Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser History

JasonGalterio opened this issue on Jan 04, 2021 ยท 36 posts

JasonGalterio posted Mon, 04 January 2021 at 8:27 PM

I am trying to find reference pictures for the original Poser release. I've searched around the net, but haven't been able to find anything. The closest I can find is images of the Poser 2 manual and box.

The Wikipedia entry states that Poser 1 was only released for the Amiga, but I could swear that I purchased a copy for the IBM PC in 1995. I distinctly remember finding it on the rack at the J&R Music World back when they had dedicated stores for software.

The timeline also fits because my first entry into this software was discovering VistaPro v3 in 1994. I know I experimented with it for about a year first. At the time, it was the most I had ever spent on one software package. I think it was ~$150 at an Egghead Software. And purchased on a whim... with inflation that was over $250 in today's dollars.

The day is kind of burned into my memory because I had only just moved in with my future wife, was working a job that only paid $500 every two weeks, and had gone into the store to "just look around" while she was in a different store. That meant there was going to be a very rough conversation if I didn't use every dollar of that investment.