Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Mac OS X Catalina

biggeralex opened this issue on Jan 06, 2020 ยท 8 posts

biggeralex posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 6:42 AM

Hi, I would like to update to 10.15 Catalina, but I understand it won't run 32-bit applications: I know Poser 11.2 is 64-bit, but is the Poser Library 32-bit? Briefly, is it safe to upgrade? Thanks

structure posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 9:52 AM Forum Coordinator

I am of the understanding that there are a number of people running poser on Catalina,

check out

poser apple future

Poser Catalina

Catalina assistance

Do a forum search using Catalina as your search term for more topics

Locked Out

biggeralex posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 11:09 AM

thanks Structure

LeeMoon posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 3:41 PM

My primary Mac for Poser is running Sierra, but I do have a MacBook running Catalina that I use with Poser. Poser Pro 11.2 runs well on it, including the built-in library. I do need to get the latest public update to Poser as my build is around 11.2.320, I think. Do note that there are now alpha release builds of Poser Pro specifically for testing with Catalina. I'm not brave enough to try those yet. 😀

Lee

biggeralex posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 7:17 AM

Thanks Lee

an0malaus posted Sun, 12 January 2020 at 9:30 AM

People should also be aware that some of the older macOS versions are getting 32-bit averse. I'm still running macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and I can no longer run Hexagon, which is supposedly both 32 and 64 bit, but now completely fails to launch, bouncing its icon in the dock forever until I force quit it.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Kerya posted Mon, 13 January 2020 at 12:25 AM

an0malaus posted at 12:23AM Mon, 13 January 2020 - #4376326

People should also be aware that some of the older macOS versions are getting 32-bit averse. I'm still running macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and I can no longer run Hexagon, which is supposedly both 32 and 64 bit, but now completely fails to launch, bouncing its icon in the dock forever until I force quit it.

Hexagon is still 32 bit, only the Beta Version for Windows is 64 bit ...

an0malaus posted Mon, 13 January 2020 at 1:54 AM

Thanks for that confirmation @Kerya, DIM wasn't being any help an Sierra doesn't complain, it just doesn't run. :-(

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.