Sun, Oct 6, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: One glass shader to rule them all

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2021 at 5:25 PM

Oh those look great Veda. The HDRi colors are showing through the diamonds, and they're really adding a lot to the gems. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2021 at 6:08 PM

Thanks, Miss B. It's parkdalegardener's fabulous mat.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2021 at 7:42 PM

I figured as much, and I plan on trying it out myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2021 at 8:53 PM

I just use my own free super shader (Poser 11) or Principled BSDF in Poser 12. P12 Bottles 2.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2021 at 9:43 PM

Beautiful, ghostship2! I love your freestuff Superfly pool waters and salt flat (well, all of the mats, but these in particular).

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2021 at 6:04 AM

Ghostship I showed the Principled BSDF for glass earlier in the thread. Your super shader is great but we've moved on past glass. It's dispersion as regards to diamond now. Unfortunately, your shader does not do dispersion. To the best of my knowledge; dispersion in crystal is not directly possible in cycles via shader node, and as such requires a work around as shown in the shaders above. If you have a diamond mat for your super shader by all means show us. That is the purpose of the thread.

Veda, looking good.

Miss B, the whole thing is based on an old BB thread for dispersion in Firefly I read some years ago. Might have been RDNA but I had thought it was here. You would do the same thing in Blender but with a colour ramp node you could increase the "fire" to include the entire spectrum in addition to the three primaries shown here. Add more wavelengths (colours) to the shader shown above by adding in more of the modular blocks. Glass, Glossy, Refraction. Any of those nodes can fake the dispersion. Refraction is the "correct" method as that is the physics that produces the effect in reality.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2021 at 12:47 PM

parkdalegardener posted at 12:47PM Thu, 13 May 2021 - #4419069

Miss B, the whole thing is based on an old BB thread for dispersion in Firefly I read some years ago. Might have been RDNA but I had thought it was here. You would do the same thing in Blender but with a colour ramp node you could increase the "fire" to include the entire spectrum in addition to the three primaries shown here. Add more wavelengths (colours) to the shader shown above by adding in more of the modular blocks. Glass, Glossy, Refraction. Any of those nodes can fake the dispersion. Refraction is the "correct" method as that is the physics that produces the effect in reality.

More good info to know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2021 at 1:14 PM

I wrote a lot about this. Sadly - got deleted. I don't have the energy to post it a 3rd time.

image.png

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2021 at 1:41 PM ยท edited Thu, 13 May 2021 at 1:42 PM

Unfortunately, the link to the shader, and more explanations, isn't active anymore, since SmithMicro closed the forum when Bondware obtained ownership of Poser, or very shortly thereafter.

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.