Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 SuperFly issue with fix

2nd_World opened this issue on Oct 27, 2021 · 29 posts

2nd_World posted Wed, 27 October 2021 at 3:52 AM

Hello everyone.

A customer of me ran into a Poser 12 SuperFly issue or bug. I've already reported it to the developers but I want to share it with you anyway in case you run into it too.

When a rigged character has one or more ambient light materials it causes an issue when not all of that model’s body parts have “light emitter” enabled on the properties tab.
Having this combination on any model will result in a dark gray/black render where only the highlights are visible.

This airplane for example. The main fuselage body part with lights like landing, taxi and navigation lights has the “light emitter” option enabled. But the seats, rudder, flaps, wheels etc. have it disabled because they don't require light emitting. When I enable the ambient light materials to simulate the lights, the render goes wrong.
It's dark, and only the ambient materials, some reflections and highlights seem to be rendered.
Easy to fix by enabling "light emitter" on all body parts of the model, but I hope the developers will implement a fix in the next update.

Best regards,
Sander.