Sun, Oct 6, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: It's been awhile...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:05 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:31 AM

Between quitting my old job and starting a new one with Tesla in Nevada, uprooting my family and catching the dreaded COVID, I have been away for quite awhile.

But I am back, at least for now.

I have been doing nothing 3D related, so I decided to end the drought and try to make something.

I made Wiley Kitt... This one is based off some art work and concepts that I saw in various places on the interwebs. I used V4 and morphed her down to the appropriate size and added the cat features and fangs. The costume is all separate pieces, each one dynamic. I have always had problems rigging stuff for V4 so I just gave up on it.

2v4HonMOeTs2vwJNwt9qxBLkdH6ZOsxXSLS1ICfS.png

I also did this. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but I kind of like it...

Again, this is V4. I just started throwing things together. Some are things I made previously, like that god awful swim suit and the bracers. The cape and mask were added on just for something to add to the costume. Again, no idea what I will do with it, if anything.

qBP6qajAHZYhB6fUL399Ogis5cv3oxsfJLI8rThn.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:07 PM

And one of these days, I'll get off my lazy streak and install the rest of the P11 content I have been putting off due to the pain of manually installing all of that stuff.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:09 PM

It's really cool!

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:10 PM
Y-Phil posted at 4:09 PM Wed, 26 January 2022 - #4433829

It's really cool!

Thank you

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:36 PM

Welcome back, rokket.ย  I'm glad everyone is well in your neck of the woods.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 4:45 PM

WB, mate.ย  Good to read you.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 5:20 PM

Thanks all. COVID was a pretty good scare, but I think I got the omicron varient. It was only a day and a half and I kicked with Theraflu and plenty of water.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 10:04 PM

Hey stranger . . . glad to see you back.

Sorry to hear about your COVID bout, but glad it wasn't too debilitating.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 12:26 PM

if you have to catch it, this Omicron variant is the one. The symptoms were mild, it was gone in a day and a half, and now I have immunity against the Delta. The thing is, I am vaxx'd and boosted and still caught it. Makes you question all of this... just not out loud...

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 1:03 PM

Don't dismiss the severity of this disease so lightly.ย  This variant is cohabitating with Delta ATM and it seems that the current vaccines are not too efficient against it.ย  That's the reason there are vaccines being developed exclusively against Omicron.ย  There is no lasting immunity against either variant, you could likely be a breakthrough case if you don't continue to follow the guidelines to protect yourself and your loved ones.ย  Monitor your health closely over the next few months, even years.ย  You could become a long-hauler with health issues for years to come.ย  I know someone who was perfectly healthy with the exception of diabetes, contracted the Delta variant last year, and very recently needed an emergency triple bypass surgery.ย  He is convinced that it was CoVid that caused a decline in his cardiac health.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 1:13 PM

May I suggest to avoid any discussion around these subjects? I mean: I live in Switzerland and the informations we can read here and there are of the type:

the Government say get 1, 2, 3 doses/boosters/whatever it is called, or not,

and the science, which is at least allowed to get out ofย of a silence imposed by the media, says that the vaxx stuff is a lie since the start because of the kind of virus, except when the science is paid by you know who

and WHO which is still the source of total confusion when it comes to statistics on that sensible subject...

I'm asking this because I know that it is a very sensitive subject and I've seen too many "online wars" breaking out.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 1:39 PM

Yeah, let's not start a war in here. This is about 3D art, not political uhhhh... stuff.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 1:56 PM

Fair enough.ย  The scientist in me needed to chime in.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2022 at 1:04 PM
I hear The Wall playing somewhere

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Pรฉguy

ย Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2022 at 10:34 PM
hborre posted at 1:56 PM Mon, 31 January 2022 - #4434134

Fair enough.ย  The scientist in me needed to chime in.

I get it. But political thinking and expressing opinions gets threads shut down. I personally have never had a thread shut down and don't want to start that trend at all. Also, I agree with you, but it's not something we should discuss here.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2022 at 10:36 PM

I did a rework of the Blaze character. I am still trying to figure out a few things.

Mainly, do I want to keep this very sexual costume or give her something more along the lines of what Marvel would do with a character like Gamora or Scarlett Witch.dhrQj65zVLnnTuGWlyFTsP6J80NBePZ6GBgc3NFg.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 1:14 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 February 2022 at 1:14 PM

I am going to redo the cape. Originally, I was going to create some sort of shoulder pads thing, it morphed into the cape, but I am not really happy with it.

I also need to give her some sort of footwear. I am not sure which way I will go with that.

hUrBK9GiA6JOzM3dYjfjIcr0okr76GZuMnmeHcbC.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 2:22 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 February 2022 at 2:22 PM

Well, maybe that didn't go like i planned either...

PQT0Ufi77a3QoYeVXQVIpG0NnHlr2T0yBdYARwPh.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 3:00 PM

Well, you would like to have something functional and practical that matches the outfit at the same time.ย  Too long is cumbersome, the material can snag on objects and can be a liability if a villain manages to grab it.ย  Anything with shoulder pads just impedes movement and range of motion.ย  If she needs to rely on fighting skills, she has to maximize and focus her attacks/counterattacks as efficiently as possible.ย  Marvel has a tendency to forego capes altogether, but, then again, they have come out with some rather outrageous costumes.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 6:26 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

How is the cape staying on? It might look better if it either connected at the neck or had something attaching it to the shoulders. The rest of the outfit looks pretty good.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 8:01 PM

Do your fiction a favor and never compare it to a Disney Co. property in any way

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Pรฉguy

ย Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 10:31 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 February 2022 at 10:31 PM

JimTS posted at 8:01 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434294

Do your fiction a favor and never compare it to a Disney Co. property in any way

5g6gfwNbsAmzPy8UqadBqlxqH7vJq3q3t37F749F.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 11:45 PM

hborre posted at 3:00 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434276

Well, you would like to have something functional and practical that matches the outfit at the same time.ย  Too long is cumbersome, the material can snag on objects and can be a liability if a villain manages to grab it.ย  Anything with shoulder pads just impedes movement and range of motion.ย  If she needs to rely on fighting skills, she has to maximize and focus her attacks/counterattacks as efficiently as possible.ย  Marvel has a tendency to forego capes altogether, but, then again, they have come out with some rather outrageous costumes.

She is living fire and has literally trained herself to assume a human form. Her back story has her in love with my hero from before she attained her powers, and anything she does is pretty much just an allusion as far as her appearance goes. She can get to 3600 degrees Kelvin without taxing her abilities. This form was meant to mimic another female character I had, who wears pretty much nothing because she is omni-psyonic and doesn't need any armor or anything else to fight. It's all in her mind.

I did away with the shoulder pads because I thought they were too cumbersome. This cape was the first initial trial at something. I may just get rid of it, even though the other character has one:

she imitates her because she feels that the main character, also a super powered being, is attracted to her...

Tc1FQWVcmRiDk225W0Sblt6NdS1QnvSS7bLeJhYI.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 11:46 PM
RedPhantom posted at 6:26 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434291

How is the cape staying on? It might look better if it either connected at the neck or had something attaching it to the shoulders. The rest of the outfit looks pretty good.

This one is just a trial to see if I even wanted a cape for her. I may just get rid of it. I had some clips on her upper chest to attach a cape to, but I deleted them. I think if I decide to use a cape, I will put those back on...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 11:47 PM
primorge posted at 10:31 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434299

Alright, so where did that come from???

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 11:51 PM
rokket posted at 11:47 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434302
primorge posted at 10:31 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434299

Alright, so where did that come from???

I believe it was the mention of Marvel, now part of Disney.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 12:15 AM

Anyhow, back to topic... I'm always conflicted about female hero costumes.ย  The remit always seems to be to make them look sexy at the expense of practicality.ย  The guy in me doesn't object to seeing female flesh exposed but the literal side of me is always saying, "Hold on, is this supposed to be a fighting hero type or an exhibitionist?"ย  Reading through some old comic books recently, I noticed how many female characters are drawn with either very revealing costumes and/or in poses that look cribbed from adult pictures.

My own take is, if I was designing a costume for a female character, it'd be less revealing and more practical.ย  Definitely without a cape but possibly with a belt or pouch to keep stuff.ย  Everyone needs to carry stuff, right?

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 8:20 AM

I don't understand fighting female heroes. I understand female heroes, but any pugilism is a function of testosterone (rutting for females). I hate how, in the name of equality, our culture has assigned all the worst traits of males to females. A safer world would be the reverse.

And another thing. In formal wear, why are men layered in tuxedos while women are bare-armed, bare-shouldered, and often bare-backed? Why do women have to freeze or men have to sweat? What's up with that?

Oh, I just realized I'm not on Twitter now. Never mind. Have a nice day.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 9:25 AM
VedaDalsette posted at 8:20 AM Thu, 3 February 2022 - #4434324

I don't understand fighting female heroes. I understand female heroes, but any pugilism is a function of testosterone (rutting for females). I hate how, in the name of equality, our culture has assigned all the worst traits of males to females. A safer world would be the reverse.

I'm totally agreeing with that ๐Ÿ˜

And another thing. In formal wear, why are men layered in tuxedos while women are bare-armed, bare-shouldered, and often bare-backed? Why do women have to freeze or men have to sweat? What's up with that?

When I think to this, I feel that it's a world made by men for men, nothing else, and furthermore they would probably lose substantial financial benefitsย 

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 9:58 AM

Believe me, women do fight.ย  Throughout the animal kingdom there are numerous examples of females fighting to protect their young.ย  Humans are the same, too.ย  The key difference is, men fight to conquer, women fight to protect.

Over and above that, there are plenty of stroppy women who will kick off when they've had a drink or ten.ย  Walk around Barnsley or Newcastle at closing time.

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 11:25 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 February 2022 at 11:26 AM

SamTherapy posted at 9:58 AM Thu, 3 February 2022 - #4434327

Believe me, women do fight.ย  Throughout the animal kingdom there are numerous examples of females fighting to protect their young.ย  Humans are the same, too.ย  The key difference is, men fight to conquer, women fight to protect.

Over and above that, there are plenty of stroppy women who will kick off when they've had a drink or ten.ย  Walk around Barnsley or Newcastle at closing time.

Good point, Sam! However, I don't think you have my best interest at heart if you want me to look for fights outside bars. Here in the U.S., it's dangerous enough to go grocery shopping. We're never sure when some lunatic will gun us all down for sh**s and giggles (although our daily covid deaths are now far exceeding our insanely high homicide rates thanks to our RW media misinformation campaign). But I digress.

And Y-Phil, thanks for recognizing, basically, that females are the cooperators and not the competitors, and, yes, it's a man's world sadly. Brute force beats all.

Now, as far as formal wear is concerned, it'd be a nice change to see men in topless tuxedos and women in jacketed gowns/palazzo pants. It could be a whole new fashion line in RMP.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 11:33 AM

Most of the time, the worst it gets is some woman will start battering someone with a shoe.ย  Mind you, some of the shoes look pretty dangerous. :)

My Store

My Gallery

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 3:56 PM

I wish here in the U.S. people stuck to just shoe bashing.

Anyway, here's an idea for men's formal wear that corresponds to women's (exposed flesh, which leaves them chilly).

JD533fy9eOB2nYi3PPGwiAmVbMcdGXjDJioeZhEx.png

Old lady hobbyist.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 5:42 PM

Are you implying that they don't dress like that now?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 7:31 PM

Needs higher heels. :-D

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 8:54 PM

And earrings.

Old lady hobbyist.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 1:23 AM

Ha ha,,, it reminds of a pic I did a few years ago: "Random lottery: the Male Pinup"

mSnwjHpm7yVAcOTlBvN99cg65fm3TRnCVknl5gK3.jpg

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 7:18 AM

Nice DOF, and your pinup is simply fabulous! I hope he's an entry in the pinup contest.

Old lady hobbyist.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 7:45 AM
VedaDalsette posted at 7:18 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434374

Nice DOF, and your pinup is simply fabulous! I hope he's an entry in the pinup contest.

"Pinup contest"?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 8:14 AM

Old lady hobbyist.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 9:39 AM

VedaDalsette posted at 8:14 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434376

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/contest/?ViewContest=1586

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Crazy Idea... And I'm loving it => submitted ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 9:52 PM
hborre posted at 3:00 PM Wed, 2 February 2022 - #4434276

I'd already thought of losing the cape altogether.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 10:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 February 2022 at 10:02 PM

Along with the women fighting, remember that women are now in UFC and other MMA fighting organizations, and they have been a part of professional wrestling for years.

But this character is literally living fire. She doesn't really need armor or padded suits. Other than things that would normally kill a fire: water, CO2, things of that nature, she is borderline Mary Sue. Bullets pass through her like if you were shooting a campfire. Same with any projectile. And she can get hot enough to melt ANYTHING. But she does have weaknesses. She can be drowned, but it would have to be in the ocean, and you would have to keep her under there long enough. But if she can vaporize the water, it won't work.

The costume's origin was explained. My omni-psyonic character...

But I think I will keep the body suit, design some boots and call it good. I may even use the mask. She doesn't need or have a secret identity, since her human form was destroyed in the explosion that created my main character (more on him later... I am having a naming issue since DC already has a character I was going to name him).

Thorwald ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 10:04 PM
Y-Phil posted at 9:39 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434378

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I think the rules of the pin up contest state that they must be anonymously submitted and not posted anywhere else till after the contest so the voting can be done fairly.ย 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 3:47 AM
Thorwald posted at 10:04 PM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434400
Y-Phil posted at 9:39 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434378

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I think the rules of the pin up contest state that they must be anonymously submitted and not posted anywhere else till after the contest so the voting can be done fairly.ย 
If my male pinup makes a few people laugh or at least smile, that means that I've already won ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Thorwald ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 7:44 AM

Yes your render gave me a chuckle, very well done. I was just stating the rules of the contest.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2022 at 1:43 PM
Thorwald posted at 7:44 AM Sat, 5 February 2022 - #4434404

Yes your render gave me a chuckle, very well done. I was just stating the rules of the contest.

... and someone decided to throw it out. Never mind ๐Ÿ˜

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 3:22 PM

Throw out the render or the contest.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 4:07 PM
rokket posted at 3:22 PM Sun, 6 February 2022 - #4434490

Throw out the render or the contest.

Throw out the render. Not important for me ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 4:18 PM

Doesn't matter, we got a kick out of it!!!!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2022 at 4:19 PM

I am busy trying to catch up on all the business I need to close escrow, but I will try to update the costume and upload a render later

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.