Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: rendering 1200dpi

drawn opened this issue on May 30, 2024 · 8 posts

drawn posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

in dummying up my graphic novel, I am experimenting. I get the screen to show what I want, render it at 1200 dpi and size in inches 2ooo wide x 1.125 and then save the result as an image to my desktop, making a screen cap out of it and then easily import that into Procreate on my iPad, and get a fairly clean sharp image to lay on my layout in Pages. I set the render to cpu fast denoise. what think ye, gang, any suggestions? 

drawn

drawn posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 2:37 PM

my iMac screen has a resolution of 4480x25xx, and the screenshot preserves that Rez, so all is well, I think...

drawn

hborre posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 3:06 PM

DPI is a printer's terminology.  PPI (pixels per inch) is the correct term that applies to saving rendered image resolution.  If what you are using is correctly posted, you are looking at a long render time for CPU rendering.  I don't understand why you don't just use the exported, rendered image.  Screen capture does not yield an optimal, editable image.

drawn posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:04 PM

I didn’t really make a
 Screenshot because when I exported the image to my desktop, it joined the screenshots that were already there and I couldn’t see the difference?

hborre posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:27 PM

Did you compare the resolution between the two images?  The purpose of rendering an image is to use it directly from Poser or perform further editing in a 3rd party software for illustration work.  The purpose of screencaps is to record information and save it as a reference; they shouldn't be your final version of your work.

drawn posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 6:24 PM

Yesireei saved a new one right to a location that I directly imported it perfectly into my editing program for touchups. Thanks for helping me get here

draen

nerd posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 5:48 PM Forum Moderator

Don, I saw your ticket in support before this. Seems you found a way to get the screen cap out of the work flow. That's good. I couldn't believe there was no way to directly import to Procreate.

drawn posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 6:51 PM

Yay!