Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Leave Victoria 2 Alone

willdial opened this issue on May 14, 2001 ยท 33 posts

willdial posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:20 PM

I have read countless statements of people ripping into Victoria 2, and it is undeserved. I will agree that Vicky 1 has an ugly start up face. But, that is what morphs are for. Vicky 2 has a very lovely start up face. And, Vicky 2 has a ton morphs that you can use to make millions of faces. In fact, It has morphs that allowed me to create a face that I was not able to do with Posette or Vicky 1. Also, I see a lot of people complaining about Daz's policy of not redistributing Vicky 2 CR2 files. I can understand why people are complaining, but look at it from Daz's point of view. With Vicky 1, a person needed the Vicky CR2 file and the Vicky object file. Vicky 2 is just a Vicky 1 CR2 file with new morphs and joint controls. If you were able to redistribute Vicky 2 based file, people would be getting the new Vicky 2 add ons without paying for Vicky 2. That would undermind Daz's investment in Vicky 2. If you want to make characters with Vicky 2 and redistribute them, it is still possible. Make the characters in Vicky 2 as you normally would. Just export any changes to a morph target. Then import the morph to a Vicky 1 character. You are now able to redistribute your new character. This way you are able to you use the new Vicky 2 morphs and Daz's work is not taken.