have- 11.2.289 and it did NOT solve my issues with KinectCapture or PythonShell. It worked fine for 2 starts, then the exact same error messages started popping up again.

Which Kinect are you using? AFAIK only Kinect 1 is supported.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:10 PM

Deecey posted at 5:00PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364475

mdbruffy posted at 5:57PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364449

Which Kinect are you using? AFAIK only Kinect 1 is supported.

I don't know the folder just says "KinectCapture". I'm not really concerned about that one- I'll just delete the folder and that'll stop the error messages. But I'm really burned about PythonShell. The whole reason I wanted it to work was so I'd have access to Wardrobe Wizard again. Only now I've been told on another thread that WW was dropped. I've always used WW- I've never gone near the fitting room. It's too involved. With WW all I had to do was load the .cr2 file, select who wore it and who I wanted to wear it and hit the convert button. The Fitting Room is like the Cloth Room and the Hair Room- way more involved than it needs to be.

Miss B posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:33 PM

SamTherapy posted at 6:32PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364440

I also saw that earlier, but the Downloads page has been giving me a 404 error, so haven't been able to check for any further updates.

Butterfly Dezignz

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:38 PM

OK so you are saying that you DO NOT have a Kinect? Or you DO have a Kinect that you cannot get to work?

I do not have a Kinect and I am not seeing that error message, so I'm just trying to determine why you are getting it.

Not being a Python guru I can't comment much on that one, but I suspect maybe there were updates to Python itself that cause WW not to work in the latest version of Python.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 5:50 PM

Deecey posted at 5:47PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364483

OK so you are saying that you DO NOT have a Kinect? Or you DO have a Kinect that you cannot get to work?

I do not have a Kinect and I am not seeing that error message, so I'm just trying to determine why you are getting it.

Not being a Python guru I can't comment much on that one, but I suspect maybe there were updates to Python itself that cause WW not to work in the latest version of Python.

I'm saying there is a folder in Poser within Python, within the addons folder that is called "KinectCapture". And until that folder is deleted, I'm going to continue to get error messages telling me :

POser 11.2.286 cluster- .jpg

As for the Pythonshell, as far as I'm concerned, without Wardrobe Wizard, it's useless.

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:30 PM

Yes and what I am trying to say is, I also have a Kinect Capture folder in the Python Addons folder, and I don't have a Kinect. I am not seeing this error message you speak of.

I'm assuming that you don't have a Kinect at this point because you mention it's OK to delete the folder. But the mystery is why you are getting the error in the first place.

I know you mentioned you have reinstalled a number of times, but did you ever use an uninstall program like Geek Uninstaller (or Revo Uninstaller) to remove everything from the registry? Or, do you have another version of Poser installed on your system that could be interfering somehow? Those are the only things I can think of that would cause unexpected errors like this.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:36 PM

Deecey posted at 6:33PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364497

Yes and what I am trying to say is, I also have a Kinect Capture folder in the Python Addons folder, and I don't have a Kinect. I am not seeing this error message you speak of.

I'm assuming that you don't have a Kinect at this point because you mention it's OK to delete the folder. But the mystery is why you are getting the error in the first place.

I know you mentioned you have reinstalled a number of times, but did you ever use an uninstall program like Geek Uninstaller (or Revo Uninstaller) to remove everything from the registry? Or, do you have another version of Poser installed on your system that could be interfering somehow? Those are the only things I can think of that would cause unexpected errors like this.

I don't have any other Kinect files, folders or programs and only have the current version of Poser installed. As for the registry, I use a program called CCleaner that cleans the registry. Everytime I've uninstalled Poser I've run it and it's cleaned out ALOT of registry files connected to Poser.

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:42 PM

Well I have to admit I'm stumped. Sorry I couldn't help.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:49 PM

Deecey posted at 6:44PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364501

Well I have to admit I'm stumped. Sorry I couldn't help.

That's okay. It's really not your job. It should be Tech Support- if you can get them to respond to a ticket. I start one six days ago and they have never even acknowledged it.

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 6:59 PM

The only thing I can think of is ... I have CCleaner too. I don't recall using it after uninstalling Poser, as I typically use Revo Uninstaller to search for registry entries that are left behind.

I had some problems during the beta when I was trying to install the beta side by side with the last official release of Poser. And I was having difficulties as well. Even when trying to uninstall the beta release with Revo. Finally, once it was confirmed that the beta was solid and close to release I deleted the previous SM released version and attempted to install just 11.2 as the ONLY version of Poser on my computer. Not over the previous release. Clean install. EXCEPT I made a backup copy of the Python scripts and stuff I had installed. I didn't care about the prefs and stuff, I just started fresh on those.

Well, even using Revo Uninstaller there were some things left behind that were wreaking havoc. So I tried Geek Uninstaller (it's free) and it found some files in a folder that Revo missed and then I was able to install a completely clean version of 11.2.

So MAYBE ... just MAYBE ... you can give it one more try and use Geek Uninstaller and see if (at least) the Kinect error goes away.

https://geekuninstaller.com/

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 7:52 PM

Deecey posted at 7:51PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364503

The only thing I can think of is ... I have CCleaner too. I don't recall using it after uninstalling Poser, as I typically use Revo Uninstaller to search for registry entries that are left behind.

I had some problems during the beta when I was trying to install the beta side by side with the last official release of Poser. And I was having difficulties as well. Even when trying to uninstall the beta release with Revo. Finally, once it was confirmed that the beta was solid and close to release I deleted the previous SM released version and attempted to install just 11.2 as the ONLY version of Poser on my computer. Not over the previous release. Clean install. EXCEPT I made a backup copy of the Python scripts and stuff I had installed. I didn't care about the prefs and stuff, I just started fresh on those.

Well, even using Revo Uninstaller there were some things left behind that were wreaking havoc. So I tried Geek Uninstaller (it's free) and it found some files in a folder that Revo missed and then I was able to install a completely clean version of 11.2.

So MAYBE ... just MAYBE ... you can give it one more try and use Geek Uninstaller and see if (at least) the Kinect error goes away.

Just ran Geek uninstaller and it didn't find anything. Then I ran CCleaner for the registry and it found a whole page of stuff. Cleaning it out now.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 7:57 PM

Deecey posted at 7:56PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364503

reinstalled and relaunched. Those error messages came up faster than the rest of the program.

DCArt posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:19 PM

dang, I have no idea what is happening. Sorry 8-(

Miscreate posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 6:34 AM

I wish that there was something somewhere that listed the contents of each of the content downloads. I really don't want to be downloading anything that I already have or do not want, if possible. Alternatively, can anyone who has downloaded the content tell me whether the contents of the five .zip archives beginning with the name "PoserPremiumContent" represents entirely new content, different from that previously downloaded with the original installation of Poser 11 Pro? I hate to waste Gigabytes of bandwidth unnecessarily. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 9:46 AM

Miscreate posted at 9:45AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364541

I wish that there was something somewhere that listed the contents of each of the content downloads. I really don't want to be downloading anything that I already have or do not want, if possible. Alternatively, can anyone who has downloaded the content tell me whether the contents of the five .zip archives beginning with the name "PoserPremiumContent" represents entirely new content, different from that previously downloaded with the original installation of Poser 11 Pro? I hate to waste Gigabytes of bandwidth unnecessarily. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

It was my understanding that the "Legacy" files were all the original content. The "Premium" files are all new stuff- Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna and so one- their basic clothes and textures, some poses and morphs.

Miscreate posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:57 AM

Thanks, md. I guess I'll haul it all down and see what there is. There do seem to be readme files included that list the content of each. Posting that somewhere would be helpful. Maybe I'll do it when I'm done. Thanks for the response.

structure posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 11:21 AM Forum Coordinator

PhilC has withdrawn Wardrobe Wizard from poser as he no longer wishes it to be bundled.

Locked Out

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 11:45 AM

structure posted at 11:44AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364575

PhilC has withdrawn Wardrobe Wizard from poser as he no longer wishes it to be bundled.

Is it still available as a stand alone? It started out that way.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 11:45 AM

Miscreate posted at 11:45AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364571

Thanks, md. I guess I'll haul it all down and see what there is. There do seem to be readme files included that list the content of each. Posting that somewhere would be helpful. Maybe I'll do it when I'm done. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome.

Miscreate posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:47 PM

OK, here's a bit of a technical question that has arisen after I installed the update to 11.2. Does the Smith Micro Download Manager any longer serve any purpose? Is it still being used by the program and re-directing to the Bondware servers, or can it safely be blown away?

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:03 PM

Miscreate posted at 1:01PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364592

OK, here's a bit of a technical question that has arisen after I installed the update to 11.2. Does the Smith Micro Download Manager any longer serve any purpose? Is it still being used by the program and re-directing to the Bondware servers, or can it safely be blown away?

It was my understanding that all the smith micro ties would be broken with the first new update. I deleted my copy of SMDLM and I've never had any problems from that quarter.

Rhia474 posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:04 PM Online Now!

I uninstalled it; as far as I know, those servers are no longer in use. No issues with Poser itself after uninstall for me.

EClark1894 posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:06 PM

Miscreate posted at 2:06PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364592

I trashed mine. No problems so far and as I never use it, eh.

DCArt posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:07 PM

mdbruffy posted at 2:07PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364593

Miscreate posted at 1:01PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364592

It was my understanding that all the smith micro ties would be broken with the first new update. I deleted my copy of SMDLM and I've never had any problems from that quarter.

Correct. The Smith Micro DLM is no longer necessary.

DCArt posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:17 PM

mdbruffy posted at 2:17PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364578

The only thing I see on his site are the figure addons

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:25 PM

Deecey posted at 1:22PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364599

mdbruffy posted at 2:17PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364578

The only thing I see on his site are the figure addons

Damn. That was so much easier than the fitting room or the cloth room. guess I'll have to invest in EviIinnodence's cross-dresser then. It sounds like the next closest thing.

Miscreate posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 2:00 PM

Thanks to mdbruffy, Rhia474, EClark1894 and Deecey for the reassurance. I uninstalled the download manager.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 2:47 PM

Miscreate posted at 2:47PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364604

Thanks to mdbruffy, Rhia474, EClark1894 and Deecey for the reassurance. I uninstalled the download manager.

You're welcome.

Miscreate posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 3:32 PM

Well, for anyone interested in what is included in the additional free downloadable content, here's my summary:

AdditionalContent_Ghostman-AfroditeOhki.zip Ghostman Wok Pans Ghostman MrDoodle Ghostman DoodleBoo AfroditeOhki SingleBasics (Turtleneck)

HiveWire3D_BabyLuna.zip Baby Luna figure, plus textures, morphs, poses, clothing items, and creature heads

HiveWire3D_DawnBaseContent.zip Dawn starter morphs, poses and clothing

HiveWire3D_DawnBaseFigureAndTextures.zip Dawn Second Edition figure, plus textures

HiveWire3D_DuskBaseContentAndGorilla.zip Dusk Special Edition figure, plus basic morphs, poses, clothing, hair and the gorilla character

HiveWire3D_DuskBaseTextures.zip Dusk Special Edition Textures

HiveWire3D_Horse.zip Hivewire horse figure, textures and poses

La Femme_BonusContent_01.zip Romantic Dress for LaFemme by Tipol GCD Furniture - DesignLC4 by GrayCloud Design (LC4 Corbusier Chaise Lounge) Onyx Hair by Prae Eleanor Hair by Prae Cherry Dress by karanta Georgia Hair by Prae Femme Faces by outoftouch (4 character head morphs) Elf Clothing For LaFemme by Tipol Bennie Hair for V4/M4 by Prae

La Femme_BonusContent_02.zip CruX Sweet Rebel by Deecey and Rhiannon (Clothing) LaFemme Sportswear by Glitterati3D La Femme Closet 4 by 3DTubeMagic (Skirt and top) Girl Gear by Deecey (adventure outfit) Duplicate of Femme Faces by outoftouch Dynamic Tshirt by Gustaf Grefberg and HolyWonderWorld

PoserPremiumContent_3DScenery_01.zip Vincent´s Bedroom by Cybertenko Thatched Cottage Set by DryJack Octopus Ride by Simon-3d Romantic Bedroom by RPublishing Garden Fireplace by RPublishing Deco Locker Room by RPublishing Indoor Pool Spa by RPublishing Home Economics Classroom by Imaginary House Fantasy Pool by RPublishing Desert land: Props by RPublishing Dark Cemetary by RPublishing Canyon 2 by hameleon AJ Villa by AppleJack AJ Tree House 2 by AppleJack AJ Futuristic Base 2 by AppleJack

PoserPremiumContent_3DScenery_02.zip RP Pole Barn by Dante78 Tropical place by JeffersonAF Toon Jungle by JeffersonAF 2016 The Great Lake by JeffersonAF 2019 Poser FX by JeffersonAF 2017 Ice World by JeffersonAF 2019 Bryce skies for Poser by JeffersonAF 2018 Metal Realm by Danie and marforno Meeting Point by Danie and marforno Mogul Fantasy by RPublishing Medieval Small Village Manor by Dante78 Medieval Small Village Derelict House by Dante78

PoserPremiumContent_3DScenery_03.zip Urban Decay Props Set by RPublishing Victorian Gift Shop by RPublishing My neighborhood by JeffersonAF 2018 Queens Landing by Danie and marforno Plants & Pots by Sveva Moroccan Dream by BlueTreeStudio Flinks Mossy Rocks by Flink Flinks Flowers - Flower 3 - Daisy Fleabane by Flink Flinks Bushes 1 by Flink Duplicate of Blue Tree Studio Catalogue by BlueTreeStudio 3D Scenery: Dryland Expanse by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW

PoserPremiumContent_Figures.zip Unidwarf figure by RPublishing Raffael figure by 3Dream Mr. Bones figure by Cybertenko Maisie 1.0, Toon Female figure by Deecey and Nerd3D Maisie Dancer outfit and braids by Deecey and Nerd3D Bloop figure by Simon-3d Angel for Maisie character by Tempesta3d

PoserPremiumContent_PropsAndTransportation.zip The Black Triangle by Simon-3d (Alien craft) Snow Truck by Schurby (Snow plough) Fantasy Shields by RPublishing Fantasy Spears by RPublishing & muwawya Wolf Poser by JeffersonAF (helicopter) Posing Stuff by hameleon (Scene props and backdrop) Medieval Siege Tower by Dante78 Medieval Battering Ram by Dante78 Hadenman Cruiser by Simon-3d (Sci-fi space craft) FTractor by Schurby (Farm tractor) FantasyWeapons3 by RPublishing CV by BlueTreeStudio (Camper Van) BUGATTI 57S CORSICA by 3DClassics Budget Small Cars by willyb53 (Mazda 3 and a Mits Lancer) and, Blue Tree Studio Catalogue by BlueTreeStudio (A whole bunch of stuff, which includes ZOMBIE CONTAINMENT SUPERVILLAIN LAIR 1 MODULAR MANSION 1: THE HALLWAY SANTA'S WORLD CRYOGENIC CHAMBER SUPERVILLAIN LAIR 2 THE WAR CHAMBER MODULAR MANSION 2: THE STUDY ALIEN HIVE THE CAVERN FUTURE CITY MODULAR MANSION 3: THE EAST WING FANTASY THRONE ROOM MODULAR MANSION 4: THE CONSERVATORY LAUNCH BAY VINTAGE CARAVAN VINTAGE CARAVAN UNBOUND LAUNCH BAY ULTIMA BESIDE THE SEASIDE CAFE CONTINENTAL BURLESQUE BOUDOIR MODULAR MANSION 5: THE KITCHENS DARK KINGDOM GATEWAY LITTLE CHIPTON FRANKENSTEIN'S LAIR MODULAR MANSION 6: THE DINING ROOM DARK KINGDOM ARENA WATERFRONT VICTORIAN STREET SURVEILLANCE HUB MODULAR THEATRE 1: STAGE/BACKSTAGE MODULAR THEATRE 2: AUDITORIUM MODULAR THEATRE 3: LOBBY/FACADE ALIEN CITY CASA ROSSO MODULAR MANSION 7: EN SUITE STEAMPUNK HARBOUR MUSEUM RAID COASTAL COTTAGE ARTIST'S STUDIO BONE TEMPLE MODULAR THEATRE CINEMA EXPANSION FAIRY VILLAGE 1 SUPERVILLAIN LAIR 3 MODULAR MANSION 8: THE NANNY'S ROOM ZOLTAR FORTUNE TELLER MINISTRY OF TRUTH UNDERSEA ADVENTURE THE LOST VALLEY SUPERHERO STREET THE TEA PARTY 221B BAKER STREET BEACH HUTS RAVEN'S PERCH FANTASY TAVERN RIVERSIDE TOWN CLARA BELLE CANAL BOAT MODULAR THEATRE SCENERY PACK VICTORIAN PARK POP ART PAD CITY GATES MODULAR MANSION 9: SERVANT QUARTERS FRENCH BAKERY CITY ZOO JUNGLE RUINS TIME AGENCY HARBOUR TOWN LAIR OF THE VAMPIRE BRIDE GHOST TRAIN MINISTRY OF PERSUASION MODULAR MANSION 10: CELLARS & GROUNDS HOUSE OF ESCHER BOUTIQUE BATTLE MECHS WINTER'S FAYRE FAIRYTALE BALLROOM THE STABLE VICTORIAN SQUARE STONE CIRCLE THE WIZARD'S HOUSE MODULAR SPACE STATION 1: COMMAND DECK STEAMPUNK SLUM DOWNING STREET FIRE MOUNTAIN GRAND HOTEL PART 1 GRAND HOTEL PART 2 GYPSY CARAVAN MODULAR SPACE STATION 2: SECURITY DECK TUNISIAN VILLAGE TRAVELLING CIRCUS SWAMP WORLD PARISIAN STREET WHITECHAPEL NEWSPAPER OFFICE TEMPLE OF ANUBIS BASEMENT BAR WITCH's HOUSE TYCOON'S OFFICE PALACE OF THE NILE SMUGGLERS' COVE WALLED GARDEN VINTAGE TV STUDIO VICTORIAN ARCADE VORTEX CHAMBER BRIDGE HOUSE OUTPOST THEMIS ICE CREAM VAN ATLANTIS RISING THE GYM CAPTAIN'S CABIN VICTORIAN RAILWAY LOCOMOTIVE VICTORIAN RAILWAY STATION HALL OF THE ILLUMINATI CREEPY CARNIVAL FAIRYTALE COTTAGE NINJUTSU CITY VICTORIAN MORGUE SPEAKEASY OCEANICA POLAR BASE STEAMPUNK GRAND STATION SUITE SEDUCTION VINTAGE CHRISTMAS SKI LODGE URBAN VAMPIRE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE RECORDING STUDIO CAMELOT OLD QUAYSIDE DESERT OASIS DINNER FOR TWO VENICE SECRET SUPERHERO BASE FASHION SHOW SKELLIG ISLAND CAMPER VAN WILD WEST WAGON )OBJ/DXF) TUNISIAN VILLAGE (OBJ/DXF) FLOWERS (2D PHOTOGRAPHIC) SPANISH VIEWS volume 1 (2D PHOTOGRAPHIC))

AJ Sparrow by (flying vehicle) 59 Impala by Schurby

A big Thank You to all the contributors.

DarksealStudios posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 4:25 PM

Anyone who wants to be offline 100% of the time might have issue. I was informed by support that the new software will check online every few weeks for authorization.

My issue was fixed by treating the download like a patch instead of a fresh install. When I did the fresh install (no poser installed) it would give me that error pic I posted before. When I installed poser 11.0, then installed the patch over it, everything was fine. Support told me that "it is a full install" but when I treated it as such is when it would treat my system as if it were offline.

Anywho, so far it seems stable and I can use superfly with my RTX, which I could not do in 11.1x

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

Miss B posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 5:26 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 6:25PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364636

Anywho, so far it seems stable and I can use superfly with my RTX, which I could not do in 11.1x

Really? That's good news, as I've been looking at options for a new computer, and I've been totally ignoring RTX, because of the issues everyone was having when rendering with SuperFly.

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 6:22 PM

I'm going to probably have a problem soon. I get my internet from my cable company and unfortunately I haven't been able to pay my cable bill for the last month. So I'm probably going to be taking a leave of absence from you nice folks for a while. I may still be able to get online from time to time with my laptop, so we'll see.

Miss B posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 7:07 PM

Sorry to hear that Earl. I hope things work out for you sooner, rather than later.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 8:49 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 8:48PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364636

Anyone who wants to be offline 100% of the time might have issue. I was informed by support that the new software will check online every few weeks for authorization.

My issue was fixed by treating the download like a patch instead of a fresh install. When I did the fresh install (no poser installed) it would give me that error pic I posted before. When I installed poser 11.0, then installed the patch over it, everything was fine. Support told me that "it is a full install" but when I treated it as such is when it would treat my system as if it were offline.

That stinks. What if a storm knocks out your cable service? You should still be able to use Poser. Nobody asked to be tied to the internet.

EClark1894 posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 2:37 PM

Miss B posted at 3:36PM Sun, 29 September 2019 - #4364668

Sorry to hear that Earl. I hope things work out for you sooner, rather than later.

Well, while I still have time, need to see if there is a way to activate permenently.

SeanMartin posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 6:08 PM

It looks like a lot more stuff was included in the premium content. Always a good thing, even if I havent been able to sort through the ones already in there. :-)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

hflam posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 9:22 AM

Miss B posted at 10:17PM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364651

DarksealStudios posted at 6:25PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364636

Really? That's good news, as I've been looking at options for a new computer, and I've been totally ignoring RTX, because of the issues everyone was having when rendering with SuperFly.

My GTX 1660Ti got error message when I try to render in SuperFly. Message Log show: "Warning : Error Rendering in SuperFly." "SuperFly: CUDA error at cuModuleLoad: No binary for GPU" sad......(>_<)

mdbruffy posted Mon, 30 September 2019 at 5:26 PM

structure posted at 5:24PM Mon, 30 September 2019 - #4364575

I just got off Facebook messenger with Phlic and he said that Renderosity- meaning Bondware- dropped it saying it was outdated. This is not right. WW is far easier to use than that stupid Cloth Room or the Fitting Room. It can be updated- he'd done so for years. Who do we talk to about getting this straightened out?

mdbruffy posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 2:15 PM

Hello??

carrara_pat posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 3:49 PM

I installed the new version of Poser Pro 11.2 How can I make it start up showing Andy the robot instead of the naked girt?

mdbruffy posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 5:03 PM

carrara_pat posted at 5:00PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365239

I installed the new version of Poser Pro 11.2 How can I make it start up showing Andy the robot instead of the naked girt?

You have to set up a scene with Andy and then go to Edit- General Preferences and select "Launch to preferred scene" then click on "Set Preferred Scene". That will make sure Andy's there and waiting every time you launch Poser.

Miss B posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 5:09 PM

Geeze mdbruffy, you beat me too it. 😁

I usually save the scene as a StartupScene in my Scenes folder as well. That way I don't have to reset it up again, if necessary, at some point in the future.

Also, while editing the General Preferences, I also click on the Interface tab and select Launch to previous state. Just a little extra to make sure I get what I want at start up each time. Personally, I prefer an empty scene, but that's just me.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 5:35 PM

Miss B posted at 5:33PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365270

Geeze mdbruffy, you beat me too it. 😁

I usually save the scene as a StartupScene in my Scenes folder as well. That way I don't have to reset it up again, if necessary, at some point in the future.

Also, while editing the General Preferences, I also click on the Interface tab and select Launch to previous state. Just a little extra to make sure I get what I want at start up each time. Personally, I prefer an empty scene, but that's just me.

Actually, I came expecting an answer to my earlier post about who to talk to about getting Wardrobe Wizard back in Poser:

"I just got off Facebook messenger with Phlic and he said that Renderosity- meaning Bondware- dropped it saying it was outdated. This is not right. WW is far easier to use than that stupid Cloth Room or the Fitting Room. It can be updated- he'd done so for years. Who do we talk to about getting this straightened out?"

carrara_pat posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 6:52 PM

Thank you for your help mdbruffy and Miss B!!

mdbruffy posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 7:17 PM

carrara_pat posted at 7:17PM Tue, 01 October 2019 - #4365297

Thank you for your help mdbruffy and Miss B!!

You're welcome.

mdbruffy posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 8:35 PM

Come on folks! The answer can't be that hard. Who do I talk to or e-mail about getting Wardrobe Wizard BACK in Poser???

A_Sunbeam posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 1:50 AM

Is this a Windows issue?

On my iMac I still have Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser (11.2). The required Python scripts are in the main runtime; all other runtime items are in the usr/shared/poserContents folder or in the separate runtimes on an external drive.

mdbruffy posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 3:57 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 3:56AM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365352

Is this a Windows issue?

On my iMac I still have Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser (11.2). The required Python scripts are in the main runtime; all other runtime items are in the usr/shared/poserContents folder or in the separate runtimes on an external drive.

In 11.2.289 They took WW out. They said it was outdated when Philc's been updating it all along. It's far easier to use than the Cloth Room or the Fitting Room and it needs to be put back.

mdbruffy posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 2:53 PM

Are you saying- or not saying- there's nobody that I can talk to or send an e-mail to about Wardrobe Wizard? That's not fair to just pull something without even asking if we want it or not.

Miss B posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 3:05 PM

From what I understand, Phil asked them to remove it because he's out of 3D now, and won't be updating any of his products.

Whether, or not, someone on the dev team can pick it up and make it compatible with PP11.2, I have no idea. Maybe a support ticket will get you a faster response.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 3:12 PM

Miss B posted at 3:09PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365441

From what I understand, Phil asked them to remove it because he's out of 3D now, and won't be updating any of his products.

Whether, or not, someone on the dev team can pick it up and make it compatible with PP11.2, I have no idea. Maybe a support ticket will get you a faster response.

That's not what he told me. From my earlier post:

"I just got off Facebook messenger with Phlic and he said that Renderosity- meaning Bondware- dropped it saying it was outdated. This is not right. WW is far easier to use than that stupid Cloth Room or the Fitting Room. It can be updated- he'd done so for years. Who do we talk to about getting this straightened out?"

I sent a support ticket and got the same response I've been getting about the PythonShell- NONE.

Miss B posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 5:45 PM

I saw your earlier post, but it got me wondering if they actually asked him to update it, and he said no because he's no longer doing anything 3D since he's now retired.

I'm seeing Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser Scripts list, it just doesn't do anything but the initialization process. When I tried to open it to use it, nothing happened.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 6:04 PM

Miss B posted at 6:00PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365470

I saw your earlier post, but it got me wondering if they actually asked him to update it, and he said no because he's no longer doing anything 3D since he's now retired.

I'm seeing Wardrobe Wizard in my Poser Scripts list, it just doesn't do anything but the initialization process. When I tried to open it to use it, nothing happened.

It doesn't show up in mine at all. And I checked the addons folder. It's not there. But I still have the Poserscripts folder and all the files in that. saved those from the earlier version- before all the updates- because it has all the data files needed for conversion.

Miss B posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 8:30 PM

OK, I'm going to have to check the Scripts Menu next time I have Poser open, because I use Joe/Netherworks Script Servant addon which gives me the Scripts Menu as a separate window that I can dock, or leave floating. That said, however, I'm now wondering why I would see it there, if it wasn't in the main Poser Scripts Menu.

OK, I just opened Poser, and it IS in the Poser Scripts Menu. I wonder how come some folks no longer have it listed. Anyway, I clicked on it in my Scripts Servant panel, and got the popup it was initialized, which is what I got the last time I tried it. What I DIDN'T try was to follow the instructions to open the Wardrobe Wizard window, which is done by clicking on the Window Menu, and then choosing Python Scripts, and this is what I just got when I did so. Whether it works or not, I don't know, as I haven't played with it.

WardrobeWizardMenu.jpg

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 9:43 PM

Miss B posted at 9:33PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365504

OK, I'm going to have to check the Scripts Menu next time I have Poser open, because I use Joe/Netherworks Script Servant addon which gives me the Scripts Menu as a separate window that I can dock, or leave floating. That said, however, I'm now wondering why I would see it there, if it wasn't in the main Poser Scripts Menu.

OK, I just opened Poser, and it IS in the Poser Scripts Menu. I wonder how come some folks no longer have it listed. Anyway, I clicked on it in my Scripts Servant panel, and got the popup it was initialized, which is what I got the last time I tried it. What I DIDN'T try was to follow the instructions to open the Wardrobe Wizard window, which is done by clicking on the Window Menu, and then choosing Python Scripts, and this is what I just got when I did so. Whether it works or not, I don't know, as I haven't played with it.

Well it's not in mine. Always before, it would appear at the bottom of the Scripts Menu under PythonShell and at the top of the scripts window.

WW gone.jpg

It's not in either one now.

Miss B posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:03 PM

Weird. I wonder why I have it and you, and others, don't. ~shakes head~

Butterfly Dezignz

12rounds posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:50 AM

I just copied the WW stuff from the earlier, now defunct, P11 installation as is to P11.2. Works well for me. P11.2 does not include it so I believe that is the only way to get it back. I use WW's various functionalities all the time and can confirm it does work with P11.2.

tim posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:07 AM Online Now! Site Admin

FYI - one of the topics on the table for future versions of Poser is how the software can best support a robust and safe eco-system for 3rd-party python apps.

Rhia474 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:18 AM Online Now!

Oh wow, that'd be marvellous. May I ask a question: as there are a lot of 3rd party pythons that became obsolete/ unable to be used due to different Python versions (purchased content), is there a layman's way to recompile those or a way to give us a tool that does that? It is beyond annoying how many great texture-making scripts died that way. I'd guess 'robust and safe' may be referring to circumstances where future Python iterations may be covered, hence my question. And appreciate the info!

tim posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:28 AM Online Now! Site Admin

A strong eco-system would likely be based on the creators/maintainers of these tools receiving some form of compensation for their efforts. In typical software publishing, this happens through new releases that update the software periodically to a changing world. If a market develops for these scripts, then hopefully updates would be available at a reasonable price.

structure posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:30 AM Forum Coordinator

mdbruffy, if you installed poser over your previous installation, you will find Wardrobe Wizard in the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PhilC folder, it appears that you are just missing the menu, I would suggest you get everything and do a search for wardrobe Wizard. Let me know whether you find it or not.

Locked Out

mdbruffy posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:19 PM

structure posted at 4:12PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365608

mdbruffy, if you installed poser over your previous installation, you will find Wardrobe Wizard in the Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PhilC folder, it appears that you are just missing the menu, I would suggest you get everything and do a search for wardrobe Wizard. Let me know whether you find it or not.

It wouldn't install over my original version. I had to uninstall first. My Primary Runtime is on a secondary drive- which is how I still have the data files. I have these: Main Runtime- WW.jpg

In the Program folder, there's only this:

Program folder- WW.jpg

mdbruffy posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:52 PM

mdbruffy posted at 4:49PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365711

structure posted at 4:12PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365608

It wouldn't install over my original version. I had to uninstall first. My Primary Runtime is on a secondary drive- which is how I still have the data files. I have these: Main Runtime- WW.jpg

In the Program folder, there's only this:

Program folder- WW.jpg

Got to digging in other folders to see if I might have copied Philc's folder somewhere else. I did. But it wasn't all of it: Some of it.jpg

I've copied these into Poser, but WW still doesn't show up in scripts menu or the Pythonscripts menu. For those that don't know, I'm using 11.2.289

LeeMoon posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:16 PM

I'm on a Mac and see that "Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py" is located not only where you show it, mdbruffy, but also in runtime:Python:poserScripts:ScriptsMenu

Might want to see if that makes a difference. I've run WW once in the past couple of days, but just to see if it started up (which it did), though I never let it convert anything.

Lee

Miss B posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:26 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:22PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365718

I've copied these into Poser, but WW still doesn't show up in scripts menu or the Pythonscripts menu. For those that don't know, I'm using 11.2.289

That's because you have the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file in the wrong folder. That should be moved to the Runtime > Python > poserScripts > ScriptsMenu folder. THEN it will show up in the Scripts Menu.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:44 PM

Okay, I've copied it to the ScriptsMenu folder.Bringing up Poser now. It is showing up in the scripts drop down menu. But now I'm getting this:

New Error.jpg

and I put it right where you guys said to. Could the fact that the Python Shell still isn't loading be an issue here?

mdbruffy posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:19 PM

Okay, just got back from dinner and brought Poser up again. Got the same error message as before when I tried to start WW. But when I closed that window, this came up:

Error follow-up.jpg

Does this help us any?

Miss B posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:19 PM

OK, I just looked at your 3 screenshots above again, and I think I know the issue of it not working. You don't have the files in the correct folder.

The files in the folder where you previously had the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file has all the files WW needs to work (your 3rd screenshot), so you need to move all those fo the Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder (your 1st screenshot). I'm not sure what the Library 2 folder is for, but that's what's missing as far as running the software. You only have a handful of folders and the ww.ini file in that folder, but that's the folder where all the files (except the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file) should be located. Try that and see what happens.

Butterfly Dezignz

mdbruffy posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 8:38 PM

Miss B posted at 8:34PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365774

OK, I just looked at your 3 screenshots above again, and I think I know the issue of it not working. You don't have the files in the correct folder.

The files in the folder where you previously had the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file has all the files WW needs to work (your 3rd screenshot), so you need to move all those fo the Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder (your 1st screenshot). I'm not sure what the Library 2 folder is for, but that's what's missing as far as running the software. You only have a handful of folders and the ww.ini file in that folder, but that's the folder where all the files (except the Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py file) should be located. Try that and see what happens.

I already did that. That's how I got it to show in the scripts drop down menu.The Library No.2 folder contains my Primary Runtime.

Already there.jpg

I'm still think it's tied to the PythonShell. Until that's working right, no PythonScript-related program's going to run.

samsiahaija posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 2:38 AM

Rhia474 posted at 2:34AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365605

Oh wow, that'd be marvellous. May I ask a question: as there are a lot of 3rd party pythons that became obsolete/ unable to be used due to different Python versions (purchased content), is there a layman's way to recompile those or a way to give us a tool that does that? It is beyond annoying how many great texture-making scripts died that way. I'd guess 'robust and safe' may be referring to circumstances where future Python iterations may be covered, hence my question. And appreciate the info!

You may try this script, written by Snarlygribbly. It is a patch, designed, among other things, to make Reality start up in Poser 11.2. But it also makes EZSkin 2 amd EZMat, that had lost their functionality in Poser 11, work again, and is mentioned to fix problems with third party python plug ins.

It can be found here:

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/

samsiahaija posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 2:53 AM

mdbruffy posted at 2:39AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365778

Miss B posted at 8:34PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365774

I already did that. That's how I got it to show in the scripts drop down menu.The Library No.2 folder contains my Primary Runtime.

Already there.jpg

I'm still think it's tied to the PythonShell. Until that's working right, no PythonScript-related program's going to run.

I copied my entire PhilC folder into the scripsmenu folder, From there, I isolated the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from the meion folder to make it easier accessible. That seems to work. If I start the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from there, I get all the buttons.

It looks like this:

)WWizard.jpg

(Wardrobe Wizard starts up, but as a previous non-pro user I'm not familiar with the plug in and haven't tried it out yet. As it is, it mostly supports native Poser figures that I rarely use, and only have limited clothing for.

A_Sunbeam posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:57 AM

Miss B posted at 10:56AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365470

Odd. First thing I did with the new P11.2 was to convert a couple of dresses from V4 to Dawn. No problem.

Miss B posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 11:17 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 12:16PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365812

Miss B posted at 10:56AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365470

Odd. First thing I did with the new P11.2 was to convert a couple of dresses from V4 to Dawn. No problem.

Actually, I realized I wasn't opening the WW floating menu initially. Then I got it to open, but haven't had a chance yet to play with it.

Butterfly Dezignz

A_Sunbeam posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 1:16 PM

And one other odditiy - several people have mentioned being asked where to install the files - I just worked through the installations right up till the latest, and at no point was I asked eaxctly where to install any file - just on which disc they were to be installed. In previous versions of Poser I think one could specify the exact location, but my memory plays tricks at times, so I'm not sure.

NB and any mis-typings etc might be due to the size of the type and the cataracts that are awaiting surgery; the waiting list is a year. Mind you, I now have a free bus pass. which is probably the only real benefit of getting old in the UK.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 3:59 PM

I copied my entire PhilC folder into the scripsmenu folder, From there, I isolated the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from the meion folder to make it easier accessible. That seems to work. If I start the Wardrobe Wizard Menu script.py from there, I get all the buttons.

It looks like this:

)WWizard.jpg

(Wardrobe Wizard starts up, but as a previous non-pro user I'm not familiar with the plug in and haven't tried it out yet. As it is, it mostly supports native Poser figures that I rarely use, and only have limited clothing for.

I did that. And it still won't work: Did not work.jpg

structure posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:05 PM Forum Coordinator

the only file that you should have moved to scriptsmenu is the wardrobe wizard menu. The rest of the files belong in python:poserscripts:Philc:wardrobewizardp11

Locked Out

mdbruffy posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 4:49 PM

structure posted at 4:47PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365907

the only file that you should have moved to scriptsmenu is the wardrobe wizard menu. The rest of the files belong in python:poserscripts:Philc:wardrobewizardp11

I know you guys are trying to help - and I REALLY appreciate it. But I wish you'd quick confusing me. Wardrobe Wizard menu is already there- been there for nearly a week now. You guys told me to move it back then.

Red arrow.jpg

CobraBlade posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 7:38 PM

I don't want to confuse you further... but I just checked mine and this is where I found things. (on a Mac)

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/PhilC/Wardrobe Wizard P11/

Bellow are all the files in the that Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 9.59.36 am.png I don't know if anything else is required or if this will help at all.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 7:50 PM

CobraBlade posted at 7:45PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365926

I don't want to confuse you further... but I just checked mine and this is where I found things. (on a Mac)

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Wardrobe Wizard Menu.py

/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/PhilC/Wardrobe Wizard P11/

Bellow are all the files in the that Wardrobe Wizard P11 folder

I don't know if anything else is required or if this will help at all.

That matches where I have everything now. I'm still thinking the Python Shell is the problem. Until it's up and working, I don't think any Python-oriented script is going to run. On the other hand, does anyone know if these error messages tell us anything?

Error follow-up.jpg Error 2.jpg

CobraBlade posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:20 PM

Quite possibly, as I don't think I'm having any issues with Python Shell. Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 10.48.19 am.png

What issue are you having with it?

mdbruffy posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:27 PM

CobraBlade posted at 8:27PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365930

Quite possibly, as I don't think I'm having any issues with Python Shell.

What issue are you having with it?

It won't come up: Same old.jpg

CobraBlade posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 8:35 PM

Hmm, well with all our files in the same places and very different results when we click on Python Shell, it seems likely.

This sounds like the issue you are having now. Poser startup error

mdbruffy posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 9:17 PM

CobraBlade posted at 9:10PM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365933

Hmm, well with all our files in the same places and very different results when we click on Python Shell, it seems likely.

This sounds like the issue you are having now. Poser startup error

I was part of that forum. We never reached a definite answer back then. There's talk about adding paths to files- something I've never even attempted.

"@Y-Phil I dug a little deeper into wx.py and found that it's failing to load _stc.pyd. Turns out that the damn thing is a actually a DLL. So, I threw it into walker and it failed to find most of its dependencies, which are mostly core python DLLs in the Poser app folder. After manually adding that path into walker, it was able load them correctly. So, the problem is that somehow python in Poser isn't finding it's own DLLs when loading _stc.pyd?"

"semicharm 2 years ago

@Y-Phil Yeah, I have the same file in PP11. I'd thought about it being a file collision issue and checked windows to be sure, but turned up nothing. However, rebooting seems to solve the problem--at least temporarily. Something is probably screwing with the paths it checks to resolve dependencies and rebooting resets the path list. Not sure what's doing it. I've tried opening many of my common apps, but no issues so far."

This was- and is- over my head, but it sounds like the file- wx.py- needs to be re-written.

CobraBlade posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:11 AM

Since that happened to you 2 years ago, it seems to be a bit of a reoccurring issue. Unless this has persisted ever since you posted back then. Unfortunately, I won't be much help, since it sounds like a Windows specific issue will the DLLs. Might want to hit up Poser Support if you haven't already.

android65mar posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 5:32 AM

When I try and launch the standard version it tells me the grace period is finished and asks me to input a serial number. This I do and then it tells me it is wrong. So it seems we are being bulldozed into the pro version and a great deal of the content for the standard version does not work.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 6:59 AM

CobraBlade posted at 6:57AM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365958

Since that happened to you 2 years ago, it seems to be a bit of a reoccurring issue. Unless this has persisted ever since you posted back then. Unfortunately, I won't be much help, since it sounds like a Windows specific issue will the DLLs. Might want to hit up Poser Support if you haven't already.

It has been a constant, recurring issue. I have contacted Support- I sent in a ticket 13 days ago- and they've never even acknowledged it.

structure posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 7:56 AM Forum Coordinator

android65mar posted at 1:55PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365965

When I try and launch the standard version it tells me the grace period is finished and asks me to input a serial number. This I do and then it tells me it is wrong. So it seems we are being bulldozed into the pro version and a great deal of the content for the standard version does not work.

You are correct, the standard version no longer works, That is why a free upgrade to the pro version was released. All standard content works in the pro version. The difference between the 2 is that pro has more functionality than standard, also, the 32 bit version has been discontinued, again a free upgrade to 64bit pro is offered.

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you?

Locked Out

ghostman posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:09 AM

structure posted at 3:09PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365974

You are correct, the standard version no longer works, That is why a free upgrade to the pro version was released. All standard content works in the pro version. The difference between the 2 is that pro has more functionality than standard, also, the 32 bit version has been discontinued, again a free upgrade to 64bit pro is offered.

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you?

Standard version would be Poser 11 and not Pro. Not the content.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

structure posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:09 AM Forum Coordinator

@4365965 as this thread shows

Locked Out

structure posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:10 AM Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

android65mar posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 11:21 AM

structure posted at 5:14PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4365974

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you? About 80% of the content in my poser 10 runtime

Richard60 posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 11:31 AM

@MDbruffy On your windows machine in the search bar type in startup apps. This will bring up a list of all the things that start when you start your machine. Make note of what starts and then turn them all off and see if when you restart your computer if you get the same error. If you don't then one (or more) of the turned off programs is conflicting with your Poser. Turn them back on one by one until you find the problem. If with nothing on and you still have the issue then try finding another computer to load Poser (using your install files) on and see if occurs there (should not). In the event that it works on another machine then most likely you will have to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Not much fun re-installing programs but it maybe needed.

structure posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:03 PM Forum Coordinator

So, can you please clarify what "standard" content will not work for you? About 80% of the content in my poser 10 runtime

I would assume if poser is not running then 100% of your content is not working. You need to be able to open poser to use it. If your poser standard is version 11 and is not running because your licence key is invalid, you need to get the FREE upgrade to poser 11 pro - where your content will continue to work.

Locked Out

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 1:16 PM

Richard60 posted at 1:15PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366009

@MDbruffy On your windows machine in the search bar type in startup apps. This will bring up a list of all the things that start when you start your machine. Make note of what starts and then turn them all off and see if when you restart your computer if you get the same error. If you don't then one (or more) of the turned off programs is conflicting with your Poser. Turn them back on one by one until you find the problem. If with nothing on and you still have the issue then try finding another computer to load Poser (using your install files) on and see if occurs there (should not). In the event that it works on another machine then most likely you will have to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Not much fun re-installing programs but it maybe needed.

I just had a complete wipe and re-install of Windows 10 little over a month ago. This problem occurred before and after. The original Poser 11 pro was one of the first programs I re-installed.

Richard60 posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 2:48 PM

Well the only other ting is to try it on another computer. In 95 my squadron got 16 brand new computers, my shop got 2 of them (all the same). The two in my shop would not import a text file into Access the other 14 would. Reloaded multiple times using various install disks etc. No help. Finally brought a working machines reg key over and even though they were the same looking at them it fixed the issue. Reload the OS etc and it was broke again. Point being computers are way more different then people think as common belief is that if it runs on one it will run on all, especially if they are the same config. You may be unlucky and have a computer that cannot run Poser 11 no matter what you do.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 3:45 PM

Richard60 posted at 3:35PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366050

Well the only other ting is to try it on another computer. In 95 my squadron got 16 brand new computers, my shop got 2 of them (all the same). The two in my shop would not import a text file into Access the other 14 would. Reloaded multiple times using various install disks etc. No help. Finally brought a working machines reg key over and even though they were the same looking at them it fixed the issue. Reload the OS etc and it was broke again. Point being computers are way more different then people think as common belief is that if it runs on one it will run on all, especially if they are the same config. You may be unlucky and have a computer that cannot run Poser 11 no matter what you do.

First up, the only thing not working is Wardrobe Wizard. There is a work-around on that by getting and using EvilInnoce's X-dresser stand alone. Not crazy about it, but's a close second, Second thing is, I don't have another computer to install Poser on. My art comp was originally special built by the shop for me so I'd have a large Hard drive and plenty of RAM for Poser. Third, I've used other programs- Photoshop Elements, UVMapper, Sketch-up- and I've never had any trouble from any of them. Fourth, It's only P11Pro. I've been a Poser user since P5. I beta tested WW when Philc introduced it. This has not happened with the earlier versions of Poser I've used. I guess I'm just out of luck till P12 comes out- just have to hope the problem ends here.

CobraBlade posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:27 PM

There was a standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard once, I used it back when I was a Daz Studio user. Since you're in contact with Phil, maybe he can give you a download to it. Might be the only thing you can do until this issue gets fixed (which might not happen until Poser 12).

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 8:48 PM

CobraBlade posted at 8:47PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366103

There was a standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard once, I used it back when I was a Daz Studio user. Since you're in contact with Phil, maybe he can give you a download to it. Might be the only thing you can do until this issue gets fixed (which might not happen until Poser 12).

Already tried that. He said he hasn't updated it in years. He has had others asking about it, so he might bring it back. But what do you do in the meantime? Not a lot of choices out there.

CobraBlade posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:23 PM

mdbruffy posted at 12:44PM Sun, 06 October 2019 - #4366107

Already tried that. He said he hasn't updated it in years. He has had others asking about it, so he might bring it back. But what do you do in the meantime? Not a lot of choices out there.

That's really cool that there there is a chance of an updated version in the future now. I normally do conversions with both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser and keep the one that turns out the best as they both have pros and cons. Anyway, even though the standalone version of WW2 hasn't been updated in a while, I would think the same goes for the version built into Poser... so a shame you weren't given a download of it to try it out.

But yeah, unless someone finds a fix it doesn't look like much can be done right in the meantime.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:29 PM

CobraBlade posted at 9:28PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366123

mdbruffy posted at 12:44PM Sun, 06 October 2019 - #4366107

That's really cool that there there is a chance of an updated version in the future now. I normally do conversions with both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser and keep the one that turns out the best as they both have pros and cons. Anyway, even though the standalone version of WW2 hasn't been updated in a while, I would think the same goes for the version built into Poser... so a shame you weren't given a download of it to try it out.

But yeah, unless someone finds a fix it doesn't look like much can be done right in the meantime.

Like I said earlier, I'm probably stuck till p12 comes out- and then it probably won't have WW in it. That's the way my luck runs.

CobraBlade posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:31 PM

Looks like this is happening to a few people, was just trying to see if I could find anything else on it and came across this post too.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 05 October 2019 at 9:46 PM

CobraBlade posted at 9:45PM Sat, 05 October 2019 - #4366126

Looks like this is happening to a few people, was just trying to see if I could find anything else on it and came across this post too.

Well I checked and poseraddon.py is right where it's supposed to be. So that's not the problem.

EB2xiphias posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 5:22 AM

Thanks for the information eb2 eb2 green card eb2 visa

EClark1894 posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 5:55 AM

The Standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard still works you know. If you got it in an earlier version Of Poser and it's still on your computer, pull it up and use it. Or you could try using the Fitting Room. I did think Wardrobe Wizard was cool when it first came out, but eventually I used it less and less, primarily because I had to keep buying new modules for different figures and that got costly quick.

mdbruffy posted Fri, 11 October 2019 at 3:35 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:32PM Fri, 11 October 2019 - #4366718

The Standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard still works you know. If you got it in an earlier version Of Poser and it's still on your computer, pull it up and use it. Or you could try using the Fitting Room. I did think Wardrobe Wizard was cool when it first came out, but eventually I used it less and less, primarily because I had to keep buying new modules for different figures and that got costly quick.

If I had a stand alone version I'd use it. But I only had the beta version back in 2006. When it was made part of Poser I figured I wouldn't need it any more. As for the rest, If I still had my Poser 9 files, I would do exactly what you suggest. Unfortunately, I deleted those in the belief that no one in their right mind would take WW out. Tech Support finally responded to me and I've been talking with them trying to get some answers. I'll let you folks know what's up.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 2:46 PM

mdbruffy posted at 2:39PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4366820

If I had a stand alone version I'd use it. But I only had the beta version back in 2006. When it was made part of Poser I figured I wouldn't need it any more. As for the rest, If I still had my Poser 9 files, I would do exactly what you suggest. Unfortunately, I deleted those in the belief that no one in their right mind would take WW out. Tech Support finally responded to me and I've been talking with them trying to get some answers. I'll let you folks know what's up.

According to Tech Support, Until Philc decides to release WW as a stand alone program, I'm up a creek and forced to use the Second Best program: EvilInnonce's X-Dresser program.

EClark1894 posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 4:18 PM

mdbruffy posted at 5:06PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367657

According to Tech Support, Until Philc decides to release WW as a stand alone program, I'm up a creek and forced to use the Second Best program: EvilInnonce's X-Dresser program.

Weirdly, as I pointed out in another thread, MY Wardrobe Wizard is still present and accounted for even though I updated to 11.2.

EClark1894 posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 4:23 PM

Here are some screenshots of me calling up Wardrobe Wizard in Poser Pro 11.2. shot1.png

shot2.png shot3.png shot5.png shot6.png

When I hit the "CONVERT" button on the Python Menu, that's when the last screen shows up.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 4:36 PM

EClark1894 posted at 4:34PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367662

Weirdly, as I pointed out in another thread, MY Wardrobe Wizard is still present and accounted for even though I updated to 11.2.

My problem has been- and still is- that I can't get the PythonShell to load. Until that problem's fixed, none of the script-related addons I have in my Poser 11 will run.

EClark1894 posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 5:16 PM

mdbruffy posted at 6:13PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367668

EClark1894 posted at 3:32PM Fri, 11 October 2019 - #4366718 Weirdly, as I pointed out in another thread, MY Wardrobe Wizard is still present and accounted for even though I updated to 11.2.

My problem has been- and still is- that I can't get the PythonShell to load. Until that problem's fixed, none of the script-related addons I have in my Poser 11 will run.

What happens if you select "Run Python Script" under the File Menu?

mdbruffy posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 5:43 PM

EClark1894 posted at 5:40PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367670

mdbruffy posted at 6:13PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367668

EClark1894 posted at 3:32PM Fri, 11 October 2019 - #4366718 Weirdly, as I pointed out in another thread, MY Wardrobe Wizard is still present and accounted for even though I updated to 11.2.

What happens if you select "Run Python Script" under the File Menu?

I get a nasty error message telling me why it can't run it. Nasty Message.jpg

quietrob posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 6:08 PM

mdbruffy posted at 4:03PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367668

Not the best way to put things. Some people think Crossdresser is very good at what it does. Not only that, it supports LaFemme. It's cooler to be kind.

I notice that it has problem with the ini file. Have you tried deleting the ini file? Rename or back it up, in case you want to use it later, you know the drill. Poser will rebuild a new one for you. That often solves mysterious problems.

mdbruffy posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 6:18 PM

quietrob posted at 6:14PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367674

Not the best way to put things. Some people think Crossdresser is very good at what it does. Not only that, it supports LaFemme. It's cooler to be kind.

I notice that it has problem with the ini file. Have you tried deleting the ini file? Rename or back it up, in case you want to use it later, you know the drill. Poser will rebuild a new one for you. That often solves mysterious problems.

Put my comparison of X-Crosser down to frustration. I was one of the original Beta testers for Wardrobe Wizard- and used it ever since. I don't like having tools I'm used to - and like using- taken away. I may have found another option. Do you- or anyone else- know much about a program called "QuickConform"? it's sold here at Renderosity.

randym77 posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 10:17 PM Online Now!

Man, that's weird. I haven't had any trouble running scripts, including WW. (Knock on wood.)

I'm running 11.2.272, and I'm afraid to update it in case something breaks.

CobraBlade posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 10:30 PM

mdbruffy posted at 1:57PM Sun, 20 October 2019 - #4367676

Do you- or anyone else- know much about a program called "QuickConform"? it's sold here at Renderosity.

I've never heard of it before now. I guess you could always contact the developer or one of the people who left a positive review to find out more about exactly how it works or if you could use it as a WW replacement.

quietrob posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 12:35 AM

mdbruffy posted at 10:29PM Sun, 20 October 2019 - #4367676

quietrob posted at 6:14PM Sat, 19 October 2019 - #4367674

Put my comparison of X-Crosser down to frustration. I was one of the original Beta testers for Wardrobe Wizard- and used it ever since. I don't like having tools I'm used to - and like using- taken away. I may have found another option. Do you- or anyone else- know much about a program called "QuickConform"? it's sold here at Renderosity.

Bro, your frustration is totally understandable. A lot of us have had frustration over the changes in Poser. I even wrote EvilInnocence about making a LaFemme license. They never contacted me back but they came through so all is well. As far as the changes that ticked me off, I was lucky. A simple script cured my problems and I'm ready to hack the Interface to get it back to the way it was before they removed my choices of Figure Size. I'm posting the link in case someone has the program. It was on my list for years. I'm kinda glad it's still around as I'm interested in becoming a content creator now days.

Quick Conform Hopefully you'll get some feedback and it'll help you out.

EClark1894 posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 4:16 AM

Just for my curiosity, "Figure Height" was something that worked with the older models and hasn't really been relevant since before Poser 4, so what do you actually use it for?

quietrob posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 5:11 PM

I'll be happy to answer that, Earl. But you should answer the site mail I sent you on September 25.

mdbruffy posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 6:12 PM

Bro, your frustration is totally understandable. A lot of us have had frustration over the changes in Poser. I even wrote EvilInnocence about making a LaFemme license. They never contacted me back but they came through so all is well. As far as the changes that ticked me off, I was lucky. A simple script cured my problems and I'm ready to hack the Interface to get it back to the way it was before they removed my choices of Figure Size. I'm posting the link in case someone has the program. It was on my list for years. I'm kinda glad it's still around as I'm interested in becoming a content creator now days.

Quick Conform Hopefully you'll get some feedback and it'll help you out.

Well. I've got a site mail into markdc- the one that created QuickConform- seems the registration number that came with it won't work. I've also started a forum under Customer service trying to find him.

EClark1894 posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 6:21 PM

quietrob posted at 7:20PM Mon, 21 October 2019 - #4367873

I'll be happy to answer that, Earl. But you should answer the site mail I sent you on September 25.

Sorry, Rob, but the only email I have from you is from 3 years ago. Something about shoes.

mikiee posted Thu, 07 November 2019 at 7:09 PM

Hi ran the windows update all apears good but where is the gentals on/of command gone?

Kerya posted Fri, 08 November 2019 at 1:03 AM

mikiee posted at 1:02AM Fri, 08 November 2019 - #4369518

Hi ran the windows update all apears good but where is the gentals on/of command gone?

Bondware thought it is outdated, no longer necessary and nobody uses it ... but thanks to Structure you can get it back: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/deprecated-functions---fixed/83353

mikiee posted Sun, 10 November 2019 at 5:55 PM

Thanks for that...am i right in assuming LaFemme that came with the update has no gentals or nipple controls.....not much point if u can not turn them on or off....mike

Rhia474 posted Sun, 10 November 2019 at 6:24 PM Online Now!

The supplied Le Femme is a 'kid friendly' version. The one available at the store (or purchased earlier when it came out) has genitals, and those can be turned on and off from their own dials, no need for a separate menu item within the program. (going from memory here, someone please correct me if I am missing something).

FVerbaas posted Sun, 10 November 2019 at 11:41 PM Forum Coordinator

The simple geometry swap (that's what genitals on/off did) by definition does not work for Unimesh and weight mapping, and otherwise worked only for figures that had the facility built in. So, rather than having menu choices that do not work for any of the modern figures and would give rise to annoyance and questions they wisely took it out of the interface.

Can you believe it? My pub stopped having stables and a boy who would take care of my horse. They turned the stables area into a parking lot.

Kerya posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 12:25 AM

FVerbaas posted at 12:24AM Mon, 11 November 2019 - #4369772

The simple geometry swap (that's what genitals on/off did) by definition does not work for Unimesh and weight mapping, and otherwise worked only for figures that had the facility built in. So, rather than having menu choices that do not work for any of the modern figures and would give rise to annoyance and questions they wisely took it out of the interface.

Can you believe it? My pub stopped having stables and a boy who would take care of my horse. They turned the stables area into a parking lot.

Can you believe that there are still people who use the old figures? Can you believe it? There are still people making art with paper and pencil. They should just stop that and use computers ... Let's stop making pencils and paper.

EClark1894 posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 4:48 AM

Trust me, it actually takes more skill, talent and time to use paper and pencil. 😄

lamerenoelle posted Fri, 15 November 2019 at 8:27 PM

Good morning, Since I uninstalled " Poser pro 11.1" to install the updating " Poser pro 11.2", impossible to make it work! " Windows 8.1" do not want it and when I try to re-install "Poser pro 11.1" he says to me that my key of licence is not valid!! I wait for a resolution fast because for more than 15 days, I can use this software any more!!! With my gratitude

EClark1894 posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 3:31 AM

lamerenoelle posted at 4:23AM Sat, 16 November 2019 - #4370323

Good morning, Since I uninstalled " Poser pro 11.1" to install the updating " Poser pro 11.2", impossible to make it work! " Windows 8.1" do not want it and when I try to re-install "Poser pro 11.1" he says to me that my key of licence is not valid!! I wait for a resolution fast because for more than 15 days, I can use this software any more!!! With my gratitude

You should submit a ticket to Posersoftware.com

Make sure you fill out as much information as you can including your OS, What the software is doing or not doing, and you'll need your serial number.

malcolm474 posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 8:08 PM

I had Poser 11 Pro and everything was working fine. I installed the update and it became virtually impossible to use the animation palette. There was all sorts of new numerical data and every time I changed something in the palette, the palette would have to refresh and it would take forever. Since I could not return to my original Poser 11 Pro, I had to go back to Poser 10. As a result, I lost all the Genesis figures that I had started to use in the original Poser 11 Pro. I have asked if there is some way to disable some of the new features on the Poser 11.2 Pro update, but nobody has indicated that this is an option.

quietrob posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 11:01 PM

malcolm474 posted at 8:56PM Mon, 18 November 2019 - #4370612

I had Poser 11 Pro and everything was working fine. I installed the update and it became virtually impossible to use the animation palette. There was all sorts of new numerical data and every time I changed something in the palette, the palette would have to refresh and it would take forever. Since I could not return to my original Poser 11 Pro, I had to go back to Poser 10. As a result, I lost all the Genesis figures that I had started to use in the original Poser 11 Pro. I have asked if there is some way to disable some of the new features on the Poser 11.2 Pro update, but nobody has indicated that this is an option.

It's a little late but choosing NOT to uninstall AND keeping your existing preferences gave me a smooth and clean installation. However, I don't do animation so I didn't notice anything out of sorts there. I'll let the animators chime in with their experience. Your genesis figures no longer working is a concern however. Mine still work and yours should as well. What happens when you try to use a genesis figure? You already know that like Rendo, DAZ keeps a copy of everything you purchased from them. You should be able to download them again and then import them via DSON. It's a hassle yes, but better than having gigs of content that you can't use.

malcolm474 posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 11:38 PM

I appreciate your reply. Since I can't use Poser 11, I am confined to Poser 10 and Genesis doesn't work very well in Poser 10. Poser 11.2 Pro installed fine, but the problems arose when I tried to work on an existing project and ran into problems with the animation palette.

It seems like as the programs advance, there is going to be tension between the demands of the program and the strength of the computer. I think they can address this by allowing the user to disable functions that slow down the computer and aren't really necessary to what the user is doing.

EClark1894 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 3:42 PM

What are you trying to do with Genesis that it won't work in Poser 10?

malcolm474 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 5:00 PM

I found that Genesis slowed down Poser 10 considerably and wasn't 100% compatible. I did use it to a limited extent, but it seemed like there were a lot of issues with it.

EClark1894 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 5:43 PM

Genesis isn't 100% compatible with any version of Poser. What version of Genesis were you using?

malcolm474 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 6:19 PM

Yes. I am aware that Genesis isn't 100% compatible with any version of Poser. What is the hypothesis that you are pursuing here? I toyed with Genesis 2 figures in Poser 10, but I didn't get seriously involved until I got Poser 11 Pro. It sounds like you are suggesting that there are no serious issues using Genesis in Poser 10. If that is your point, and I can't effectively use Poser 11 Pro now with the update, and I don't decide to switch to a different animation program, I will explore that further.

EClark1894 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 9:10 PM

I wasn't suggesting anything, actually. I was going to suggest you talk to Will Dial who seems to use Genesis in Poser quite well. He might be able to help you.

malcolm474 posted Tue, 19 November 2019 at 10:42 PM

I found that there was a quantum difference between Poser 10 and Poser 11 when it came to using Genesis and the DSON Importer. I really feel like working with the Genesis figures when they will behave. I appreciate you mentioning Will Dial. I will ask him about using Genesis in Poser 10. I look at the animations that others have done in the past few years and I feel like I am being left behind in terms of the realism. However, I also find Poser so enormously time-consuming that I question whether it is worth pursuing as a hobby. Am I the only one who finds it impossible to use the Poser 11.2 Pro upgrade? I feel the demands that it is putting on my computer are unreal, but maybe I'm missing something. OK, I've vented enough. Thanks for your input.