Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What I Hate about Poser is the stupid lights

MeInOhio opened this issue on Apr 18, 2023 ยท 27 posts

MeInOhio posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 4:46 PM

Why can't they be visible ALL the time? I need to see them, so I can point them at what I want. I want to select them and then look from the right, the left and the top so I can see that they are facing in the right direction. But I have a devil of a time even finding them so I can select them.

I added an area light. Couldn't find it. Looked all around. Turned off the Ground. That didn't help. I zoomed out. I zoomed in. Scrolled all around. Still couldn't find it. I don't know if you can turn off that tan background. Don't know if it would even help. I even set the bloody thing to a solid color, and I still couldn't find it. I finally set the parameters to 0,0,0 and then I finally found it. And it was solid yellow. I select and then turn the scene. Now it's unselected and gone again. I guess I unselected it by turning the world with that globe thing on the left. And now it's gone. I have found that I have to go up to the dropdown on the left in the property settings so that I can find it again. Why can't the bloody lights be visible all the time.

And it seems even worse with this update I just installed today. And the IBL lights seem different too.

I created a scene this morning. I was able to light it to my satisfaction with just the IBL. I got a notice about an update. I downloaded and installed. Decided I wanted to make some changes to my scene. Tried to render with the same lights, and all I was getting was the car headlights. Everything else was black. That usually means that the Ground is visible and it's blocking the IBL. But the ground was off. With this new update, I had to crank the IBL up to 1000% before I was starting to see things. In the version before this 100% was plenty of light. What changed?

So am I missing something with the lights? What can't they be visible all the time like the figures? What's the purpose of them disappearing when you click off of them?

Thanks!