Forum: Community Center

Subject: Forums disappearing without notice

3dcheapskate opened this issue on Sep 14, 2023 ยท 23 posts

3dcheapskate posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 1:33 AM

I wanted to start a new topic in the "Suggestion Box" forum but the forum's gone. Either that or my memory's playing tricks on me.

I then spotted a recent "Carrara forum gone" topic where Wolfenshire explained that any forum that goes long enough without any activity gets closed.

There's definitely some logic to that, but please make it blatently clear to all forum users that this is the way it works. 

I would suggest that at the top of each forum, just undet the list of forum admins and mods, you add a sentence along the followinh lnes:

"Any forum that has no activity for (whatever-long-enough-means) will be closed."

Simple, eh?

P.S. That's not the suggestion that I wanted to post. So please can you reopen the Suggestion Box forum, assuming that it did actually exist and that it wasn't just my imagination, so that I can post the suggestion that I came here to post in the appropriate forum.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).