Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need a basic light set up for rendering with my GPU

RAMWorks opened this issue on May 06, 2020 ยท 97 posts

RAMWorks posted Wed, 06 May 2020 at 9:36 PM

I have a pretty powerful NVIDIA card. I'm not a fan of using my systems processor so I've been experimenting on trying to get a good set up for working with my GPU and I'm not finding any luck with in the render settings. I'm up to over 10 tries.

I have to say I LOVE the skin tone better with the GPU for starters but the graininess is horrible. I'm also have a devil of a time getting hair to render realistically, it's pretty blown out. I have 5 lights in the scene, I started out with a light set I found in my folder, loaded with like 37 spots lights and 4 distance lights. Seemed a bit overkill. So I deleted all but one of the spots, converted two of the distance lights to area lights and played around with the shadow settings for each light trying to get the hair to react to the lights better with darks and lights but to no avail.

For those that have been helping me, thank you. I'm coming from the DAZ Studio community and trying to get my head around Poser this late in the game but I'm determined so bare with me and again thank you for the help

Richard RenderSettins - L'Homme SAV Hair.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE