Forum: Community Center

Subject: Pop-ups At Bottom of Screen...

RodS opened this issue on Feb 21, 2020 ยท 56 posts

RodS posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 1:18 PM

Today, I've started seeing pop-ups at the bottom of the screen when I'm looking at gallery images. There's a title in small text on the upper left of the pop-ups that says "infolinks" and it appears to be ads for sites like Redbubble. I get it with MS Edge and Google Chrome, but it doesn't seem to happen with Firefox. It's really annoying.

Is this a new 'feature' or (as I suspect) someone has hacked into Renderosity somehow? Thought you might like to know..

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

DustRider posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 1:43 PM

I just started a thread on the same topic. I haven't installed Firefox on this computer yet, it looks like I may have to.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

RodS posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 2:07 PM

I did a little research - Infolinks seems to be a legitimate advertising company, but it's still annoying. After a quick scan of my system, I did click the little question mark on the pop-up which (as expected) took me to Infolink's page. At the bottom there's a link to click that says 'I don't want to see ads on this site.' I've not seen any pop-ups since. I'm also re-scanning my system just to make sure.

Renderosity, if you are working with Infolinks, you might want to reconsider.... Just sayin' ?

CHMedia posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 2:39 PM

Hey, I am responding to let you all know that we are just doing a test.

RodS posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 2:49 PM

PLEASE, Please, don't have these pop-ups on every page? PLEASE?

CHMedia posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 3:04 PM

We understand your concerns. Rest assured that we are just testing at this time.

Richardphotos posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 4:36 PM

really bugs the heck out of me having to close it just to view the pages

Miss B posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:46 PM

RodS posted at 7:43PM Fri, 21 February 2020 - #4381301

I did click the little question mark on the pop-up which (as expected) took me to Infolink's page. At the bottom there's a link to click that says 'I don't want to see ads on this site.' I've not seen any pop-ups since.

Well, that didn't work for me, as it brought me back to Renderosity's Store, where I've not seen them, NOT here on the Forums. Oh and Rod, I'm seeing it with my latest version of Firefox, so I'm assuming it doesn't matter what browser you are using.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 7:02 PM

No, it's on all browsers - and all my machines. I've managed to stop it, but the point is - and I'm talking to you, CHMedia - we shouldn't HAVE to jump through hoops to not have our experience here ruined by these unwanted, intrusive, and annoying pop-ups. Is anyone listening?

Miss B posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 7:21 PM

Then it's odd that I couldn't get it to stop, and it took me back to the Store, and not the Forums.

I think if we had at least been given a warning that this would be going on, it would've stopped me thinking "I" did something wrong, until I saw both these related threads.

Butterfly Dezignz

Digital_Dames posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 10:00 PM

"infolinks" cookie they put into your browser to stop them has been considered malware for ages and info links considered intrusion ware.. Rendo's greed for more $$ from ads will end up finishing them off it this keeps up

RodS posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 2:55 AM

CHMedia posted at 1:43AM Sat, 22 February 2020 - #4381314

We understand your concerns. Rest assured that we are just testing at this time.

If you truly understand our concerns, take a good long look at the other thread concerning this issue. Members are becoming truly angry, and vendors are losing sales. Stop and think about it. YOU have a gallery here. Do you want YOUR artwork obscured by these annoying pop-ups? Are the powers-that-be TRYING to drive members away? A few curt responses like "We're testing" or "Thanks for your input. it has been noted." followed by silence is doing nothing to illustrate that you "understand our concerns."

I have been a member here for over 10 years. I am not trying to make trouble or tell you how to run your site. But with all the concerns of on-line security, identity theft, malware, hackers, and all kinds of other nonsense just to make a few extra bucks, members here are justifiably concerned. And not much is being done to allay those concerns.

Nightwind posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 5:54 AM

Well if this is a test, it failed. It's more than annoying, it's intrusive.

Miss B posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 1:27 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Butterfly Dezignz

SamTherapy posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 1:39 PM

I loves me some adblockers. 😁

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

shonsu posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 2:41 PM

I posted a topic on this as well today. If this is truly a test, then it's failed because I dislike pop-ups to point I won't visit the site anymore. A little difficult to do when you're a member (Prime) in my case.

WolaverJS posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 2:47 PM

THE new ad that covers part of what we DO want to see? Yeah? Well score the test and "F" for FAIL!

Anim8dtoon posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 8:59 PM Forum Moderator

I'm glad to see others posting about this irritating annoyance. It is ruining my enjoyment of the site. I dislike having to dismiss the pop-up every single time I go to a different page on this site. PLEASE get rid of it, and the sooner, the better! Thank you in advance.

RodS posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 12:22 PM

According to Jennblake we're going to have to endure this S##T for TWO WEEKS!!!!!!

I strongly suggest at least a TWO WEEK boycott of the RMP. I am seriously considering leaving Renderosity for good over this. (After over 10 years, and several thousand $ spent in the RMP) They have not only violated our trust, they have thrown it on the ground and ground it into the dirt with their boot heel. Renderosity has demonstrated conclusively that they don't give a damn how wee feel. We are merely a commodity to be harvested like so many sheep. And obviously they don't even have the common courtesy to grace us with a response.

This is beyond reprehensible, and it's a slap in the face to every artist, member and vendor here. Thank you sooooo much, Renderosity.

Anim8dtoon posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 1:22 PM Forum Moderator

Whiskey Foxtrot Tango??!? TWO WEEKS??!? I'd like to know what their explanation is for this travesty that's been foisted on us WITHOUT our permission! I think I will boycott the site, starting TODAY. I've HAD it!

RodS posted at 1:19PM Sun, 23 February 2020 - #4381583

According to Jennblake we're going to have to endure this S##T for TWO WEEKS!!!!!!

I strongly suggest at least a TWO WEEK boycott of the RMP. I am seriously considering leaving Renderosity for good over this. (After over 10 years, and several thousand $ spent in the RMP) They have not only violated our trust, they have thrown it on the ground and ground it into the dirt with their boot heel. Renderosity has demonstrated conclusively that they don't give a damn how wee feel. We are merely a commodity to be harvested like so many sheep. And obviously they don't even have the common courtesy to grace us with a response.

This is beyond reprehensible, and it's a slap in the face to every artist, member and vendor here. Thank you sooooo much, Renderosity.

RodS posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 1:38 PM

And, no... I won't be leaving the site - especially after..... shall we say, recent voting results. But I am, along with many, many others DEEPLY disappointed with this entire episode. I do hope the powers-that-be take a good, long look at the damage to our trust this "testing" has done.

I'm pretty much done posting in this thread for now. No one in charge of any of this seems to care how we feel.

Anim8dtoon posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 3:13 PM Forum Moderator

Peeps, I found a very quick and simple fix--just get an ad blocker for your browser. That's what I did for Safari, and presto! The annoying Infolinks pop-up is HISTORY! Now I'm mellowed out 😀

FlagonsWorkshop posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 3:46 PM

Just added an ad blocker to firefox, It might knock out some other ads here also. Too bad. Let me know when the test is over.

FlagonsWorkshop posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 3:49 PM

Yep, it sure did. It knocked out all the Rendo side banner ads. I suggest you might want to cut the test short, and make sure we all know about it. The blocker stays on until it's gone.

CHMedia posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 2:10 PM

We apologize for any frustration during our two-week test.

RodS posted at 2:07PM Mon, 24 February 2020 - #4381348

No, it's on all browsers - and all my machines. I've managed to stop it, but the point is - and I'm talking to you, CHMedia - we shouldn't HAVE to jump through hoops to not have our experience here ruined by these unwanted, intrusive, and annoying pop-ups. Is anyone listening?

CHMedia posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 2:15 PM

We understand and apologize for any disruption. I have let our marketing department know all of your concerns. Your voices have been heard.

RodS posted at 2:11PM Mon, 24 February 2020 - #4381396

CHMedia posted at 1:43AM Sat, 22 February 2020 - #4381314

If you truly understand our concerns, take a good long look at the other thread concerning this issue. Members are becoming truly angry, and vendors are losing sales. Stop and think about it. YOU have a gallery here. Do you want YOUR artwork obscured by these annoying pop-ups? Are the powers-that-be TRYING to drive members away? A few curt responses like "We're testing" or "Thanks for your input. it has been noted." followed by silence is doing nothing to illustrate that you "understand our concerns."

I have been a member here for over 10 years. I am not trying to make trouble or tell you how to run your site. But with all the concerns of on-line security, identity theft, malware, hackers, and all kinds of other nonsense just to make a few extra bucks, members here are justifiably concerned. And not much is being done to allay those concerns.

RodS posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 6:50 PM

Thank you very much for passing our concerns along to them.

adorety posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 8:17 PM

@CH Media. Are you going to let us know what this "test" is? Are you testing our patience? Our tenacity? Our hatred of pop up ads where they do not belong? As a paying prime member I'm particularly annoyed that ANY pop up ads show up. Local vendor ads are fine, anything off site is a no no.

adorety posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 9:05 PM

A two week test?! Sorry even though I've found some time to participate here finally, I'll be back in two weeks when this "test" is over. It is overwhelmingly annoying and distracting.

CHMedia posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:36 AM

I understand and have informed our marketing team of your concerns.

adorety posted at 11:31AM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381746

@CH Media. Are you going to let us know what this "test" is? Are you testing our patience? Our tenacity? Our hatred of pop up ads where they do not belong? As a paying prime member I'm particularly annoyed that ANY pop up ads show up. Local vendor ads are fine, anything off site is a no no.

BKE posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 8:27 AM

DO I SEE A DAZ ATTITUDE GROWING HERE? I STOPPED GOING THERE BECAUSE OF THEIR DIREGARD FOR THEIR MEMBERS. I' M AFRAID I MAY HAVE TO FIND A NEW HOME IF THIS ATTITUDE PREVAILS. DISREGARD FOR THEIR MEMBERS RESULTED IN HIVEWIRE. CONSIDER WHAT THE LOSS OF MEMBERS AND REVENUE COULD LEAD TO. JUST SAYING. IT' S BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS. WHAT NEWS OF THE RESULTS OF THE TEST? WILL IT BE ENDING?

Miss B posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 11:45 AM

CHMedia posted at 12:42PM Sat, 14 March 2020 - #4381793

I understand and have informed our marketing team of your concerns.

adorety posted at 11:31AM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381746

Yet, we are still seeing these annoying popups! It's now been roughly three weeks, and even though there are fewer of them, they are still there, and none of their subject matter has ANYTHING to do with Renderosity, its products, or its customers.

PLEASE end this test, or it will be more weeks before I'm back to check these forums.

Butterfly Dezignz

bakapo posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 1:02 PM

Hello? It's been over 2 weeks... the pop-ups are still annoying.

TwiztidKidd posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 6:50 PM

Miss B posted at 6:47PM Sat, 14 March 2020 - #4383543

it will be more weeks before I'm back to check these forums.

I'm just gonna have to eat all this chocolate by myself lol

bonbonsS.JPG

Miss B posted Sat, 14 March 2020 at 10:31 PM

The heck you will!! ~grabs half the chocolate and runs out of the room~

Butterfly Dezignz

byheart posted Sun, 15 March 2020 at 11:05 PM

how about stopping the testing . . . I complained about them when you first started testing and I'm still complaining; I was just trying tofind something in the freebies section that wasn't in the stores . . . I would have to try to download something 3 or 4 times before I could finally get it. Hardly worth the aggravation of browsing! I just search for what I need and get out!

DustRider posted Mon, 16 March 2020 at 12:48 AM

Since there are now fewer popups, my guess is that the "test" is over, and this is what they decided on. I for one don't need it, can't use it (and makes browsing with a tablet or phone extremely difficult). I may come back in another couple of weeks, or I may be done, not really sure. I was so excited to make it onto the art charts about a month ago, now I'm just sad to see what is happening here. Been here since 2003 IIRC, and I hate to say bye to the place I started at so long ago. I guess times change, and It seems Rendo has too.

😞

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

byheart posted Mon, 16 March 2020 at 10:18 AM

With you dust rider . . .

CHMedia posted Mon, 16 March 2020 at 2:11 PM

I do not have an official response yet, but I do know that the pop up was reduced. I will reach out to marketing for an official update on the ad. I apologize for the delayed response time.

BKE posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 4:56 AM

THERE HAS BEEN TOO LITTLE RESPONSE TO THE WISHES OF THE MEMBERS. I WAS LIED TO AND TREATED TO A DISPLAY OF A SIX YEAR OLD CHILD'S ATTITUDE OF "IT'S MY SITE. PUT UP WITH IT OR WE'LL BAN YOU" OVER AT DAZ.' I HAVE BEEN LIED TO HERE LATELY. I WON'T PUT UP WITH IT IN REAL LIFE. WHY WOULD TOU THINK I WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT HERE? TO THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT BE PAYING ATTENTION YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THAT I HAVEN' T POSTED OR PURHASED LATELY. IT NEVER BOTHERED ANYBODY TO LIE TO ME AND MAKE SMART MOUTHED AND CONDESCENDING COMMENTS TO ME IN THE PAST. I SEE NO CHANGE IN YOUR ATTITUDE, NOW. IT'S OBVIOUS YOUR PETTY POWER IS OVER RULING GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. REMEMBER IT MAY BE YOUR SITE, BUT IT ISN'T MUCH IF YOU CHASE YOUR MEMBERS AWAY. MEMBERS CAN DO WITHOUT YOU. CAN YOU DO WITHOUT MEMBERS? I HAVE ENOUGH HEALTH PROBLEMS I N MY REAL LIFE. I USED TO COME HERE TO HAVE A PLACE TO GET AWAY FROM ALL OF THAT. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THAT AWAY FROM ME

SamTherapy posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 11:35 AM

BKE posted at 4:34PM Tue, 17 March 2020 - #4383802

THERE HAS BEEN TOO LITTLE RESPONSE TO THE WISHES OF THE MEMBERS. I WAS LIED TO AND TREATED TO A DISPLAY OF A SIX YEAR OLD CHILD'S ATTITUDE OF "IT'S MY SITE. PUT UP WITH IT OR WE'LL BAN YOU" OVER AT DAZ.' I HAVE BEEN LIED TO HERE LATELY. I WON'T PUT UP WITH IT IN REAL LIFE. WHY WOULD TOU THINK I WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT HERE? TO THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT BE PAYING ATTENTION YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THAT I HAVEN' T POSTED OR PURHASED LATELY. IT NEVER BOTHERED ANYBODY TO LIE TO ME AND MAKE SMART MOUTHED AND CONDESCENDING COMMENTS TO ME IN THE PAST. I SEE NO CHANGE IN YOUR ATTITUDE, NOW. IT'S OBVIOUS YOUR PETTY POWER IS OVER RULING GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. REMEMBER IT MAY BE YOUR SITE, BUT IT ISN'T MUCH IF YOU CHASE YOUR MEMBERS AWAY. MEMBERS CAN DO WITHOUT YOU. CAN YOU DO WITHOUT MEMBERS? I HAVE ENOUGH HEALTH PROBLEMS I N MY REAL LIFE. I USED TO COME HERE TO HAVE A PLACE TO GET AWAY FROM ALL OF THAT. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THAT AWAY FROM ME

Capslock.jpg

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

CHMedia posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 12:58 PM

I believe the official response is going to be released from marketing today. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues with the pop-up ad 😉

Miss B posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 1:19 PM

YAY! YAY!! YAY!!! No more popups!!!

Thanks for talking to Marketing @CHMedia, as I've missed visiting the Renderosity forums regularly.

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 2:32 PM

Since I'm the one that started this thread, let me just add one last thought.

If, indeed, the "test" has concluded, I hope Renderosity's Marketing Team has learned what should have been obvious form the start. People hate pop-ups. I don't see them - or any other ads on the site - since I was forced to install Ad Block on ALL my browsers, on ALL my systems, including the mobile devices. Thanks to CHMedia for getting back to us, and to all who have posted regarding this "test." I truly hope it will never be repeated.

Everyone, stay safe out there. Hopefully this current madness will subside soon.

RodS posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 2:36 PM

LOL ? @SamTherapy...

Miss B posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 4:26 PM

RodS posted at 5:25PM Tue, 17 March 2020 - #4383829

Since I'm the one that started this thread, let me just add one last thought.

If, indeed, the "test" has concluded, I hope Renderosity's Marketing Team has learned what should have been obvious form the start.

You and me both, as well as every other member of the Renderosity forums whether, or not, they posted their thoughts here in this thread.

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 4:32 PM

Sending you some "virtual" chocolate, Miss B! ?? I'm avoiding the grocery store for as long as possible at the moment.... ??

RodS posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 4:34 PM

Yeah, don't let Rick have all that chocolate... Wouldn't want him to get a tummy-ache! ?

SchelleFire posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 5:00 PM

We have disabled the pop-up ads across the site.

RodS posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 5:23 PM

????????

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! We all needed some good news!

Miss B posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 11:19 PM

RodS posted at 12:17AM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383850

Sending you some "virtual" chocolate, Miss B! ?? I'm avoiding the grocery store for as long as possible at the moment.... ??

Here as well, though I have to go once in a while, or I won't have anything to eat, and forget about paper products. ~shakes head~

Oh and "virtual" chocolate is just fine. 😁

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 11:21 PM

RodS posted at 12:19AM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4383852

Yeah, don't let Rick have all that chocolate... Wouldn't want him to get a tummy-ache! ?

~ROFLMAO~ Don't worry about it, I never let ANYONE get all the chocolate. 😆

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 2:32 AM

Which proves beyond any doubt that chocolate is indeed more valuable than toilet paper... ??

Miss B posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 2:22 PM

😆

Butterfly Dezignz

SeanMartin posted Mon, 23 March 2020 at 5:23 PM

At the risk of being in the minority, I dont find them that big of a deal, honestly. I can click them closed easily enough. Face it: it's little things like this that ensure places like Rosity weather the coming financial crisis that's going to hit everyone pretty hard. In that regard, I have no issue with letting it go up so Rosity makes a bit off it, then closing it down so I dont have to see it.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Miss B posted Mon, 23 March 2020 at 11:37 PM

If it only appeared on the main forum and/or store pages when you first get here, that's one thing, but popping up with every single new page you view??? That's over doing it big time. Even once they reduced the amount of times you see them, it was still a waste of my time.

I also found on quite a few occasions, that the tiny little "x" you need to click to close it, is so small that I often wound up clicking on the top white border area, and was then taken to where they wanted you to go. That's a total waste of my time, especially since not one of those popups were about anything I'd be interested in.

Butterfly Dezignz