Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Applying poses with IK figure causes problems

grwall opened this issue on Jan 31, 2024 ยท 6 posts

grwall posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 10:08 AM

I've noticed that every time a pose is loaded from the "pose library", part of that loading procedure is to turn off IK on the target figure, apply the pose, then turn it back on.

I don't believe that this on/off of the IK should be done, and this seems like a bug or an oversight.

This does two things:
1) If the document is long and complex (lots of keyframes), applying the pose takes a long time (due to the IK calculations on all keyframes)

2) All of the previous keyframes on the figure have a chance of "breaking":, depending on the extremities of the pose. This is because turning IK on/off on a posed figure has some error, which can be quite significant depending on the pose and figure.

I tried playing with the way the poses are created, and playing with manually editing the pose file to see if I could trick poser into not doing this.

Does anyone else see this?  It can be pretty easily tested by creating a document with something like 5000 frames, Keyframe nearly all of them (like, 4900), then load a pose near the end. Do this both with IK on and off on the figure, and one can notice a significant difference in the time to load the pose.

I don't care so much about the load time, however, the unwanted pose changes to previous frames means that the pose library cannot be used at all (for figures/documents where IK on/off changes the pose significantly).