Forum: Community Center

Subject: Can't submit spam reports

darkrepast opened this issue on Jun 18, 2024 ยท 7 posts

darkrepast posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 12:00 PM

I've tried on two computers and multiple browsers, but when I try to report a comment as spam, I get an error that states 'oops, something went wrong'.

Byrdie posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 1:06 PM

You're not the only one, had it happen to me just last week when I found spam pretending it was new art in the gallery. Did the clear cache/reload page dance but kept getting the same "oops" error. Running Chrome on a Windows 11 desktop with all applicable updates too, does anybody know what's up with that?

lauraguo posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 2:34 PM Site Admin

Thanks for reporting this, developers will investigate and fix this.

Byrdie posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 2:52 PM

Good to know. I was able to report a spam thread in one of the forums today without getting any errors. Not sure if it's working now for the galleries as I haven't found any spam there yet. Which is a good thing 'cuz who wants spam? -- but gotta have that report button working right!

lauraguo posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 4:02 PM Site Admin

Based on what I've seen, this only affects gallery posts. And it's only these buttons when you click to view a gallery post:

The fix should be ready sometime tomorrow morning. In the meantime, if you want, you can message moderators directly about spam. I believe RedPhantom handles the gallery moderation.

Crystalis posted Tue, 18 June 2024 at 4:34 PM

It does work if you report the image from here:

Perhaps when you added this feature you accidentally disabled the other.

lauraguo posted Wed, 19 June 2024 at 10:52 AM Site Admin

Crystalis posted at 4:34 PM Tue, 18 June 2024 - #4486396

Perhaps when you added this feature you accidentally disabled the other.

Yep. I had messed up some JavaScript.

However, it should all be fixed now. Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues. Thanks again everyone for reporting this issue :)