Forum: Community Center

Subject: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/upload "Upload Item" not working

pjz99 opened this issue on Apr 23, 2022 · 14 posts

pjz99 posted Sat, 23 April 2022 at 4:22 PM

HI,the freebie submission form https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/upload "Upload item" button seems to have qut working. No error, no long prcoessing time or anything, it just does nothing at all now.  FYI thanks.

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sat, 23 April 2022 at 4:23 PM

ps I reset my browser between attempts so I don't think something is wrong on my PC or I'm filling out the form wrong

also sharecg seems to be down/unreachable for me so I guess it might be something between us

My Freebies

pjz99 posted Sat, 23 April 2022 at 11:28 PM

still a problem, and the ShareCG problem is pretty obviously not connection related nor related to this.

My Freebies

Wolfenshire posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 12:32 AM Site Admin

I'm using Firefox and it's been acting up on me since the last update. I was able to logon to Sharecg.com with no problem, but earlier I was having problems with Rendo upload buttons, they wouldn't work. I had to close and open Firefox several times before the upload buttons started working again.

I'm on Firefox 99.0.1

I also recall someone else saying they were having problems with Firefox, but Chrome was working fine. And, I don't know if it's related in any way, but after I updated Firefox, my Photoshop won't open because I'm out of ram, but the task manager says there is plenty of ram. No idea where the hiccup is, but Photoshop was working before I updated Firefox, so, I'm blaming Firefox for everything. Firefox probably caused climate change also. 'Fire' fox... yeah, there you go, that's why the glaciers are melting.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

pjz99 posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 3:28 AM

ShareCG is up but their uploader is definitely broken, it returns a message about the target directory not being present. This thing with the upload button here, I really doubt it's browser related, I've posted like 40 freestuff items here and this has never happened before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Freebies

Wolfenshire posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 4:29 AM Site Admin

It is possible something's wrong with the uploader, of course, but I'm looking in the pending files and see three items uploaded today and waiting approval, and eight items uploaded and approved yesterday. I've sent a note for the Freestuff team to see if we can't solve the problem.

pjz99 posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 6:17 AM

hmm maybe something is wrong with the file I'm submitting, thanks I'll try something different.

e: nope I tried with different files (files that I have uploaded here before and are still listed now, so I'm pretty sure these files are OK) and it behaves the same, I press the "upload" button and nothing happens.

My Freebies

wheatpenny posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 6:45 AM Site Admin

I just tried a test upload and it worked fine for me (I'm using Microsoft Edge), so I have no idea what could be causing the problem.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pjz99 posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 7:32 AM

thanks, I guess I'll try reboot / ctrl+F5 reload everything

e: Ok the problem is I didn't bother with a thumbnail because I figured it would auto generate one like the gallery does, but evidently it just won't allow the form to submit. It would be good if this gave you some warning or feedback of some sort like the other mandatory fields do! Anyway I won't make that mistake again, thanks.

My Freebies

wheatpenny posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 7:47 AM Site Admin

Glad you got it sorted out.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pjz99 posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 8:09 AM

thanks for looking into it just the same :)

My Freebies

Wolfenshire posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 9:16 AM Site Admin

It's always the simplest solution, glad you got it figured out. I've sent a suggestion to the Developer to add error messages on the upload form. And an auto generated thumb.

pjz99 posted Sun, 24 April 2022 at 4:32 PM

great, thank you!

My Freebies

Wolfenshire posted Thu, 28 April 2022 at 7:13 AM Site Admin

Update: We can't add an auto generated thumb to the Freestuff upload page; the aspect ratio is different from the galleries and wouldn't work. However, we will be adding the error messages to prevent any further confusion.