Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 3DCC MESSAGE

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on May 16, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Mesh_Magick posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:10 AM

"I deeply regret to have had to make this decision, but unfortunately my mind is made up. I cannot stand by and watch the creations of my fellow artists be used to make a profit for others without even the common courtesy to give credit to those creators. "I personally feel that others should follow suit, but I cannot make the decision to remove those files, only they can. This site is here as a community resource and that resource has been abused. Until such time as we can force people to consent to the terms of a liscense agreement that strictly prohibits the theft of another's work and other such things to protect our artists, not only do I not wish to place myself in the same position as others have unfortunately been placed in, but I feel it is my duty to do my best to protect the best interests of the other contributors to this site. If any contributors wish to do the same, you can email us at staff@3d-cc.com and request that your files be removed pending the relaunch of the site. Thank you. "I add that this is not necessarily the outlook of the rest of the 3D-CC staff, only my personal feeling on this issue." - Ron "DraX" DeFreitas responce That's because some people are pissing off others by not giving them credit for the work they did to the poser figure. I think some people deserve credit for what they do but lets remember who really owns the figures even if you did morph it up or texture it or add props to it. Some people act like once they do this they suddenly own all exclusive rights to the figure. Sure thanks nice figure I wont post or lay claim to it or sell it, These are the basic rules within respect of what someone does to a poser figure..... But DAMN guys, Marvel Comics, DC Comic, Image Comics,Darkhorse comics ect owns their characters too, Let not let some people over stipulate what they think they own ok?