Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: The 3D Modeling forum

Lobo3433 opened this issue on Jul 18, 2024 · 6 posts

Lobo3433 posted Thu, 18 July 2024 at 2:20 PM Forum Moderator

To provide and encourage more community involvement, the 3D Modeling forum is going to be the central hub for information, news, and community activities related to 3D Modeling. 3D Modeling has become vast artist styles, tools and software are all unique but still all share fundamental principles and aspects. We all start with an idea and translate that to vertices edge faces, and we get a polygon. Or, you start with a line, a curve, and or a voxel. To encourage community spirit and share techniques tips and tricks, the 3D Modeling forum will encompass all 3D Modeling software and we want everyone to feel free to share what you want to see in the forum. Our older software-specific forums are going to be archived so any and all post threads will still be available, and we want to encourage you the community to take this opportunity to introduce yourself and share with the community what software you and use tips you feel others find useful. Above all else, feel free to tell me what you want to see. Looking forward to being at your service and on that note, I don’t know it all, but I do have many resources to find the answers you need. 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

infinity10 posted Sat, 20 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

Just got Blender3D 4.2 and have recently tinkered with some simple modelling. Also using Vroid Studio and Terrawell Design Doll for more anime stylisation figure geometries. Have Omniverse but not really liking the purpose of it. Have used Shade3D extensively in the past, but since they shifted to an online subscription model, have not continued using them. Not really into the animation aspects of these software; just modelling stuff. Also have tried Haiper, an AI text to geometry app, but I expect that's not what we really are about for this forum.

Eternal Hobbyist

Lobo3433 posted Sat, 20 July 2024 at 9:25 PM Forum Moderator

There was a recent addon release for creating stylised characters in Blender you might want to look at it. It is called Stylized Rigged Humans you can find it on the Blender Market I cannot post a direct link since it is also a market place and would be against the rules I think I have heard of Vriod Studios but have never tried it character creation is not one of my strong suits. I remember Shade3D think I still have an old version that use to be a goto Modeler for Poser and it had native Poser integration. We can discuss anything related to Modeling as to AI I have zero experience with AI maybe at some later date might explore it more.   But thank you for posting and contributing infinity10 and please if there is something specific you wish to discuss or looking for help in do not hesitate to post and ask 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

DarkMatter22 posted Tue, 10 September 2024 at 1:19 PM

I’m still stuck trying to make a cube that doesn’t look like a sad marshmallow.

super mario 64

Lobo3433 posted Tue, 10 September 2024 at 1:53 PM Forum Moderator

DarkMatter22 posted at 1:19 PM Tue, 10 September 2024 - #4489187

If you show us an example maybe we can help which software are you using and what are you trying to achieve?

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Warlock279 posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 9:20 PM

DarkMatter22 posted at 1:19 PM Tue, 10 September 2024 - #4489187

Subdivision modeling gone wrong? Might need hold/supporting edges in three directions instead of just one?

As Lobo said, if you wanna throw up some pictures, and what software you're using someone around here can probably point you in the right direction.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita