Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11.2.289 AAAARGH

HKHan99 opened this issue on Oct 02, 2019 · 56 posts

HKHan99 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 10:28 PM

So, I just installed 11.2.289 and now many things are messed up. Something is messed up in the library, and when I try to add figures and items to the scene, a window opens up to my download folder and asks me to find a missing file. For instance, when trying to load any of the Pauline2 figures, it opens up and asks for Pauline.obj. I don't have Pauline.obj in my download folder, so I cancel. It asks me if I want to stop searching for it and I say yes. The scene then believes that Pauline is in the scene, but there is nothing showing. I installed a hoodie into my own library, and when I tried to load it onto La Femme it appeared kinda sorta on her, but I got the download folder window and a request for a part I can't remember, which I could not find. Poser could not tell that the image of the hoodie was in the scene, although it appeared from all angles. It could not be removed because it didn't appear in the hierarchy and couldn't be clicked on. I tried to conform it to LaFemme, but it didn't appear in the list of figures or objects. Any idea what's going on? Also, I notice that the base La Femme figure looks different- no shadow bikini. What else has been changed?

infinity10 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 10:30 PM

Sounds like your runtime locations have changed. Maybe check that outside of Poser, using File Explorer (or equivalent).

Eternal Hobbyist

HKHan99 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:06 PM

I didn't change anything. Just installed to the same location- it's still the Smith Micro folder. It forgot where my add-on library was, but I just added that back. In looking around I see that the Install from Zip function has a bad reputation, so that could explain the 3rd party stuff, but I don't understand why Pauline2 is messed up.

HKHan99 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:10 PM

Same problem with Paul and Roxie, but not with Jessi or James or Kate. I'm going to try to reinstall. wish me luck.

LaurieA posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:20 PM

In your preferences, is your library file search set to "Deep"? If it's not, check it and try again.

Laurie

HKHan99 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:24 PM

LaurieA posted at 11:22PM Wed, 02 October 2019 - #4365544

In your preferences, is your library file search set to "Deep"? If it's not, check it and try again.

Laurie

Yes, it's set to deep. I just reinstalled 2.289 and the problem persists. I tried to load a morph of Pauline2 from my own library, and it fails the same way. I thought when I saved the figure it was a whole figure, but apparently it references the file in the Poser runtime?

HKHan99 posted Wed, 02 October 2019 at 11:27 PM

can I roll back to 2.272?

samsiahaija posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 3:44 AM

Just made a few tests. Pauline 2 and Roxie are looking for missing texture files. In Pauline 2's case, the missing files originally were in the Pauline 1 texture folder - a folder that was deleted when installing Poser 11.2. I did not bother looking for the exact missing textures for Roxie. I had been paranoid enough to back up my old Poser 11.1 Runtime and copied my old texture folder into the new one. Everything is fine now.

Just checked the Legacy Content zip; Pauline 1's texture files, some of which Pauline 2 still needs, are missing from there. That zip needs an update; best check for all texture files.

EClark1894 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:20 AM

Any obj. file Poser is looking for is probably in your Geometries folder in your Runtime.

EClark1894 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:27 AM

HKHan99 posted at 6:27AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365536

I didn't change anything. Just installed to the same location- it's still the Smith Micro folder. It forgot where my add-on library was, but I just added that back. In looking around I see that the Install from Zip function has a bad reputation, so that could explain the 3rd party stuff, but I don't understand why Pauline2 is messed up.

How'd you get that it had a bad rep? Everything I've read has been favorable.

randym77 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:52 AM

I never saw a shadow bikini on La Femme, and still don't. (I have not upgraded to 11.2.289.)

Did you choose to save your preferences when you installed the update?

Is your runtime on an external drive?

RobZhena posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:00 AM

Try launching Pauline first. That will decompress the obz.

FVerbaas posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:03 AM Forum Coordinator

For reasons history knows best, the support files for Roxie were still mixed up in the Poser 11 application support files. In fact there was a lot of stuff there one not really needs to run Poser.

These legacy support files are now provided as a zipped runtime archive.

You can either unzip this runtime and put it in your library search path, or you can pull the required files directly from the zip into a smaller dedicated runtime.

I have for example collected all Rex/Roxy stuff from the nudes, garments, etc. zips into a dedicated Rex/ Roxy lib together with the considerable stash I had for Roxy. I had same for non-native figures. Took a little time but it works great for me. Also a good occasion to clean up.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:46 AM

samsiahaija posted at 9:44AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365582

Just made a few tests. Pauline 2 and Roxie are looking for missing texture files. In Pauline 2's case, the missing files originally were in the Pauline 1 texture folder - a folder that was deleted when installing Poser 11.2. I did not bother looking for the exact missing textures for Roxie. I had been paranoid enough to back up my old Poser 11.1 Runtime and copied my old texture folder into the new one. Everything is fine now.

Just checked the Legacy Content zip; Pauline 1's texture files, some of which Pauline 2 still needs, are missing from there. That zip needs an update; best check for all texture files.

Thank you- that explains a lot! I didn't back up the library, I didn't realize it would be erased until too late- I thought only the program was being updated. And although I did keep the installer for 11.2.272 I can't locate it. I'll try the Legacy Content zip, but if files are missing from there also, what is to be done?

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:49 AM

FVerbaas posted at 9:47AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365596

For reasons history knows best, the support files for Roxie were still mixed up in the Poser 11 application support files. In fact there was a lot of stuff there one not really needs to run Poser.

You can either unzip this runtime and put it in your library search path, or you can pull the required files directly from the zip into a smaller dedicated runtime.

I have for example collected all Rex/Roxy stuff from the nudes, garments, etc. zips into a dedicated Rex/ Roxy lib together with the considerable stash I had for Roxy. I had same for non-native figures. Took a little time but it works great for me. Also a good occasion to clean up.

Is this the same Legacy Content zip that samsiahaija referred to? If so, did you have a problem with missing textures? If not, where can I find what you refer to?

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:51 AM

randym77 posted at 9:49AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365592

I never saw a shadow bikini on La Femme, and still don't. (I have not upgraded to 11.2.289.)

Did you choose to save your preferences when you installed the update?

Is your runtime on an external drive?

I saved my preferences. The runtime that Poser installs is on my main drive, I have another runtime on the same drive.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:53 AM

EClark1894 posted at 9:53AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365586

Any obj. file Poser is looking for is probably in your Geometries folder in your Runtime.

Why is Poser not finding it then?

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:55 AM

RobZhena posted at 9:55AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365594

Try launching Pauline first. That will decompress the obz.

It is missing from Pauline as well. Same result.

EClark1894 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 11:10 AM

HKHan99 posted at 12:09PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365626

EClark1894 posted at 9:53AM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365586

Why is Poser not finding it then?

Did you? Is it there?

RobZhena posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 11:53 AM

@HKHan99 I cannot replicate your problem on my Mac. Sorry.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 12:04 PM

The problem exists with anything to do with Pauline or Roxie. I thought that when I saved a morphed version of them, I was saving an actual figure file, but it seems that I only saved what is essentially a morph injection, even when I did it by selecting the figure and adding it to my library under Poser 11.1 Standard. Is this correct? How does one save the actual complete figure?

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 12:06 PM

I am trying to install the Paul/Pauline legacy material, but the download says it will take another 15 to thirty minutes. This seems excessive for 1.3 gigs. Now it says 45 minutes...

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 12:23 PM

I installed the Paul/Pauline file into the Poser 11 Runtime. No effect. I installed the install minimum basic file into the Poser 11 runtime, and now Pauline loads without asking for missing files- except that she is invisible in the scene (and she is set to visible in her properties.) Any idea what's happening here?

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 12:26 PM

This is a quick Firefly quarter sized rendering of Pauline and Pauline2 loaded into a scene:

Pauline.png

EClark1894 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 12:32 PM

I wish I could see your Geometry file folder. Is there a Pauline folder in your Geometries folder in your Runtime? If not, is there an obz. file? A screenshot of what you see would be helpful.

BTW, an obz. file is a zipped or compressed version of an obj. file.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 1:05 PM

I was having a lot of trouble finding where things were parked, aside from my personal runtime, so I did a fresh uninstall and then created a new folder in Program Files to direct the new install to, and a new folder on my secondary SSD for the Poser Runtime. This seems to have solved the problem. Apparently the installer was not doing a full uninstall (I will try to check on this when I have a moment) in the old install folder, so whatever screwed things up was never fixed by reinstalling the software or the content. This might have something to do with it automatically using the Smith Micro folder when I first upgraded to 11.2. Or not... who knows... Anyway, it seems to be working now. Thanks for all your help, everyone.

samsiahaija posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 1:48 PM

There's a new Poser build for download, dated 10-03-2019. Maybe that will solve things? (I'm downloading it, but with all the recent losses of functionality I'm a bit reluctant to install it, as my version of Poser still has everything running as it should...)

samsiahaija posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 2:51 PM

Good; Poser Pro 11.2.296 on Win 7 Pro 64

Checked the known problem zones:

Reality, EZSkin2 etc still work. (after reinserting the patch)

Still have the _Figure Height _and _Genital _options in my figure dropdown menu, and they still work.

Pauline 2 and Roxie are loadable and functional.

My re-inserted Wardrobe Wizard still seems to work.

Meaning everything is as it was for me.

Half of my renders are still not showing up in my render cache.

No idea in what aspects the various builds differ from each other.

randym77 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:28 PM

HKHan99 posted at 4:25PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365661

This might have something to do with it automatically using the Smith Micro folder when I first upgraded to 11.2. Or not... who knows...

Interesting. Where is it supposed to install? Bondware?

I just noticed I can't load Pauline or Roxie, either. Missing OBJ. I tried re-installing the legacy content, but still no Pauline.

I never use Pauline, etc. so it's no big deal. Just curious.

TerriJohns posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:33 PM

FVerbaas posted at 4:30PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365596

I have a few Roxie clothing items from forum contributors that worked great with PP2014, but I can't figure out how to use them in PP11. For instance, the tennis outfit and Gi_everyday clothes. I placed the folders in the props/clothing folder for PP11, but no luck getting them to show up under the props menu. What am I doing wrong?

FVerbaas posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 4:49 PM Forum Coordinator

TerriJohns posted at 11:45PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365714

I have a few Roxie clothing items from forum contributors that worked great with PP2014, but I can't figure out how to use them in PP11. For instance, the tennis outfit and Gi_everyday clothes. I placed the folders in the props/clothing folder for PP11, but no luck getting them to show up under the props menu. What am I doing wrong?

The unistalller unly uninstalls what it had installed, so stuff you moved or added should have remained somewhere on your system.

If you told Poser to install the core content to a different location than you used before you may find the files where you had placed them.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:08 PM

Poser now seems to be running pretty much as it was before I installed 11.2.289, now that I put it in different folder in the Program folder. I told the new installation to install Poser 11 content to a folder on a secondary drive- and it did, but pretty much none of the Poser 11 content is in there, it's all 3rd Party stuff. If I switch off the Poser 11 Content library that was originally in Public Documents (by changing the name), it shows up as empty in the library window in Poser. Not sure what is going on here- does the installer only install content from 3rd parties? Does the main library have to be in Public Documents on the C: drive? hmmm...

samsiahaija posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:51 PM

There's no less than three runtimes in my Poser 11 (Always have been, since Poser 11 Standard 11)

There is the Runtime folder directly in my Poser 11 folder. It has a complete folder structure, but it is mostly empty, save for some Python scripts. Python scripts that start automatically, or those in the scripts menu, have to be there.

Then, within Poser 11, I have a folder also called Poser 11, with its own runtime, with complete folder structure, but no content. It seems to do nothing at all.

Also, directly in my Poser 11 main folder, there is my Poser 11 Content folder; the one which Poser lets you decide the location, when installing the main program. In there is the runtime containing the Poser 11 content.

My main Poser 11 program, along with these three runtimes, are on an external harddisk, my C-drive being too small for large programs.

Then, additionally, there is my Main Runtime, containing my combined runtimes from Poser 4, 5, 6, and 7, including all later newly bought content. That's where most of my content is, including all the pre-Genesis DAZ characters. That's on another external harrdrive.

My emergency backup of my original Poser 11.1 Standard runtime is oin yet another, third external drive. Whatever a new Poser 11 installation seems to be missing, like some Pauline textures, I re-insert from there.

Within this structure, I seem to have more of my old functionality then most of you.

Miss B posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 5:52 PM

No, I don't use that folder at all. I also changed the name of it, but I'm not sure now what I did to make sure it doesn't show up in the Library list. I probably edited one of the Poser files, but don't recall which one. I'll have to think about that.

I also don't install Poser, or any other piece of software, in the Program Files folder. I have two directories I created at the root C: drive. One for 2D Applications, and one for 3D Applications, and that's were I have Poser, and all my other 3D software, installed. Then I just set up where the Library should look for my Runtimes.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:31 PM

So... Poser still seems to want to treat the Public Documents runtime as the default. Turning it off causes problems with loading figures. The Poser 11.2.289 installer let me install to a new Poser 11 Content folder on a different drive, but that installer only has a small fraction of the content and it seems to be 3rd party stuff. I used the Support Files installer to get that content, but it seems to regard the Public Documents runtime as the default and doesn't allow me to choose another location. That's kind of annoying, as I would like to lighten up my main drive by getting all that content off it. I guess I can try moving that runtime to the secondary drive and adding it as a separate library.

Rhia474 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 6:37 PM Online Now!

As I mentioned before, manually installing allows you to move your runtimes wherever you want. Yes, Poser treats the Public Documents as a default bit you can get your unzipped runtime files wherever you want to. Processes are only as annoying as you let them to be.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:09 PM

Rhia474 posted at 6:48PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365755

As I mentioned before, manually installing allows you to move your runtimes wherever you want. Yes, Poser treats the Public Documents as a default bit you can get your unzipped runtime files wherever you want to. Processes are only as annoying as you let them to be.

Or as simple as the programmers make them. They left out an option out of the file installer that they have a template for- because they put it in the program installer. Sure, no single instance of having an unnecessarily kludgy process is going to kill me, but when there are a lot of them that impact many users that could be reduced or eliminated by just a little bit of effort by the much smaller number of people on the dev team, that's a bad business practice. Bondware bought a pretty klunky program, or cluster of somewhat integrated programs and contents, and it was what it was at that moment. But they have forced us to move from what they, and we, bought, to something they have changed, and nobody but Bondware is responsible for how it works, because they could have let us use what we had indefinitely while they were getting their act together. Smith Micro certainly didn't write their installer packages, or keep them from posting change logs on the download page, etc. Any 3D program has a lot of front-end learning, preparation and organization before it can be effectively used. Poser has a LOT of front end, for what it does, because of its bizarre development history. Bondware, so far, has added significantly to this for me. This is an issue that doesn't have as much impact for long term users, but it is making it difficult for a new user to get up and running- despite the fact that I have massively scaled back my expectations of the role Poser should play in my workflow. Having put time and money into this software, neither of which can be recovered, I don't want to just pitch a fit and stomp out of the room, but each additional increment of unnecessary hassle and delay, and each discovery of another structural limitation, makes me reconsider my decision to use Poser at all. At this point, I wouldn't recommend the program to anyone, until Bondware sorts things out to a much greater degree- assuming they do. There appear to be over 2k files in the Support Files package. Manually installing them seems like it might be a chore.

Rhia474 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:18 PM Online Now!

You ARE aware that they had three months to at least make sure users can use the program when SM shut down the servers because they no lonher own the program, right? You are aware that Bondware was clear from the start this is a 'bridge' release until they can fix the most egregious issues SM has not addressed for years? You are aware that they are working on improvements and were clear on the fact that they are hiring an entire new set of people just for this program and nothing else?

I understand that you want everything to work perfectly, but personally I am willing to cut some slack to the new team who are desperately trying to address every single user coming out sometimes not touching poser for years and demanding perfection from the start. Users here have been trying to help you and others from the very beginning--a bit of a patience really goes a long way, unless you purchased this software to work with professionally and have deadlines, we are all hobbyists here doing this for our own amusement in our spare time, I believe.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:49 PM

I am aware of all that, and I think that Bondware could have simply released a patch or even a full install of Poser 11.1 with no changes except a pointer to a new license server, and then there would have been plenty of time to do the other stuff right. Giving people the option to upgrade at their leisure would have made for a lot less aggro and a quieter forum. It's not that I expect (of course I want) everything to work just right after the mess that Smith Micro made, but Bondware could have taken an approach that didn't add to the existing problems before they could fix what was already wrong. I, fortunately, do not have a deadline except starvation, but I did purchase this program with an eye to putting it in my professional workflow, so I don't appreciate additional delays to what is already a long and involved process. I have massively scaled back my expectations of how Poser can be used in my workflow already, and when simple stuff takes me half a day or more to rectify, it's an actual problem. I'm running out of ramen. If you want to say that I should not have purchased it all because it's a hobby level program, I have come around to that point of view already. Unfortunately, my hedonistic desire to eat ramen and live indoors precluded me buying a professional grade program. Oh well.

Rhia474 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 7:54 PM Online Now!

I give up--you clearly have your opinion and you are entitled to it. It took me several months to learn Poser when I started, like with most programs from scratch. I think it is unrealistic to expect a program that is completely unknown to someone to be smoothly inserted to a workflow within a few weeks of purchase, but that is just me.

I wish you much success--will not attempt to help in the future.

Rance01 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:24 PM

If you are newly missing content and you are running Windows, you might try navigating to your Runtime folder using Windows Explorer. Right click the folder and select Properties. Click the Previous Versions tab. Double click any date before the update and scroll though to locate the missing files. You can copy them from the previous folder and paste them as you like.

I recommend making backups of your runtime folders and preferences files. A copy of your Preferred State file comes in handy too, along with dots files if you use them.

Best of luck and happy posing, Rªnce

Sorry, edited for clarity

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:43 PM

Rance01 posted at 9:35PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365781

If you are newly missing content and you are running Windows, you might try navigating to your Runtime folder using Windows Explorer. Right click the folder and select Properties. Click the Previous Versions tab. Double click any date before the update and scroll though to locate the missing files. You can copy them from the previous folder and paste them as you like.

I recommend making backups of your runtime folders and preferences files. A copy of your Preferred State file comes in handy too, along with dots files if you use them.

Best of luck and happy posing, Rªnce

Sorry, edited for clarity

I have been doing this this evening. It seems that most of the problem is not actually with missing files- they are in the same runtime that the program finds all the other parts of the figure in, right next to similar parts- as near as I can tell, exactly where they are supposed to be. After manually guiding the program to the particular file, it fixes all instances of that particular problem. So, the problem appears to be in either some kind of file pointer in the figure definition, or in the way the library is searching for things. Neither of these problems existed before I updated to 11.2.289 and they seem like very peculiar problems to have at all, either way. Since there are several different figures I've had this problem with already, my money is a glitch in the way the library is looking for things. Since I downloaded the program installer twice and had the same problem, I don't think it's a transmission error. Apparently Poser has reached the "where are my glasses?" "They're on your head," stage of life.

HKHan99 posted Thu, 03 October 2019 at 9:49 PM

Rhia474 posted at 9:44PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365773

I give up--you clearly have your opinion and you are entitled to it. It took me several months to learn Poser when I started, like with most programs from scratch. I think it is unrealistic to expect a program that is completely unknown to someone to be smoothly inserted to a workflow within a few weeks of purchase, but that is just me.

I wish you much success--will not attempt to help in the future.

You're ascribing expectations to me that I never had- but having said that, I have inserted several graphics programs into my workflow within a few weeks of acquiring them. Apples and oranges, of course, which is why I never had that expectation with Poser. You're completely missing the point about what I'm irritated about, but having explained it already, I won't try again. Whether you try to help me again in the future is of course up to you, but if you find giving such aid burdensome I would think you would want the new owners of Poser to give fewer occasions for you to do so. In any case, thank you for the help you have given to me in the past.

Glitterati3D posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 10:23 AM

TerriJohns posted at 11:22AM Fri, 04 October 2019 - #4365714

FVerbaas posted at 4:30PM Thu, 03 October 2019 - #4365596

My everyday clothing for Roxie (Gi_everyday clothes) are conforming clothing. They should be installed somewhere in the character folder, not the props folder.

Rance01 posted Fri, 04 October 2019 at 6:27 PM

In earlier Poser installations conforming clothes were sometimes fond in the props folders. Poser 1-5 P4 Conforming Clothing, Poser 6 Clothing, Ben, James, Jessi, etc and the P7 Female and Male folders were all conforming clothing props. The 'Casino' special package also installed clothing in the props folder.

Smith Micro's Miki 2 sets upzipped in the props folder too.

Earlier versions (and perhaps later Poser versions) followed certain rules, but all bets are off in Poser 6 and 7.

VedaDalsette posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 5:26 PM Online Now!

I did the update and the next one and the next one. I was missing stuff (like P8 Lights and all the previous Poser lights and P6 James skullcap alpha file) but mostly I'm missing the object files for Pauline, Paul, Roxie, and Rex. I tried using the Pauline casual version and Poser was looking for these files which I couldn't find in Textures: head_displacement_00148.tif, Head-diffuse-4096.PNG, PaulineCornea_BUMP.png, PaulineEyes_SPEC.png, PaulineIris_BUMP.png, arms_height_0015.tif, Arms-diffuse-4096.PNG, torso_height_00203.tif, Body-diffuse-4096.PNG, legs_height_00219.tif, Legs-diffuse-4096.PNG.

ALSO, my magnets (when I do Create Magnet) are messed up. The mag zone is lower than the body part it's affecting. Don't know how to fix that.

Will we get the missing files? I've updated three times, I think, already.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

quietrob posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 6:49 PM

Rance01 posted at 4:45PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4365919

...The 'Casino' special package also installed clothing in the props folder.

I know it's a pain but could you elaborate about the 'casino' special package? (Yes I noted the quotation marks)

raven posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 8:11 PM

Poser 7 SE, it came with extra 'Casino' stuff, basically James Bond. You had SimonG2 that loaded fully tuxedoed up, there was an Aston Martin in the figures (or at least P7-Roadster-Maiko) and Bond tux in the props along with casino props.

P7SEcasinopropclothes.jpg

P7SEcasinoprops.jpg

randym77 posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 8:21 PM

Is the "Casino" stuff not available in Poser 11? I still have it, though I did not install it that I can recall.

raven posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 8:40 PM

I don't believe it is. It was on a separate CD, there was the Poser 7 CD and the SE Content CD.

Rance01 posted Mon, 07 October 2019 at 9:08 PM

quietrob posted at 9:57PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4366372

Rance01 posted at 4:45PM Mon, 07 October 2019 - #4365919

...The 'Casino' special package also installed clothing in the props folder.

I know it's a pain but could you elaborate about the 'casino' special package? (Yes I noted the quotation marks)

The Casino package came with the release of Poser 7SE. Props one might find in a casino, martini glass and chips, etc. I can't remember if the Roadster figure automobile came as part of the Casino package or not. There is formal ware clothing for G2 Simon found in the props library P7 Male Clothes... Simon G2 is found in the Character library.

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner. Renderosity didn't send me notice, although I did recently get junk mail from them....

Hope the content issue gets cleared up. Everyone should back up their runtimes. I use SyncBack. Great little program; there is a free version at 2 brightsparks dot com//freeware.

post script: funny, 'Renderosity' and 'runtimes' plays merry hop with spell check here.

VedaDalsette posted Tue, 08 October 2019 at 8:49 AM Online Now!

I'm such an idiot. I misunderstood the InstallMinimum_Basic file. I thought that was a minimum installation of Poser. If I'd looked sooner, I'd have seen it was minimum content. Now I have to check it all out, especially my magnet issue. C'est la guerre.

VedaDalsette posted at 8:46AM Tue, 08 October 2019 - #4366356

I did the update and the next one and the next one. I was missing stuff (like P8 Lights and all the previous Poser lights and P6 James skullcap alpha file) but mostly I'm missing the object files for Pauline, Paul, Roxie, and Rex. I tried using the Pauline casual version and Poser was looking for these files which I couldn't find in Textures: head_displacement_00148.tif, Head-diffuse-4096.PNG, PaulineCornea_BUMP.png, PaulineEyes_SPEC.png, PaulineIris_BUMP.png, arms_height_0015.tif, Arms-diffuse-4096.PNG, torso_height_00203.tif, Body-diffuse-4096.PNG, legs_height_00219.tif, Legs-diffuse-4096.PNG.

ALSO, my magnets (when I do Create Magnet) are messed up. The mag zone is lower than the body part it's affecting. Don't know how to fix that.

Will we get the missing files? I've updated three times, I think, already.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

ruscular3d posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 10:29 PM

I reinstall poser to my secondary drive as I was running out of space on the Primary drive SSD card. How do I set the secondary drive for all the purchase items to install automatically from poser library last tabs.

ghostman posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 3:22 AM

ruscular3d posted at 10:21AM Fri, 12 June 2020 - #4391589

I reinstall poser to my secondary drive as I was running out of space on the Primary drive SSD card. How do I set the secondary drive for all the purchase items to install automatically from poser library last tabs.

From what i understand it will install them where you directed your Poser Content folder to be installed.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

ruscular3d posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 7:39 AM

Then I am puzzle why my primary drive shrink as I install them and setting up the content drive on the secondary drive, I also set the temp drive to the secondary drive. I still see the primary drive shrinking during the install?

ruscular3d posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 8:34 AM

When I install poser I setup the content file to be in the secondary drive, but when you use the purchase content tab in the library to load all your purchase it will create a new content folder on the primary drive. I check the registry and it says the content drive is on the secondary drive. But it is still creating the content drive to the primary if you load it from the library. There should be another option to set it up.