Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Nude Playing Cards Project......

TheWolfWithin opened this issue on May 14, 2001 ยท 76 posts

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 10:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=53182&Start=25&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

man o MAN......i've recieved an overwhelming response to my Playing Cards project......if you haven't seen what i mean, then follow the provided link (there's nude nekkidness, just so you'll know).....here's the list thus far of which artist has chosen which card.....

Vethril-Queen of Hearts ToxicAngel-Ace of Clubs SkoolDaze-Queen of Diamonds(???) darkjeanette-Queen of Spades Swannie-Red Joker thanks to EVERYONE who responded, and to those who might yet..........i'll keep this list updated as things progress..........

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 10:28 AM

one clarification.......SkoolDaze IS doing the Queen O' Diamonds........ ;)

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 10:49 AM

i'd like to add that you aren't necessarily restricted to the pin-up style......make the layout as elaborate as you like, so long as it fits on the card, it's in.....the idea is to capture the style of each artist who participates.....so just be yourselves, and let's see what happens....... ;)

br0ken posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 10:59 AM

Sign me up for the Black Joker. Is there a deadline?

Daio posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 11:31 AM

I'd love to do one of the male court cards - King of Hearts or Clubs perhaps.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Ghostofmacbeth posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 12:03 PM

Gotta do it nekkid? Just wondering ... I might be up for one of em

Destiny posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 12:06 PM

I'd love to do one for The Queen of Hearts? e-mail is destiny@s-way.com This looks like fun!!!!

Destiny posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 12:07 PM

Shoot...just realized Veth has the Queen of Hearts...how about the Ace of Hearts?

Poppi posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 12:50 PM

I'd like to do one. Just not sure what goes with Pop...pop...poppin'. Email: Poppibird1@Compuserve.com

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:03 PM

krakadarr......br0ken........Destiny........the cards you've requested are yours ;) ghostofmacbeth.....scantily-clad and half-nekkid are good also ;)......now then......here's the list as it stands at present.....

Vethril-Queen of Hearts ToxicAngel-Ace of Clubs SkoolDaze-Queen of Diamonds darkjeanette-Queen of Spades Swannie-Red Joker br0ken-Black Joker Destiny-Ace of Hearts krakadarr-King of Hearts Morris-King and Queen of Clubs King of Diamonds and King of Spades pending e-mail response

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:10 PM

almost forgot........br0ken.......nope, no deadline........

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:16 PM

Hairybiker has laid claim to the coveted Ace of Spades.........well, coveted by me, anyways.....hehehe....

Anthony Appleyard posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:41 PM

How about showing the Knave of Hearts in my frogman's kit? He would need it to sneak up the canal underwater to where the Queen of Hearts thinks she has kept her jam tarts safe. (Ref. the well-known poem and Alice in Wonderland.)

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:43 PM

LOLOL.........that's a riot, Anthony ;) latest update: cf2000 will be rendering the King ofDiamonds ........

Dr Zik posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:52 PM

Hi Folks! Wolf--I might be interested in taking a stab at the Jack of Spades. Please send me an e-mail with more information. Thanx!! Peter (Dr Zik)

Debbie M. posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 2:09 PM

Wolf, I wanna join in... give me anything that is left available... preferably a Queen of something... if they're all taken, just shoot me an ace of something, or anything else you have laying around. I'll work around whatever is available :) Thanks! Deb

Debbie M.

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 2:21 PM

Debbie......Ace of Diamonds, perhaps?????? Dr. Zik........the Jack of Spades is yours......i'll e-mail you this afternoon with a bit more detail...... ;)

spudgrl posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 2:42 PM

Count me in..like debbie give me whatever is still around. This sounds like so much fun. :) Great Idea wolf! Spudgrl km14@mindspring.com

Ghostofmacbeth posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 3:02 PM

Jack of Clubs for me? Can I? Hmm? Think it is still open S

Debbie M. posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 3:14 PM

OH BOY... Ace of Diamonds.... this is gonna be KEWL!! Thanks so much Wolf for throwing this little project together for all of us. Hopefully it will get me out of my "slum" :) Thanks again!! Deb

Debbie M.

Dal posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 4:29 PM

I'd like to do one too Wolf, Maybe one of the male cards? Whatever is left! Thanks! All the best Dal

Xena posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 4:57 PM

Whatever is left is fine by me...male or female :) Oooooo, this is gonna be fun! xena@ancientfuture.com.au Cheers, Xena

dawulf posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:12 PM

how about a 'newbie' card in there as well? If you all wouldn't mind, I'd like to take a stab at the 2 of Hearts...drop me a line at dawulf@adelphia.net!! dawulf

Xena posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:32 PM

PS..Can we do more than one each?

Hairybiker posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:37 PM

Ace of Spades just about finished and awaiting stamp of approval... :o) - Hairy

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:45 PM

Attached Link: http://13blackroses.shadowstaronline.com/hosted/SuitBGs.zip

Ghostofmacbeth takes the Jack of Clubs, and dawulf takes the Two of Hearts!!!!! Dal....there's still the Jack of Hearts and Diamonds.....hehehehe.....now then.....onward and upward.....a quick review of the thread should tell who's doing which card....... for those of you i haven't e-mailed to, i've provided a direct link to the backgrounds...they're zipped an din bmp format to preserve clarity....all of the Numbers of every Suit except the Two of Hearts and the Nine of Diamonds are fair game......don't let this distract you, but.....if you have ideas other than the pin-up/nekkid/fantasy thing we have going here, then perhaps we'll have a second go-'round......perhaps even a Tarot or two........or maybe (dare i say it???) an adult card game.........WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! LOLOL......have fun, peoples......... ;)

CarolineG posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:53 PM

Can I still join in? Would love a card in the color black, whatever is left.... Caro

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:58 PM

almost forgot.........do as many as you like....if we end up with duplicates, we'll have more than one deck........HA!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!! hehehehe........

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 6:07 PM

k.....here's an updated list....first come, first served insofar as making one of the remaining cards your main one..... Destiny-Ace of Hearts krakadarr-King of Hearts Vethril-Queen of Hearts 2 of Hearts-dawulf Debbie M.-Ace of Diamonds cf2000-King of Diamonds if i missed someone, let it be known......... ;) SkoolDaze-Queen of Diamonds Hairybiker-Ace of Spades darkjeanette-Queen of Spades Swannie-Red Joker br0ken-Black Joker ToxicAngel-Ace of Clubs Morris-King and Queen of Clubs Ghostofmacbeth-Jack of Clubs

milamber42 posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 7:50 PM

Cool Idea. Has anyone thought about the image for the back of the cards???

jewell posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 8:32 PM

Count me in. How 'bout the Jack of hearts? And can I be greedy and take the Ace of Diamonds?

TheWolfWithin posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 8:37 PM

jewell......the Queen of Diamonds has been taken, but......not the Jack of Hearts ;)

Poppi posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 9:08 PM

May I please be the jackette of hearts? I want that one...suits me...But, since I am female...May I be the jackette?

Poppi posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 9:11 PM

If I cannot be Jackette of hearts...will be Jackette of Diamonds. Thank you. This is a wonderful idea. You are really bringng this online community together.

Crescent posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 9:22 PM

Could I do the Jack of Diamonds? If not, I'd like to take the 4 of diamonds. Also, does it have to be full figure, or is a face shot okay? Thanks!

lalverson posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 9:58 PM

shucks I was gonna do a joker...Drat, might do it anyways

sadriel posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 11:45 PM

i'm in for whatever deuces are left folks :]

szeven posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 11:57 PM

Wheeeee!!!! May I join? I'd do seven of whatever is available.

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 12:56 AM

any and all are welcome.......give it hell, folks ;) as previously stated, if we end up with duplicates.....we'll have bigger variety for other decks.......it's all about fun and community......... ;)

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 12:58 AM

any and all are welcome.......give it hell, folks ;) as previously stated, if we end up with duplicates.....we'll have bigger variety for other decks.......it's all about fun and community......... ;)

Xena posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 1:00 AM

Lee you just HAVE to do a joker :)

desdemona posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 3:43 AM

Give me something to play, I do not care which card but I would like to have one :) BLACK if is possible :)))) THANKS! :::DES:::

RealitysPoison posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 7:28 AM

Me Too. Something Black, just pick any ol' one and let me know. Can't wait to get started. Ang (reality@realityspoison.com)

RealitysPoison posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 7:41 AM

Actually, can I have the 7 of spades? I'll do the club if no one takes it as well.

duesentrieb posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 9:37 AM

I'd like to do one card in each of the four colours, if possible. If only one card per person is allowed, I'd like to take hearts or spades. Don't care which cards, until it isn't a 'male' one (King or Jack).

Dr Zik posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 10:07 AM

Hi Folks! Wolf, can you post some information about what is needed for image dimensions, etc.? I can certainly look at my current er, "collection" of such cards to see what size they are--but should I work in actual size or will our images be scaled down to fit the card space? Will these images be primarily for online viewing (which means I can render them in RGB) or are we thinking of a print set eventually (which means they have to be done in CMYK)? I hope I'm not being a pissant. I already have a great concept for the Jack of Spades and I will start working on it as soon as I'm clearer on some of these questions. Thanx!! Peter (Dr Zik)

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 12:08 PM

Dr Zik......for gallery display, we're using the size of the backgrounds (downloadable somewhere in the middle of this thread).....once the entire deck has been done, they'll be made available for download and printing at a more reasonable size......how big i haven't deternined yet, being as i've been a bit busy e-mailing, answering questions, posting, and working on a few cards myself and haven't yet had a chance to rescale and print a few....they'll be just a little bit bigger than standard playing cards, this much i know.......i'd say that for now, concentrate on the design and such, have fun with it, save it, and worry about the printing when the time comes.....i'm working on that sort of thing each day as this goes on ;)

RealitysPoison posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 12:34 PM

Oh, what a perfect day. Broken hardware dongle here at work, so I have tomorrow off. Whoo-Hoo! Expect my seven of spades tomorrow, since I have all day to play (finally!) Since I didn't see anyone claim the 7 of clubs, I will give that a go as well. (Unless I missed someone taking it, and then just let me know.) Can't wait to get home. Only 20 more files to plot and I am on my way to play ;)

Jim Burton posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 1:16 PM

Hi Guys!- I'd like to do a set of all the suits- how about all of the threes? Dr Zik- as I'm sure you know, RGB will print fine axcept you have to be careful of the gamut, especially highly saturated blues and blue-greens that are outside of the CYMK gamut. Oh, talking about printing (and nothing to do with this project) has anyone elso noticed that many of the pages in DAZ's calender are way, way too dark to look good on a printed page, this month's for example. THey really should have printed them out and judged from the prints, what looks good on athe monitor (addive color) often looks too dark and contrasty on paper with subtractive color.

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 2:36 PM

hop on board, Jim!!!!!!!...fire it up, and let it roll, and all sorts of stuff like that there......hehehehe.......(the work day's almost over........i'm getting stupid)

duesentrieb posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 4:54 PM

Count me in for the Five of clubs, spades, hearts and diamonds.

Jim Burton posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 6:31 PM

Attached Link: http://digitaldreams.bbay.com/backgrounds2.zip

For those who are typographically challenged, I've made a set of numbers that can be cut and pasted on the backgrounds. Ive also taken the liberty of revising the card backgrounds, which are also in the zip, I've made the suit symbol half the size, as it seemed to me while it was very nice it was going to take too much room from the girls (or guys). I've also made the card size twice as big, so when if you use these resize it by 50% when you put you card in the gallery- keep a copy of the big one though, if these ever get printed out we will need the extra pixels. Anyway, I tried to match the very nice style of the suits with the numbers, feel free to use what you want. I would guess some are more intrested in doing the renders and not the numbers, which is why I'm putting this up. WolfWithin - O.K.?

AprilYSH posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 8:17 PM

really cool idea, how come no-one mentioned it in chat last night?!? :P so, if duplicates don't matter anymore, can we nab anything we please now? i'm gonna check this out further tonite. :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Vethril posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 8:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=53403

Finally, a few hours to play with this wonderful project. It is such a great idea, and I spent the day thinking about it, while working. When you do that, it's either agony or ecstasy, LOL! But I was enjoying my thoughts, and started the undies for Veth in her Queen of Hearts appearance. I needed some lace for straps on the undies and bra, so I tried a bit of Bebops to hold this together, and so far, I am pleased. Just fitting it properly, and making some lace of my own to join it with should put it together much better. Of course, with the right fellow about, it won't stay on her long! *laughs* What do you think so far Wolf? =P Some filling in with lace, stockings, and some other undies and frills should do I think. Oh, this is so much fun, and finally, a truly grand and enjoyable project to pursue. LOL, I'm in heaven! =P

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 9:09 PM

Jim.....if you feel that you need to change the background, then proceed ;) Veth.......looks as though the Queen of Hearts will be a royal doll....wooHOOO!!!!! hehehehe.......AprilYSH....duplicates of the face cards aren't that big a thing.....duplicates of the Court cards are as welcome as anything else, but will be held back for a second deck........but they WILL be seen and they WILL be included in a downloadable deck......everyone involved in this is exceeding my expections.....and btw, a lot of people are calling this my project......this simply is not so.......this monster belongs to ALL OF US......from the Kings and Queens all the way down to the deuces.........this project belongs to everyone who's become a part of it by creating a card, taking time to comment, or just peeking in and viewing our work.......cripes, i'm making a speech.......LOL....but i mean in......genuinely mean it......and thanks again to everyone for breathing life into the idea..........

Helen posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 10:56 PM

Getting in line here.. I will take one of the less popular ones if any are available.. I love a challenge. :) jodie@hunterlink.net.au

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

dawulf posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 12:58 AM

Two of Hearts (a newbie's attempt) alright guys, here is my Two of Hearts, I know it's nothing compared to everyone else's...but hey, being a 'newbie' and all, I think it turned out pretty good

szeven posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:03 AM

Okeee, I'll do szeven of hearts and szeven of diamonds. ;-O

duanemoody posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:32 AM

I want the eight of spades, for no particular reason.

Anthony Appleyard posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 2:19 AM

(0) When and where are these cards likely to be published physically on cardboard, and what price for? (1) Crumbs, this is a long thread. I haven't seen as many messages in a thread since the "firestorm" about the PPP software lock plan. (2) How many pixels wide and high should the card be? What radius in pixels for the rounded corners? (3) There should be a specification on font and type size for the corner indexes, or it will be too confusing for someone using the cards for a card game.

TheWolfWithin posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:37 AM

(0)they'll be available for download in FreeStuff....... (1)it is, isn't it??? i had no idea this would happen..... (2)somewhere along the middle is a link to a zip file.... (3)i personally like the variety of fonts....it furthers the individuality of each card and artist....... dawulf.....that's a far sight better than the stuff i churned out when i first started ;)

lynde posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:40 AM

I'll try to come up with the 6 of diamonds..we'll see how it goes...:)

Anthony Appleyard posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 8:21 AM

they'll be available for download in FreeStuff But then how to get them printed onto proper playing card blanks?

Jim Burton posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 8:32 AM

Gee, I find this a great project, and a lot of fun! I love the format and how all the cards look so far- they are the perfect size and presentation for mini pinups,I think. Anyway, let me make a couple of suggestions: Everybody stay with TheWolfwithins original size of 442 x 620 pixels high for the one they put in the gallery. If you still are working on a card, do it double size (884 wide x 1240 high) and keep a full size version. It could be we could get somebody intrested in printing these when we finished (especially if maybe we all donated the profits to Renderosity), and we are going to need rouph 300 dpi for the printing (how big is a playing card anyway, about 4" high?) Anyway, I see I already duplicated some of the numbers, oh well! I've got two more to do, maybe I'll even di more if things die down and some numbers aren't taken. I wonder if we got enough of these we could have a Gallery for them?

TheWolfWithin posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 9:20 AM

Jim....the question of a gallery has been brought up previously via instant message....i've wondered about that myself......perhaps if a pin-up gallery begins, then that'll be the place for them..... Anthony....that's a good question also....i'd planned on buying some coated card stock, using Paint Shop to set the cards up, then print them out......insofar as making actual playing cards.....that i don't really know about.....i don't know of any place on or offline that does that sort of thing, but as Jim has stated....it's a possibility.......you never really know what sort of people are eyeballing these galleries.......someone who works for Bicycle or Hoyle might well stumble onto R'osity and just wig out over these.......hmmmmmm.........Hoyle.....maybe we could scrape up a programmer from our ranks to write a poker/blackjack game using our cards......now THAT's something we can definitely shoot for......and it's also another 30 minutes worth of typing, so i'll leave it at that ;)

AprilYSH posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 11:32 AM

i just posted 6 of clubs but if that's taken i can just swap the number for another... http://www.renderosity.com/photos/GalleryImage53780.jpg

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Anthony Appleyard posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 2:11 PM

Herewith, as I suggested above. Ref. the well-known short poem and the book "Alice in Wonderland".

tbsro posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 6:35 PM

Somebody assign me one! I want to do one! Which one isn't taken? :) Tara

tbsro posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 6:36 PM

I might like to try a king or a seven of something. Diamonds maybe? Where are the blank cards?

tbsro posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 6:37 PM

Awww, darn. I found the link to the blank ones, duh! Okay, I'll make up one or two and if they're not taken, I'll post. :)

tbsro posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=53873&Start=1&Sectionid=0&WhatsNew=Yes

Here is my contribution. I decided on the King of Clubs. Posted in the gallery. Hope he hasn't been done already :)

ChromeTiger posted Thu, 17 May 2001 at 12:59 AM

Can someone please post or email me an updated list of what cards have already been done? After looking over the fantastic work so far, I've decided that my first major foray into the art galleries will be a contribution to what looks to be a really fun project. Thanks in advance...I look forward to getting in on this! ChromeTiger

lynde posted Thu, 17 May 2001 at 10:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=lynde

Well I made mine and it can be found in my gallery:)...question though, is anyone or has anyone done the Jack of Spades or Clubs yet? I had an idea for it but didnt' want to do it if those were already taken:)...anyway, let me know, if not I may try later tonight and see..:)

hugs to all lynde

Ghostofmacbeth posted Thu, 17 May 2001 at 10:34 AM

I am doing the Jack of Clubs S

Jim Burton posted Thu, 17 May 2001 at 12:24 PM

I just went through all the messages, here is the list of all the cards people have asked for: All 4 Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks, 7s, 5s, and 3s. 8 of spades, 6 and 4 of Diamonds, 2 of Hearts, Black and Red Jokers. In addition, there are already a bunch of duplicates in the Gallery, Wolfwithin has said that doesn't matter, after all, but my metholodical mind says you aught to reserve your card(s) with a message, before you start on the card. There are also a bunch that don't exist in any cards I've seen, like the 1 and 11! Let me make another suggestion though - put the words "card project" in your upload so a search will turn up this marvelous work! And if you already have one up without that you can edit it to include it. Incidently, also above there are a set of full size backgrounds, and my double-size alternate set (which should be half-sized for your Gallery upload), which also has numbers you can use, if you wish. This is a lot of fun, though!

lynde posted Thu, 17 May 2001 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for listing them all out;)...I was having trouble determining what was left and must have missed the message about those 2 cards...anyway, if it's okay with everybody else I guess I could just make the card a 6 of spades although if that is taken by the time I'm done it could be used for any other number...:)

hugs to all lynde