Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Speaking of private parts... a heads up (so to speak)

SamTherapy opened this issue on Dec 31, 2021 ยท 18 posts

SamTherapy posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 10:00 AM

I bought Ali's Bella figure from Mankahoo yesterday, and very nice it is, too.  I like to have a variety of figures from different places for, well, variety.  

Anyhow, the thing works nicely, has some decent morphs and whatnot (although, IMO, it needs some more glute morphs but there you go), but the genitals, when switched on, always appeared black, even when I applied the textures.  I jumped through all kinds of hoops to get the textures on the bloody thing to no avail.

Now, big shout to Ali here, because when I contacted him about the problem, he got back to me very quickly with a new cr2 to try out.  Sadly, that didn't work, so then he sent me a complete new figure.  That didn't solve the problem, either, even after installing to a different Runtime.  For the record, I have 7 different ones, and like most people, some of them are a bit of a mess due to them being around since I first got Poser 6.

Rather than bug Ali again, I did a bit of poking around and found, to my surprise, the figure was loading in textures from an older, free version of Bella, which didn't have genitals.  What's really odd is the old and new figures are in different folders, textures are in differently named folders and, on my re-done install, in completely different Runtimes.

I deleted all textures from the new version of Bella and added them manually from the right place, rendered the bugger... same result.  Black, untextured lady bits.

Eventually, I went through every single Runtime and deleted all the old versions of Bella, geometry files, textures, cr2 files, the whole lot.  Good news is, Bella - the new version - now works fine and the genitals are as they should be.

It's strange that Poser would look to a different folder for the textures, and even across Runtimes.  Never had that happen before but well, Poser isn't known for being without quirks.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery