Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: So many options but just need one to create a fit for hair

RAMWorks opened this issue on Jan 08, 2023 ยท 4 posts

RAMWorks posted Sun, 08 January 2023 at 1:06 PM Online Now!

Hi,

So I know that for most fitting options conforming hair usually looses morphs and what not so it's always suggested to parent the hair like a prop and resize as needed.  So my old brain and the fact I've not been using DS too much in the past couple of years left me wondering how to do this and saving that out as a preset if that's possible.  

Can anyone please advise me on how to go about this? 

I have the hair for Genesis 8 Female repositioned a bit to fit Dawn SE and parented to her head.  So I need a way to have this fit work to parent to the head when loaded and the translations to be adhered to also that I've set for it's positioning.  

Thanks so much

Richard 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RHaseltine posted Sun, 08 January 2023 at 2:38 PM

Save a Wearables preset.

Morphs are not removed by AutoFit, custom bones are - so a tail that has bones for posing will lose them, and any pose controls driving them will cease to function.

RAMWorks posted Mon, 09 January 2023 at 2:04 PM Online Now!

Ah, so your over this way too.   Hi Richard!  OK.  I thought about a wearable preset but I just thought it was going to save out the entire model, I just need the fitting settings!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RHaseltine posted Mon, 09 January 2023 at 3:26 PM

A wearables preset would load, postiion, and parent the model. If you want the settings then - depending on which properties were used - a Pose or Shaping preset might work; if both property types are needed then a Properties preset.