Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamics not working as intended

CassandraNorth opened this issue on Sep 21, 2019 ยท 6 posts

CassandraNorth posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 2:52 PM

I hope someone can help out here, it is driving me nuts.

I am trying to pose a dynamic blanket over an item and everything is going as intended while the simulation is being calculated in the cloth room. Then when it is done, it simply pops back to the position I started from with no dynamics! The blanket IS dynamic and I have used it numerous times before with no issues whatsoever in Poser 2014.

Richard60 posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 3:10 PM

Save your scene before you run the simulation. Without doing that Poser does not know how to save the results so they get tossed. It is a known bug, or at least has been discussed before.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

CassandraNorth posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 3:26 PM

Thank you!!! That solved it!

We can always hope the bug eventually will be fixed (pretty sure I never saved the scenes first in P2014 - I have a (bad) habit of only saving when I have finished my work).

EClark1894 posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 4:01 PM

Out of curiosity, do your frames pop back to zero, or stay where they are? If it pops back, have you tried moving the scrubber back to the end of the frames? What happens?

CassandraNorth posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 4:08 PM

I have tried everything and nothing worked, it went back to zero. But saving the scene before running the simulation, as Richsrd60 suggested, solved the issue ?

Richard60 posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 4:12 PM

The reason this works is that the format for a simulation has changed and it now writes out the results to a file. Having no name it does not know where to write too, unlike in the past where it would just create a single simulation. I believe you can go back later and continue from where you were, but am not sure about that.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13