Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: DiffuseBsDF Cycles Shader

redspark opened this issue on Jun 17, 2020 ยท 5 posts

redspark posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 9:13 AM

Hi, I'm trying to replicate a material shader in Poser that I found for Blender. However they chain a DiffuseBsdf to a Shader To RGB node to translate the shader to color information. Is that necessary in Poser as I can't find that node? Thanks.

James

infinity10 posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 9:24 AM

Try the RGB Split node under Color .

Eternal Hobbyist

redspark posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 9:37 AM

Thanks.

J

hborre posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 9:47 AM Online Now!

Ditto. Also, be aware that not all nodes present in Blender can easily be translated to Poser. Poser does lack certain nodes and workarounds might be either node intensive or nonexisting.

redspark posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 4:23 AM

Yeah. I found that out pretty quick. I managed to simulate the same idea of the blender shader with FF nodes but couldn't do it with Cycles. Color Ramp was too difficult to duplicate. Separate RGB did not respond like Shader to RGB. And there was no solidify feature that I could see to create an inverted hull. Just to name a few. But I used the Diffuse Node from FF along with several math nodes, manually creating an inverted hull and was able to cobble together something that worked similarly to the shader I was looking at. It's an ugly beast that I will have to wrap a Python script around to make efficient but I would have preferred the Cycles nodes having existed. Instead of a few minutes, it took hours to recreate. :( May Poser 12 will have some more Cycles nodes.