Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Looking for an older freebie

Katsuyaki opened this issue on Nov 09, 2021 ยท 11 posts

Katsuyaki posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 1:10 AM

I hope this is the right place to put this, and please excuse me if it's not.

I am looking for a freebie from about 5 years ago. I believe it was a Christmas freebie from 3-D-C, and it was an alien slime pit -- basically a crater filled with fluid. It was super cool, and I stupidly lost it. I contacted 3-D-C some months ago, he vaguely recalled it, and that was the last I heard. I have searched the forums with every keyword I can possibly think of, and it seems to be gone.

Does anyone recall this? More importantly, does anyone HAVE it, and is willing to send me a copy?

Thanks very much...

hborre posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 7:55 AM

Check ShareCG.com.  3-D-C does have some content posted there and it could be among them.

RFreise posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 7:57 AM

Have you tried here https://sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=pgmeri01&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

Maybe this is it https://sharecg.com/v/47490/gallery/11/Poser/UnderworldHell-Add-on-Alienspace-Extension-01

Katsuyaki posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 5:53 PM

Thank you. I have looked at ShareCG and Renderosity's freebies, and it's not there. 3-D-C has a very similar but older prop called "The Swamp" which I've tried, but it's not the one I had. The one I'm looking for is circular and looks very much like a crater with a speckled greyish texture and a textured morphing fluid plane; the one still available is oblong and looks kind of like a bathtub. I'm certain that it was a Christmas give-away here on Renderosity about five or six years ago, but I'll be damned if I can find it again. I always want to say that it was called "alien slime pit" or something similar.

Cobbler3D posted Tue, 09 November 2021 at 6:05 PM

About how large is the diameter of the  circular pool/pit is it?

Katsuyaki posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 7:48 AM

Cobbler3D posted at 6:05 PM Tue, 9 November 2021 - #4430227
About how large is the diameter of the  circular pool/pit is it?
It's about the size of a hot tub, compared to the base G3F/G3M figures. I'd say it was about 6 or 7 feet in diameter, and maybe 3 to 4 feet deep.

Cobbler3D posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 9:42 PM

Ah ok,

I actually organize a lot of my scene prop collection by size, i will see if I have it...

Katsuyaki posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 11:17 PM

Cobbler3D posted at 9:42 PM Wed, 10 November 2021 - #4430304

Ah ok,

I actually organize a lot of my scene prop collection by size, i will see if I have it...

Much appreciated. It's just driving me nuts that I can't locate it again. For whatever reason, it didn't copy over when I transferred my collection over to a new set of drives, and I've already recycled the old ones, so there's no way to recover it.

bwldrd posted Thu, 11 November 2021 at 4:57 AM

I beleive I have it, see attached image. But if this is it, you will need to have the author (3-D-C) sitemail me informing me they don't mind me sharing it, as there is a no-share license in the readme included with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

bwldrd posted Thu, 11 November 2021 at 5:12 AM

Scratch that, the file I have is incomplete, it is missing the OBJ that the prop references to load.

For reference the file I have is named tdc-alienswamp_53064.zip .. From Dec 2018

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Katsuyaki posted Thu, 11 November 2021 at 7:06 AM

That's it! And yeah, I forgot that the original file was missing the OBJ -- I had to contact 3-D-C about it at the time he released it. Thank you very much, I'll send him a note.