Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: A Poser Virgin needs help

deeahr2169 opened this issue on Mar 09, 2020 · 13 posts

deeahr2169 posted Mon, 09 March 2020 at 5:36 PM

Hi. Please don't think my comments are intended to be rude, but after some hours of frustrations I felt this might elicit some advice, though maybe the advice may not be that which I would enjoy... Just started trying to get tog rips with Poser 11 and already I find myself both confused and frustrated. Its obvious from the art that one sees that there is potential to be unlocked here, but the basics are really not that user friendly. For instance the user interface I am presented with when I first opened Poser has some differences to that featured in the latest tutorials that I can find, and so replicating what is shown is almost impossible. Also finding tutorials that start at the bog standard basic aint easy, my need is to learn how to navigate around the user interface, its little help finding tutes that explain more advanced things when doing something basic like returning to the previous scene is a mystery. Quite often I have found instances like this below…

Renderosity also has a variety of paid tutorials that range in topic and price (like Genesis 3 to Poser 11 for $6). You can find them here. 

The link leads to a statement saying

Sorry! We could not find any products for the specified criteria at this time.

Not a very encouraging start to my attempts to get into Poser is it? Perhaps someone might know of a tutorial that offers a simple guide to getting started that is suitable for absolute idiots like me….

Look forward to hearing from some people who are nicer than me