Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

davo posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 1:32 PM

Just a though here. Why not offer a free version of Poser for 3d enthusiasts? Maybe a stripped down version with say, limited lighting options or limited rendering capability, those are items you can get in an upgrade to pay for. I ask this because as a vendor who offers both DS and Poser versions of my products, the DS version outsells the poser version 2 to 1 or better. My guess is that there are two things that are drawing people to DazStudio. First off, it's free. If i was new to 3d and wanted to test the waters, I would most certainly go for DS. By the savings in cost of the software, I could purchase items to use in the program. This is not just a benefit to venders but to renderosity as well, they get a cut of sales. Second, DazStudio Genesis figures are pretty amazing in terms of rigging and conforming clothing that seems to just work without a lot of tweaking. There are some good Poser figures though, and a free version of Poser might entice new users to the marketplace. Just a thought. I really have always wondered why the makers of Poser never did that. Any thoughts? Davo