Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Not All Of Scene Saved

MeInOhio opened this issue on Mar 28, 2022 ยท 10 posts

MeInOhio posted Mon, 28 March 2022 at 9:37 PM

The other day I created a scene and rendered it and exported the render. Then I saved the scene. When I re-opened the scene, all I had was the figure still posed and sitting in the dark. All the scenery and props were gone as well as all the lights.

While I was working on the scene, I converted Michael 4's textures using SkinEdit 12; a script for Poser sold at Renderosity.  The skin looked really good so I wanted to save it as a Mat file in the Pose Library since that's where the majority of those files live. But I wasn't sure about the choices I was going in the dialogue box, so I ultimately didn't save. I had unchecked some things in the dialogue box that I didn't want saved, because all I wanted was the Skin texture. I only mention this because I'm not sure if it had anything to do with why the full scene didn't save.

I created a couple of other scenes and I don't think I had any issue.

Then today I was working on a scene. I needed some water so I searched on how to make some (when I didn't find a shader in my library.) I added followed the steps and then saved my scene. I had more work to do on the scene. Later, I re-opened and all the scene seemed to be there. I used EZDome to create the BG and lights and then I tried to AREA render the water, but all I got was a tan square. I checked the material room, but not of the changes I made to the shader had been saved. For the water I was using a single sided square. 

Anyone have any idea why this happened. I don't think the square had more than one material zone, but I'll have to go back and check.

When I re-saved the revised scene, I re-opened it and this time everything was there just as I saved it.  And when I save, it is just a one shot thing. Poser isn't opening a dialogue box where I am choosing what I want to save.