Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: G8F eyes and vendor content issue warning

shedofjoy opened this issue on Jul 06, 2020 ยท 5 posts

shedofjoy posted Mon, 06 July 2020 at 11:44 AM

Sounds dramatic but i didn't know what was going on so this might help someone out. If you apply a vendors character to your G8F (complete with textures) and decide to use the eye materials from a different character (can be the same, as long as it's a different character) you will get a coloured ring around the iris (the colour of your previous iris), if you change the opacity of the cornea the ring dissapears, but you lose your reflections, this is annoying. Don't change the cornea, there is a fix for this and it's not Daz or G8F's fault, it lays with the vendors, don't get me wrong they do a great job, but here is the problem, MOST vendors when adding eye materials ONLY change the Iris colour and not any other part of the eye, so you keep the rest of the eye mats from the previous texture, the ring around the iris is infact the previous eye textures with only your new iris mat you applied. The only way around this is to apply the full material textures for the entire body of the eyes you want then select all five eye textures in the surfaces tab and copy them then press undo (the five eye textures should still be selected if not reselect them) then paste onto them, now you have the full eye textures of the eyes you want, and you can change the eye colours from that vendors character with no issue, but if you want a different eye colour from a different character you will have to do that process over again. Btw i have over 20 skin characters from various vendors and only two of them change the entire eye materials, and from one vendor i have two characters but only one works. If any G8F vendors are reading this can you please add all of the eye mat zones in the eye colour selection, i know you want people to use your content, but i like to mix my content and this doesn't allow that easily. Thank you. Hope that helps someone. stay safe

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.