Forum: Community Center

Subject: Black Friday Deals: Daz Store vs Renderosity

IAmNobodySpecial opened this issue on Nov 30, 2022 ยท 4 posts

IAmNobodySpecial posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 9:43 PM

For anyone who's interested, i just posted a (rather long-winded) YouTube video on how the Daz Store's Black Friday deals compared to Renderosity's.

https://youtu.be/edmPQxg42hY

For those who don't want to watch the video, Renderosity won. By a long shot. I'll take "50% off everything for the next several days" over "Study a different calculus textbook each day to see what your discount is at any given moment".

All the best,

Paul

hmatienzo posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 11:06 AM

I agree, and I also do not like the "Buy something worth 100 bucks to get a dollar off" crap!  That is no sale!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

cSb1902 posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 12:28 PM

I prefered Renderosity's and Renderhub's nice and simple Black Friday sales over Daz3d's this year. The whole "punch-card" wierdness was just a turnoff, and I'm not interested in Gen9 (and most human-figure related products) at the moment. I don't know why Daz3D sales are getting more complicated, but glancing at related forum posts over there showed some customers did benefit from it - to each his own, I s'pose. Hopefully Daz3D will have something easier to deal with at the end of the year so I can finally put a dent in my wishlist.

Thank you for the video. Nicely done. Stay warm!

TwiztidKidd posted Fri, 02 December 2022 at 10:40 PM

:smile:

You are so funny, I love you man!!

Have a great weekend, my friend! ... and please keep warm!