Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Poser 13 Observations

Badia01 opened this issue on Jan 03, 2024 ยท 21 posts

Badia01 posted Wed, 03 January 2024 at 7:28 PM

I've been using Poser for some time now (I think I started with Poser 7).  Poser 11 Pro suddenly stopped working for me.  It would load, and then when it was loading my libraries, it immediately crashed and I could not use it.  I also could not re-install Poser 11 Pro since Renderostity no longer provides downloads of support for Poser 11 Pro.

So ... I bit the bullet and bought Poser 13.  Poser 13 seems more stable than Poser 11 Pro, which periodically crashed when I clicked on the Materials tab.  That bug seems to have been fixed with Poser 13.  That's a nice improvement.

However, the most frustrating part of Poser 13 is that none of the programs that use a compiled Python script work with Poser 13.   For example, D3D Perfect Tan Line program no longer works.  Nor does Semi Duex's Advanced Shaders program work with Poser 13, which disaables some of the excellent "second skin" like programs from Lululee, Darkworld and Vyktohria.

I can't understand why new versions of Poser are not developed that are compatible with older Python scripts.   How hard would it be to update Poser with software that can execute older Python scripts?