Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Certificate Error Message PP 2014?

RodS opened this issue on Dec 10, 2023 ยท 12 posts

RodS posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 2:25 PM Online Now!

. Anyone out there have any idea what the heck this is about - and how to get rid of it?

I have Poser Pro 2014 on my laptop, and a desktop. Every time I start it, this pops up. All I have to do is just click on the error (doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no') and it goes away and Poser works normally.

If I click 'show certificate' it shows a 'certificate path' from GoDaddy to Content Paradise.. What the...? I left GoDaddy months ago. I know it's an older version of Poser (I have Poser 12 on my main desktop), but this didn't start showing up until a few days ago. Any ideas? Is there some kind of certificate that needs updated?

Thanks!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

JustBeCause posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 2:47 PM

Go to the Host file , Located in 

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Open the host file with a notepad and add this line at the bottom, after adding the line save the hostfile

127.0.0.1 www.contentparadise.com

This will fix the issue with the Popup

In some cases you might also get another error message this one is fixed by adding this line into the hostfile

127.0.0.1 www.producturlsupport.com

After adding these lines as both sites are down you will not get any error again ....

RodS posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 5:09 PM Online Now!

Tried a couple times, but I still get the pop-up. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ Thanks for trying. I'll just click it away when it appears.

TwiztidKidd posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 5:28 PM

Don't do any Hosts.txt file bypasses! Don't do it, Sir Rod!

They are supposed to make their product work and perform as promised! This is not your fault!!!

RodS posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 5:56 PM Online Now!

No problem, Rick.

I tried several times, with and without a re-start; didn't make a bit of difference. Host file is back to the unmodified version. Not a biggie.. All I have to do is click the pop-up and it goes away. PP2014 still works normally. It's just a minor annoyance..

Finally! Something that's not my fault! WoooooHooo! ๐Ÿ˜†

JustBeCause posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 6:28 PM

:) Win 11 I guess .... if it does not hold the change you made in the host file open the txt editor as administrator then open the Host File through the Editor that runs as admin add the line try saving it again, other option is to try with replacing the host file with a new one as administrator.

RodS posted Wed, 13 December 2023 at 12:07 AM Online Now!

OK..... I figured out what I was doing wrong... And I should have known better. I was adding the hash character (#) in front of the IP address like in all the lines above it. That hash indicates whatever follows is a comment and to ignore it. I'd forgotten that. My memory retention lately is about as long as a grasshopper fart.

Thanks for the help, guys!

jorge.dorlando posted Wed, 03 January 2024 at 5:59 PM

Hello, I wanted to know: I had poser pro 2014, and I also have poser 11, this last one was when poser changed company ownership. Is there a repository site for both of these? For download? Or the complete PP2014 (I have the original serial of this)... ...Or the P11 library folders, especially those that contain animals, such as flies, beetles, horses, etc. thank you very much

hborre posted Wed, 03 January 2024 at 6:16 PM Online Now!

There is no repository site for PP2014.  There is one for Poser 11 and content: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads.

shvrdavid posted Wed, 03 January 2024 at 11:37 PM

I thought I would drop this here.... I about fainted when I saw the price...... I forgot about how expensive PP2014 was when it came out....

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/102000/poser-pro-2014

And to think people complain about the price of Poser now..........

If you bought it here, it should still be in your downloads......

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

jorge.dorlando posted Thu, 04 January 2024 at 9:35 AM

hborre posted at 6:16 PM Wed, 3 January 2024 - #4479968

There is no repository site for PP2014.  There is one for Poser 11 and content: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads.

Wow!!! Sensational!! I downloaded and installed everything. My fingers cramped, I had to zip so much to put them in the right place. Now my Poser is boosted again!!!! Thank you very, very much!!!!

jorge.dorlando posted Thu, 04 January 2024 at 9:50 AM

shvrdavid posted at 11:37 PM Wed, 3 January 2024 - #4479982

I thought I would drop this here.... I about fainted when I saw the price...... I forgot about how expensive PP2014 was when it came out....

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/102000/poser-pro-2014

And to think people complain about the price of Poser now..........

If you bought it here, it should still be in your downloads......

Hi shvrdavid ,

My PP2014 was purchased at a time when there was a store called ContentParadise. I bought it there, at that time. Only the oldest users here, who have used poser/daz for many years, will remember that store. It became extinct. I've been without a poser or daz for a while...I'm getting back to it now. I want to think of a way to bring these things to Blender 3d, perhaps.