Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Superfly with GPU rendering on GeForce GTX 960

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Oct 01, 2019 ยท 17 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Tue, 01 October 2019 at 8:13 AM Online Now!

Ok guys so, storytime!

I used to work on a nVidia GeForce GTX 960 and render with GPU rendering on it. I remember that at some point it was rendering full gray, I don't remember what I did to correct that.

My husband's graphics card broke, and he's a video maker, so he purchased a powerful one from AMD - only to then realize he needed Cuda support for his work and that wouldn't do, so I took his AMD card, and he bought a new nVidia one. I had to switch to CPU rendering but it was fine, as my processor was enough to render while I worked on other things.

Fast forward a time, and the AMD card started showing some problems, and I decided to go back to my old GeForce and GPU rendering.

Except that now it decides to render gray! Again. And I don't know how I fixed that the other time (but I know it did happen before so I don't think this is a problem with 11.2).

What I've tried and didn't work:

-Restarting. Duh. -Uninstalling the AMD drivers/reinstalling the nVidia drivers. -Reinstalling Poser on top of the installation, because I figured it might be confused that a different graphics card was present when it was installed. -Changing my render settings.

I'm kinda lazy to try completely uninstalling Poser (right after so many times with the Early Adopter program 😂 ) to install it again unless I **know **it would work. And the other thing I could think of would be formatting my computer but GOD PLEASE NO that's so annoying aaagh.

Any ideas? It's ok if I have to like edit registry or run something like Revo Uninstaller or whatever.

Detailed info:

image.png

Using "render in background".

It opens a little box loading stuff from my document, then does this with a gray render window...

image.png

Then just stops as if finished.

image.png

I JUST tried rendering with the usual thing instead of render in background, and after it loads my scene, it shows this:

image.png

Which doesn't seem right, as I only have four figures, and a background prop that's just a panel. Decreasing Bucket Size isn't helping.

Computer specs:

-Windows 10 Pro x64, version 10.0.18362 -Processor Intel Xeon E3-1230 (3.30GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors) -16gb RAM -nVidia GeForce GTX 960

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.