Forum: Poser 12

Subject: How to set up your Content so that you access it on several computers

Cosmasad1 opened this issue on Nov 13, 2022 ยท 7 posts

Cosmasad1 posted Sun, 13 November 2022 at 9:31 AM

Hello,

Following up on very helpful posts I've gotten from Rhia And blackbonner, I am wondering how to set up my content so that I can access it from several computers. I have 3 computers that I use intermitantly depending on whether I'm at home, work  or at my country house.  I've got Poser installed on all 3 but want to be able to access my content on all 3 and wondering what is the best way to do it.  For example, one idea is to put the content in a folder on Dropbox.  Alternatively I could put it on an external hard drive.  Are there any pros and cons there? 

I know that blackbonner suggested that "I select all files (the Included Content that one downloads off the Posersoftware.com website), and unzip them into one folder, which I keep separate on my external HD. I copy all the  unzipped content into the Public/ Public Documents/ Poser Content Folder. Don't copy the stuff into the runtime folder, that would be a mess.  Next thing is to start Poser and refresh the library. The content should be ready to use now."  

Any thoughts would be appreciated!