Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: Runtime folders you admit to having....

TasiaDavin opened this issue on Jun 05, 2023 ยท 10 posts

TasiaDavin posted Mon, 05 June 2023 at 3:09 AM

Do you set up Runtimes for each main figure.. like... V3 and all her (admittedly huge!) amount of clothing and such? Or - a whole set of figures like V3, M3, F3, SP3, and D3 and the Young Teens because they would feel left out if not. Sometimes I wish for one way, but then again... You can tell how old my addiction is, sort of.

Thank you much!

PS.. putting this here for beginners and their budding Runtime addictions...

Y-Phil posted Mon, 05 June 2023 at 6:40 AM

- Vic4 and the likes
- Vic4's clothes
- any general-purpose props
- landscape-related stuff
- Erogenesis
- La Femme
- L'Homme
- old stuff related to Aiko3 & Aiko19, Terai Yuki
- Lights-related
- Sasha-16
- Dawn
and many old labyrinths, inherited from the past (Poser 7, Poser Pro 2010-> 2014), those I don't touch anymore - lol
"Poser 7" being the worst runtime, collecting everything from Poser 4 to Poser 7, with a huge error: trusting vendors' structure in their ZIP files.

Never again 

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ

RedPhantom posted Mon, 05 June 2023 at 7:08 AM Site Admin

I have a lot of runtimes. One for each figure, then others based on type. And I have several temp runtimes that I'll use to unzip files to use before sorting.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

vikinglady posted Mon, 05 June 2023 at 1:35 PM

Oh!  Cool! ๐Ÿ˜Ž! ๐Ÿ‘!

Lot better organized than when I had Poser. 

Maybe put a pin ๐Ÿ“Œ in this so won't fall off the front page?

TasiaDavin posted Mon, 05 June 2023 at 9:34 PM

Hahaha, yeah, that looks like the way of it, @Redphantom!   And I concur YPhil.. I am really thinking that some of the stuff has been migrating into my sorted out bins without being tackled for misfit structures at this stage! Grr!

Thanks!

Y-Phil posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 2:21 AM

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be even more optimized (understand: faster) to keep everything sorted precisely, such as RedPhatom's method, but with one major detail:

all Geometries and Textures folders in one, unique Runtiime folder, in which everything is empty except those two. And with that runtime being in, let's say second position (let's keep Poser actual content first, where are managed the Favorites, which is another gem for fast-access)

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ

TasiaDavin posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 3:58 AM

Oh!  Hmmm.. given me more to think on YPhil!  Thanks!

RedPhantom posted Tue, 06 June 2023 at 7:19 AM Site Admin

I'll admit, I do have a lot of the geometry and texture files in the main runtime. That's more because I'm lazy than speed. I have a tendency to download files as I  run across them but not install them unless I need them. Then when I have a large group, I'll unzip them all at once into one of my temp runtimes and eventually sort them out. But rather than trying to figure out which geometry file and texture file goes with which item, I dump them all into the main runtime. The only time I've had problems with doing that was with wardrobe wizard, which I don't use anymore.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

NikKelly posted Wed, 07 June 2023 at 3:19 PM

A sprawling, multi-drive archive of folders, many with a run-time which get linked in/out to Poser as required.

This allows me to mostly organise imports / format ports with their Zip/RAR, origins etc etc, handle OBJ+MTL plus texture models, ported FBX etc etc.

I try to keep actual Poser P_11.3 run-time as lean as I can....

RedPhantom posted Wed, 07 June 2023 at 5:44 PM Site Admin

My scenes are too cluttered to do that. I usually have things from several runtimes in my scenes.