Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: G8F expressions to G8.1F

shedofjoy opened this issue on Nov 01, 2021 ยท 3 posts

shedofjoy posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 11:48 AM

After converting one of my characters to Genesis 8.1 Female i have to say i regret wasting my time. the "new" facial rig, which from what i can tell is just some morphs in "expressions 8.1" are no where near as good as the results i would have got from the older expressions and expressions that i bought for G8F that now don't work.

Having expressions that i bought was annoying, but i thought lets just see what i can do with the new expressions, and here's where i ran into an issue,

all i wanted was an open mouth wide smile with the teeth closed but lips parted, But there's NO open mouth morph....??? the Visemes dont do what i want, and there are no other expressions to adjust it to what i want, there is only one smile morph, pretty useless, and no way except for shaping to alter the mouth, which is pointless, why should i be shaping the face when i want to pose it?

For now i think im going to have to ditch G8.1F as there seam to be no benefits if i can't even produce expressions that i want, where as i can with G8F and all of the previous figures in my daz stable. i see no point in using G8.1F due to this backward step.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.